• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

Wagram

I'm not seeing any issue with the booking.

The New Day won. Jericho won. Reigns won, but the ending sequence was pretty good and didn't make Rusev look bad. Owens won in a dirty fashion which didn't make Sith look bad, and we got a nice cameo from Jericho that actually made sense.

The only problem was the Cesaro vs. Sheamus match. It was shaping up pretty nicely. Felt like we were about five minutes away from the ending to a match that slowly picked up the intensity and excitement only for it to randomly end.

Tag Team Titles: The Club is supposed to be this dominant tag team and they're continuously in bad segments. They've jobbed and jobbed and jobbed. They aren't the bad ass team the commentary is claiming they are. +OUTSIDE INTERFERENCE

Cesaro vs. Sheamus: That ending was completely atrocious. It didn't need to end that way. Are Sheamus and Cesaro becoming a tag team for the titles? What was the point?

Women's Triple Threat: The finish was poorly booked. It was a big boot. +OUTSIDE INTERFERENCE.

Reigns vs. Rusev: Rusev has never been dominant in this feud with rare exception. He gets his ass handed to him before Summerslam, he gets talked down to about his wedding, and he gets off his honey moon to just be a tool for Roman. +OUTSIDE INTERFERENCE.

Owens vs. Rollins: Why can't Owens win a match clean to solidify why he should be the champ? Why did a +OUTSIDE INTERFERENCE need to happen?

The booking was straight ass.

Verendus

Banned
Tag Team Titles: The Club is supposed to be this dominant tag team and they're continuously in bad segments. They've jobbed and jobbed and jobbed. They aren't the bad ass team the commentary is claiming they are. +OUTSIDE INTERFERENCE

Cesaro vs. Sheamus: That ending was completely atrocious. It didn't need to end that way. Are Sheamus and Cesaro becoming a tag team for the titles? What was the point?

Women's Triple Threat: The finish was poorly booked. It was a big boot. +OUTSIDE INTERFERENCE.

Reigns vs. Rusev: Rusev has never been dominant in this feud with rare exception. He gets his ass handed to him before Summerslam, he gets talked down to about his wedding, and he gets off his honey moon to just be a tool for Roman. +OUTSIDE INTERFERENCE.

Owens vs. Rollins: Why can't Owens win a match clean to solidify why he should be the champ? Why did a +OUTSIDE INTERFERENCE need to happen?

The booking was straight ass.
The Club hasn't seemed like a dominant tag team for all the time I've seen them in the WWE. Just seem like any other team. Like you said, they've lost, and lost, and lost. Not seeing what the issue is here. There's nothing impressive about them.

Cesaro vs. Sheamus was indeed an atrocious ending. Apparently this was their seventh match, was actually shaping up good, but they decided to do that. It was bizarre.

Triple threat I have no comment on. I missed it.

Reigns vs. Rusev makes perfect sense. Reigns is coming off PPV losses to Rollins, Ambrose, then a no contest at Summerslam, and this is ignoring the apparent continuous losses he seems to be taking on Raw to guys like that Demon failure and even Owens. Rusev is a mid-card heel. Reigns is pretty much the top guy in the company. Rusev is a mid-card heel. Did I mention that? They've always had interferences or dirty finishes, and in his case, Lana has always been at ringside. Makes sense. Result is fine since, if anything, they've been a bit too generous with Reigns losing recently. You're complaining for the sake of complaining here.

Owens doesn't need a clean win either. He's a heel. Not seeing what this obsession over clean wins is. The ending doesn't make Rollins look weak, and Owens wins in a way that actually makes sense because Jericho is the right guy to actually help him.

Owens doesn't need a clean win either. He's a heel. Not seeing what this obsession over clean wins is. The ending doesn't make Rollins look weak, and Owens wins in a way that actually makes sense because Jericho is the right guy to actually help him.
I agree with this completely. The way the match ended didn't justify the 25 minutes they went, but Owens winning with fuckery makes complete sense for his character.

There seems to be a lot of controversy over the Cesaro/Sheamus finish, and while I get where it's coming from, I don't think it's warranted. The story of the match was that it was a war where both guys refused to die (note it was the only match of the night where the participants actually kicked out of finishing maneuvers). Having the doctor say neither man could continue was much better than a double count out, and if it leads to a fantastic hell in a cell match, it was a justified ending IMO.

