• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

This entire PPV has been old TNA levels of fuckey and lame finishes.

A lot of recent wwe ppvs have been that way.

Did wwe hire a bunch of the old TNA writing Staff?

Recall

That whole thing was awkward and flat. They have the tools for excellence but just can't excecute it.

I hate the lack of heat in the main event, it just felt like any other match.

The Geek ratings are in!

The New Day vs. Gallows & Anderson - ***1/2
T.J. Perkins vs. Brian Kendrick - ***
Cesaro vs. Sheamus - ****
Sami Zayn vs. Chris Jericho - ***3/4
Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Bayley - ***1/2
Rusev vs. Roman Reigns - **1/2
Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins - ***1/4

Overall a really good show, I thought. The booking of the endings is gonna make a lot of people think it was a bad one, though.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Every single ending was booked so horribly. Ruined some otherwise great wrestling. Raw brand is such a fucking debacle at this point.

I keep going back to that women's match

There were a lot of people this time last year saying "at least it's going to be hard to fuck up Bayley"

jg4xchamp

There are very few characters I buy; but the in ring quality cats would benefit more on smackdown. Cesaro needs to not be wasted so much.

Mengetsu

4PCQnuc.jpg

Zach

The Geek ratings are in!

Overall a really good show, I thought. The booking of the endings is gonna make a lot of people think it was a bad one, though.
The New Day vs. Gallows & Anderson - Didn't watch.
T.J. Perkins vs. Brian Kendrick - **1/2
Cesaro vs. Sheamus - **
Sami Zayn vs. Chris Jericho - **1/2
Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Bayley - ****
Rusev vs. Roman Reigns - **
Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins - **1/2

:D

The New Day vs. Gallows & Anderson - Didn't watch.
T.J. Perkins vs. Brian Kendrick - **1/2
Cesaro vs. Sheamus - **
Sami Zayn vs. Chris Jericho - **1/2
Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Bayley - ****
Rusev vs. Roman Reigns - **
Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins - **1/2

:D
Your ratings are bad and you should feel bad.

Especially for Cesaro/Sheamus. Yikes

Recall

WWE Clash of Champions [RAW Brand PPV] 25th Sept 2016

Byron Saxton, Michael Cole and Corey Graves on commentary.

Match 0 - Preshow) Alicia Fox vs. Nia Jax
Thoughts: Basic yet totally sound match we've seen before that told its story of Nia being this unstoppable force with Alicia being determined to overcome the odds. Alicia bumped well on all the rag doll throws and Nia looked like she always did, in charge.
Star Rating: *1/2

Match 1) New Day vs. Gallows & Anderson (RAW Tag Team Championship Match)
Thoughts: Nice energetic contest with everyone working hard and it kept myself and the crowd entertained. I did hear boos though for the finish, it is odd for a face team taking the cheap victory. There was no real extended heat getting beat down segment but it was quite explosive and it stopped it from getting dull.
Star Rating: **3/4

Match 2) TJ Perkins vs. Brian Kendrick (WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match)
Thoughts: TJ's entrance theme is ace. Very slow paced to begin with that moved into a clumsy match with a few botches thrown in and while Kendrick mixed it up with unique answers to TJ's moves it didnt make it overly entertaining. The match structure was a little all over the place too with no one guy holding momentum for more than one move and then losing it. I'm glad TJ won but it wasnt the quality of match I had personally hoped for.
Star Rating: **1/2

Match 3) Sheamus vs. Cesaro (Final match in a best of 7 series)
Thoughts: Two men beating the shit out of each other and playing off of their previous encounters with faking out the previous match finishes nicely. It was very enjoyable if a little plodding early on but Cesaro is so entertaining with his comebacks and it fantastically picked up in the final third. They stepped it up and took it to a whole new level for their matches and it made for a really entertaining high impact drama fuelled match even with the non-finish. Cesaro's dive was totally fucked up and was genuinely scary.
Star Rating: ***1/2

Match 4) Sami Zayn vs. Chris Jericho
Thoughts: Lots of juicy canadian violence and while it lacked a little something to fully bring in the crowd it was still techincally sound and I found it to be entertaining. Jericho can still go and helped create a pretty cool match, though with Jericho winning I'm not sure what is next for Zayn.
Star Rating: ***1/4

Match 5) Bayley vs. Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte (RAW Women's Championship Match)
Thoughts: Frantic start that was brought to a halt once Charlotte gained control. Once they remembered it was a triple threat match it began being interesting again. Lots of big moves, well built nearfalls, cool interesting moments that worked in the triple threat setting marred only by a flat finish. Charlotte is very enjoyable to watch though I wonder how many more Women's triple threats we will possibly see.
Star Rating: ***1/2

Match 6) Rusev vs. Roman Reigns (WWE United States Championship Match)
Thoughts: Not the most creative or interesting match, it was pretty much Rusev taking control for a long period, rest holds and all, felt almost squash like. Best bit was Lana breaking up a Reign's pinfall after a spear as it lit up the crowd and it looked like Rusev would retain but of course not. Super spear puts all down.
Star Rating: *3/4

Match 7) Seth Rollins vs. Kevin Owens (WWE Universal Championship Match)
Thoughts: The lack of main event heat during this match was exceptionally noticable and it felt like a heel vs heel match, I dont think of Rollins as the victim either. The whole thing was awkward and at times fell flat. They put on a good match with little pieces being enjoyable and a few moments of drama, but it should have been a great match but the execution alone dragged it down. The finish was bad and it should have been a shorter match. Owens and Rollins have the tools for better and I hope the rematch is more refined.
Star Rating: ***

Overall: A bit of a let down to be honest, though years ago we would have craved for star ratings like this on shows now it feels by the numbers where the execution holds it all back. The story of the main event held little to no intrigue and the match that should hsve stole the show failed to do so. Match of the night goes to Sheamus vs Cesaro and even with the non-finish im hopeful it leads to a big stipulation match at the next PPV. Its a thumbs in the middle PPV held back by its main event.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The Geek ratings are in!

The New Day vs. Gallows & Anderson - ***1/2
T.J. Perkins vs. Brian Kendrick - ***
Cesaro vs. Sheamus - ****
Sami Zayn vs. Chris Jericho - ***3/4
Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Bayley - ***1/2
Rusev vs. Roman Reigns - **1/2
Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins - ***1/4

New Day v. Club **1/2
TJP v. TBK ***
Cesaro v. Sheamus ****1/4
SZ v. y2j ***
womens division **
Roman Reigns v. WWE universe -*****
KO v. Seth **

Anybody think Cesaro and Sheamus were going to steal the show 4 hours ago?

Top Bottom