• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The interesting thing to me is that they stopped pretending the New Day are the longest reigning tag team champions and started giving Demolition credit again.

Maybe Demolition are finally gonna get that HOF nod.

CtQVVl4XgAA7CwU.jpg

The interesting thing to me is that they stopped pretending the New Day are the longest reigning tag team champions and started giving Demolition credit again.

Demolition are apart of that head trauma lawsuit suing the WWE so they definitely are not going into the Hall of Fame anytime soon.

If anything it's clear as day WWE want New Day to beat that record hence why they're still champs.

Like Batsie said, Demolition are involved in that head trauma lawsuit so they're probably mentioning them again to rub it in their faces that New Day beat their record.

There's a 250 day difference between New Day's current reign and Demolition's overall combined reign. New Day would have to be champs until about March next year to beat Demolition's record. So yeah, they're holding that shit until next 'Mania and then some probably.

Caderfix

Apparently last night was Seth's 15th straight PPV title match in a row since 'Mania 31. At this rate I'm getting more sick of him then Roman. Doesn't help that this face turn is laughably bad.

The shield has been in the main event picture for too long. All three of them need to go to the sidelines for a while, and that's coming from a Rollins fan.

klonere

Banned
Pretty wack if you need to be all nice to Paul just to get a push. Cody was right!!

Let's analyse this!!!

Current champ: Owens, HHH's best pal

Former champ: Balor, corporate face of HHH's own vanity brand

Before the split: Ambrose, whom nobody cares enough about to intervene on behalf of and was carried to his only good match in 2016 by HHH. What a next level, smart worker.

Post Mania 2016: DA BIG DAWG who won it off HHH, who was feeling generous

Pre-Mania 2016: The man himself, the king of kings, the cerebral assassin, maker of indie dream matches, leader of the greatest stable of the monday night wars, cool guy, great dad, the best entrances, he of the gorilla position selfie with new champ that he led through NXT by the hand, the shoot face that will run the place (if wall street doesn't get in the way), the man who turned a worked gimmick into a shoot, the connecticut blue blood, he let Nakamura just be Nakamura man, probably an IWGP champ, TRIPLE HHH ALL FUCKING HAIL

ONE VS ALL, RUMBLE EDITION, YEAR 2 OF THE ROMAN REIGNS PUSH: Ramen Rings, on his record 6th regin as champ in the space of 5 weeks, losing it to the man himself, the king of king-

Last year or some shit: Sheamus, HHH old best pal. He was a Paul Project (TM) in the good old days you know!

There was a tournament for the belt at Survivor Series where Roman pinned Dean in 9 minutes, Dean kicked out of a spear, do you remember this: Roman Reigns, immediately cashed in upon by HHH best pal, Sheamus

RECORD LOW RATINGS 2015 EDITION: Seth Rollins the definitive but now sadly former best pal at HHH. Excelled at being a great pal, really nice to Steph, swell guy, laughed a lot, he even let HHH take the night off and did the laundry sometimes.

Year 1.5 of the Roman Reigns push: HAving successfully navigated the GOAT Rumble, Spear first, Talk later, the one man warrior nation, Mr. Reigns fails to beat jacked white boy due to HHH best pal Seth Rollins.

Lesnar makes the belt prestigious by hiding from Vince in Minnesota or somewhere like that: Jacked white boy, who HHH beat before, so HHH is still champ, he could take that chump anytime. HHH is a cool dude.

The land before time: I uh...Randy Orton I guess? A HHH pal from history. He was a Paul Project (TM) in the good old days you know! There also was a goat in here, somewhere. Current champ: Owens, won at the behest of HHH

There's a 250 day difference between New Day's current reign and Demolition's overall combined reign. New Day would have to be champs until about March next year to beat Demolition's record. So yeah, they're holding that shit until next 'Mania and then some probably.
I thought they were just going for the 478 days, not combined!

Mahonay

Banned
I'll be honest. I'm a huge Rusev fan but his US title run was pretty awful. Roman's firmly in the midcard now, he can have a good feud with a few people now. It's the best thing they could do with him. They won't get rid of him entirely and this way he isn't going to be main-eventing for the big title.
Yeah this latest Rusev run was pretty nothing for a while now. The title changing was probably the right choice there. And it does open up Reigns to have a bunch of quality midcard matches which should be really good for him.

Last night's show was kind of booty. Although best friend Jericho coming out on top all night was all I ever wanted in life and I got it.