Verendus

Banned
I agree with this completely. The way the match ended didn't justify the 25 minutes they went, but Owens winning with fuckery makes complete sense for his character.

There seems to be a lot of controversy over the Cesaro/Sheamus finish, and while I get where it's coming from, I don't think it's warranted. The story of the match was that it was a war where both guys refused to die (note it was the only match of the night where the participants actually kicked out of finishing maneuvers). Having the doctor say neither man could continue was much better than a double count out, and if it leads to a fantastic hell in a cell match, it was a justified ending IMO.
That part was exactly why I wanted Sheamus to walk back in that ring, and for them to beat the hell out of each other for another five minutes before we got a winner for the series. That match was a surprise. It started normally and didn't seem particularly special, but suddenly started to increase in intensity, and it worked. Then they kind of ended it instead of letting them finish which is why I feel disappointed.

Plus, let's be honest friend, they're not going to give them HellCell. I would be surprised if they did. That'll just go to the Sith vs. Owens match since it's likely to be the main event. I bet they just do an eighth match on Raw or something. I'm not even going to get the chance to see that.

orioto

Good Art™

I don't mind fuckery if he's strong in the match before. But i'd say it doesn't make sens for his character no. He was never a cheap heel that never wis clean before now... That's the first title run effect.

Verendus

Banned
Someone needs to gif that Cesaro dive too. What the hell was he thinking there? It seems like he didn't even try to lift his hands, and decided to headbutt the floor.

That part was exactly why I wanted Sheamus to walk back in that ring, and for them to beat the hell out of each other for another five minutes before we got a winner for the series. That match was a surprise. It started normally and didn't seem particularly special, but suddenly started to increase in intensity, and it worked. Then they kind of ended it instead of letting them finish which is why I feel disappointed.

Plus, let's be honest friend, they're not going to give them HellCell. I would be surprised if they did. That'll just go to the Sith vs. Owens match since it's likely to be the main event. I bet they just do an eighth match on Raw or something. I'm not even going to get the chance to see that.
Well, in the history of the PPV, only one show had a single cell match (and it was 11 minutes long lol), so I think they're definitely doing two. With the way Roman/Rusev went, it'd be weird to have that be given the big stip.

I think they're doing Owens/Seth and Cesaro/Sheamus in Hell in a Cell.

Mengetsu

Someone needs to gif that Cesaro dive too. What the hell was he thinking there? It seems like he didn't even try to lift his hands, and decided to headbutt the floor.
Edit fixed:
https://media.giphy.com/media/l0HlVUR5lbwSLHnSU/giphy.gif

yOHAR0q.jpg

Verendus

Banned
Well, in the history of the PPV, only one show had a single cell match (and it was 11 minutes long lol), so I think they're definitely doing two. With the way Roman/Rusev went, it'd be weird to have that be given the big stip.

I think they're doing Owens/Seth and Cesaro/Sheamus in Hell in a Cell.
You do have a point, but I'm secretly hoping that they've realised having more than one HellCell match just makes it have less of an impact. The Reigns vs. Wyatt match last year was unnecessary.

orioto

Good Art™
Going to sleep at 6:30am great.

i'm kinda sad for Owens cause all of this is going to back fire at him and it's so unfair. The ratings, the main event reaction of the crowd. You know someone close to Vince will tell him that just means Owens is not champ material and he will be buried for the rest of his career..

When the truth is really.. they have no clue how to book anything right..

Tagyhag

I'm really not happy that wrestlers consider their fans asking them to not dive as an open challenge or some shit.

I get that we're not wrestlers so our opinion means nothing to them, but they haven't exactly made amazing cases for it.

Foffy

Banned
Now, someone please explain to me what Cesaro was doing here.

I rewound this moment several times, and was honestly wondering whether he wanted to kill himself. I cannot make sense of it. It seems like he was on mission to hit the floor with his head. He doesn't even lift his hands from the beginning.

Maybe he knew that by suicide or injury was his only way of escaping the neverending matches with Sheamus.

Top Bottom