• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

Zach

08U6PWo.jpg

EItAJ5A.jpg

God dang it.

No Mercy's advertising being treated like a perfume commercial is great considering the part it plays in Ziggler vs Miz.

Also I dig the True Detective style short promos for it.

klonere

Banned
Imagine what a star Rusev could have been if he not only beat Cena at 31, but made him tap.

laughcrying9ixgg.gif

Man, Charlotte's been one of the more consistent parts of Raw. If she were on Smackdown, I'd probably never have to turn into Raw.

The biggest missed opportunity of the last few years no fucking doubt, HE HAD A TANK.

He could rolled out on Raw in his Maserati and said that he respects the John Cena and has come to love America because it gave him his job and his wife after starting from nothing. A true modern American Dream

The American Dream. Aleksander Rusev

The best part about the dive is they started chanting this is awesome straight after it. As if the audience was encouraging him to dive more

HAHA JUST LIKE BACK IN THE DAY WHEN STAN HANSEN WAS IWGP CHAMP IN ALL JAPAN PRO WRASSLIN' MAGGLE. HEADROPS IN TOKYO FOR FIVE STARS I LOVE IT

I just watched that video making rounds with the guy doing the weird voice while reviewing a gummy rat and the dude starts singing Hogan's theme song out of nowhere. Friends, I was shook.

klonere

Banned
As a newer NJPW watcher, what makes this so bad/good/whatever?

TBH right now the Bullet Club is lame as shit to me. None of the guys get over with me other than Omega and Fale.

It's self parody levels. One of the original targets of the Bullet Club was the Cpt, spawning the infamous CAPTAIN FOOKIN NEW JAPAN promo.

Yes, the Bullet Club is lame as shit, which is why Omega/Bucks have tried to kinda half splinter it themselves with The Elite stuff. But they still sell loads of shirts so "this feud must continue!".

Oh and as I said earlier, the name of the Bullet Club tshirt you see everywhere is "Bone Soldier" which is now the new name for Captain New Japan, which says everything you need to know about the state of the BC right now.

Mahonay

Banned
So are they working together or not? Fuck this has been handled so badly.
At the end of the show last night after Jericho helped Owens retain, Stephanie gave this cartoonish evil look suggesting she was in on it the whole time.

Just...just the fucking worst.

I am so happy I have chosen to only watch Smackdown.

I woke up this morning with the idea that New Day will slowly turn heel in the next few months, using increasingly desperate tactics to hang onto the tag belts. Would be an intriguing way to take them and have them end up kind of where they started....

We're just getting the same old crap until they beat Demolition's record, aren't we?

Mahonay

Banned
I woke up this morning with the idea that New Day will slowly turn heel in the next few months, using increasingly desperate tactics to hang onto the tag belts. Would be an intriguing way to take them and have them end up kind of where they started....

We're just getting the same old crap until they beat Demolition's record, aren't we?
I mean at least last night was a legit heel tactic to retain the belts. So it's plausible they are heading that direction.

He feels alive, real unlike this bizarre charisma coma he's been in for the last 2 years. De Demon King has nothing on the Real Rock n Rolla.
Yeah, there's just a real lack of charisma towards the character of Finn Balor. He's not exactly bad, just insanely dry. Poor guy just wants to play with his Lego's not crawl around on the floor to sell the merch.

It's self parody levels. One of the original targets of the Bullet Club was the Cpt, spawning the infamous CAPTAIN FOOKIN NEW JAPAN promo.

Yes, the Bullet Club is lame as shit, which is why Omega/Bucks have tried to kinda half splinter it themselves with The Elite stuff. But they still sell loads of shirts so "this feud must continue!".

Oh and as I said earlier, the name of the Bullet Club tshirt you see everywhere is "Bone Soldier" which is now the new name for Captain New Japan, which says everything you need to know about the state of the BC right now.

Maybe this is a long con by Omega, ha

Kaladin

Best thing to do with WWE 2k16 after you've done everything? Tournaments.

Turn on damage retention, this is a must. Later matches in a tournament with damage retention between rounds are some of the best gameplay you'll have. You'll get matches where both guys are worn down and it still takes 20 minutes to put the other guy away. It's damn good fun.

Let's get something straight, Captain FOOKIN New Japan > Yoshitatsu. Captain actually gets reactions, even as a joke character - Yoshitatsu gets nothing.

Also, people want Bullet Club gone, but there's gotta be a heel stable for the gaijins and I'm guessing those of you calling for BC to cease would NOT be happy to see a bunch of foreign additions to Los Ingobernables. Now, if they want to kill BC and bring back Suzuki-gun, that's a different matter entirely.

Top Bottom