Kaladin

Oh Mick, you only wish the debate is friendly so Raw ratings aren't in the tube.

THE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE

I loved reading this letter that President George H.W. Bush left for incoming President Bill Clinton in January, 1993. It's a reminder that this country is at its best when we all work together - with those at the very top setting the example for the rest of us.

My wish for our country really shouldn't seem far-fetched...but somehow, with our first #PresidentialDebate upon us, given the ugliness of the times and the divisive nature of politics, it does seem fairly unrealistic. My wish is simply this: tomorrow, when the world is talking about the screaming, the name-calling and back-stabbing - let them be talking about what happened on WWE Monday Night Raw. Please! Let #WWE be the only surreal alternate universe available to television viewers on Monday night. Let Vince McMahon be the only bellicose billionaire on view. Let Ms Charlotte, or even my boss, Stephanie McMahon be the only woman looked at as a heel or evil-doer. I wish so hard that candidates Hillary Clinton and (especially) Donald Trump will have enough respect for their opponent, the country and the presidency of the United States to debate the issues with integrity and decide the best way forward for our country - and leave the unnecessary cheap-shots and low blows to the professionals at WWE.

I'm 3X WWE Champion, 2X New York Times #1 best-selling author and 1X RAINN volunteer of the month Mick Foley - and I approve of this message!

klonere

Banned
Yeah this latest Rusev run was pretty nothing for a while now. The title changing was probably the right choice there. And it does open up Reigns to have a bunch of quality midcard matches which should be really good for him.

Last night's show was kind of booty. Although best friend Jericho coming out on top all night was all I ever wanted in life and I got it.

Rusev is midcard for life. Sorry boys, the dream is over.

Imagine what a star Rusev could have been if he not only beat Cena at 31, but made him tap.

laughcrying9ixgg.gif

I wouldn't say the worst, as Charlotte/Dana and anything Apollo Creed is terrible, but, yeah, New Day has been boring for quite a while now.
Man, Charlotte's been one of the more consistent parts of Raw. If she were on Smackdown, I'd probably never have to turn into Raw.

Aiii

So not worth it
Are you bunch of m-words getting worked with this Cesaro/Sheamus business? What happened? Fake injuries? Has Meltzer confirmed or denied this?

Shadow780

WWE officials are extremely high on Dana Brooke, and plan to use her current program with Charlotte as a means to push her as the top babyface on Raw - over Bayley or Sasha Banks.

This is a WWE troll feeding teh dirtsheet right?

AJ has just about everything WWE likes except he isn't 6 foot 8.

He has a great look.
He can GO! in the ring without killing himself or others
His t shirts sell
He is white and is way into Jesus

I am not shocked Vince likes him

Cagey

Banned
Apparently last night was Seth's 15th straight PPV title match in a row since 'Mania 31. At this rate I'm getting more sick of him then Roman. Doesn't help that this face turn is laughably bad.
15 in a row. 15!

WWE has a Seth addiction.

I can wait for his 7th rematch in a row next month. I can wait a very long time.

imBask

Banned
AJ has just about everything WWE likes except he isn't 6 foot 8.

He has a great look.
He can GO! in the ring without killing himself or others
His t shirts sell
He is white and is way into Jesus

I am not shocked Vince likes him

yeah but he's a little twerp and it's only a matter of time before some giant fellow destroys him clean right?

Kaladin

I just finished out 1997 in Monday Night Raw. Damn that was a good year and it ended on a good note with Real Ass Stone Cold, The Rock finally realizing that he's The People's Champ, the best DX shenanigans (love the Triple H vs HBK for the European title bit), The Artist Formally Known As Goldust giving us the best ever example of a mid life crisis having a mid life crisis, Kane vs Undertaker heating up, Chainsaw Mother Fuckin' Charlie!

So much going on at the end of '97. It just goes to show that they can book a wrasslin' show with as little wrasslin' as possible and keep it entertaining. Cut Raw down to 2 hours, give us one or two decent matches per week, save the good stuff for the PPV. You had to have damn good stories or the attitude era would have failed.

Also, they did an angle with Kane where they said that 7 men he had attacked were out to destroy him. They then had the seven guys come to the ring and call out Kane. This one ended with Taker coming out and helping him, but can you imagine if they did this kind of angle with Strowman? Have all the jobbers he destroyed come out at once and tell him they're not taking it anymore and call him out. Then instead of having someone come help him, he destroys all of them in one go.....that would be damn entertaining.

Looking forward to 1998 and the '98 Rumble!

Top Bottom