• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

klonere

Banned
tumblr_odtvuy95IY1u1ljrzo4_500.png

I...I might need a new avatar....

gun_haver

tumblr_odtvuy95IY1u1ljrzo4_500.png

I...I might need a new avatar....

she's really good. just needs a bit better material to work with a bit more practice improv'ing (you can see the wheels turn in her head in this promo, she's still struggling a little), and then we've got ourselves a big old star on our hands. i always believed in alexa and she's showing the sparks of a big run right now. does need a little more working over though until she is fully smooth.

Fox318

he's a draw, and UFC is a business above all.

doesn't surprise me.

punk is probably going to ask for more money this time, too. can't wait for the salt.
The UFC that is trying to get the state legalized and win over sponsors doesn't do that move.

This UFC has huge intrest payments to pay off each year just to break even.

Sephzilla

I really wish they didn't split up the womens division. Womens wrestling in WWE would be much better off if they were all on one show.

gun_haver

I really wish they didn't split up the womens division. Womens wrestling in WWE would be much better off if they were all on one show.

i don't agree. this thing with becky at the top and alexa chasing her, and then naomi (good), carmella (getting good) nikki (good) and nattie (bad) is working out pretty damn well and then you've got eva when she returns for the comedy angle. that's more than enough for a championship division.

and then on raw you've got sasha, bayley and charlotte. throwing those three into the smackdown mix would just waste the girls at the top over there. we get the best of both worlds this way. i'm sure sasha charlotte and bayley will have a great match at cotc, and i'm sure alexa and becky will have a great match at no mercy. both for the top spots. it's all good.

DMczaf

Hah, the Ospreay shoot is pretty hilarious in regards to the Vader stuff. Basically, everything everyone warned them would happen happened and no one comes off looking good, except maybe Vader who worked himself into a payday. They had it in writing that Will would go over, then on the day Vader refused to come out of his hotel unless he won the match. They worked something out, but Vader had to be walked through the match step by step a bunch of times and then still forgot everything in the ring, so Ospreay had to guide him through it. Will seems pretty pissed off about the whole thing, as he should be, but you can't say he wasn't warned and I think this is maybe the 2nd or 3rd time Vader's pulled this exact stunt in the UK alone.

Vader with that old school heat protection, brother.

Sephzilla

i don't agree. this thing with becky at the top and alexa chasing her, and then naomi (good), carmella (getting good) nikki (good) and nattie (bad) is working out pretty damn well and then you've got eva when she returns for the comedy angle. that's more than enough for a championship division.

and then on raw you've got sasha, bayley and charlotte. throwing those three into the smackdown mix would just waste the girls at the top over there. we get the best of both worlds this way. i'm sure sasha charlotte and bayley will have a great match at cotc, and i'm sure alexa and becky will have a great match at no mercy. both for the top spots. it's all good.

I'm thinking more big picture. Having a division of 5 or 6 people will get stale in the long term because you're going to see a lot of recycled stuff

gun_haver

I'm thinking more big picture. Having a division of 5 or 6 people will get stale in the long term because you're going to see a lot of recycled stuff

they'll add more though. we're just getting started and it's been good - that's why i don't get the concern. asuka will probably go to smackdown. she'll die on raw. and then you've got the new NXT class of women, some of whom will probably be good. it'll grow to the point where it's more like 8-10 women on each roster.

I wouldn't exactly be surprised if they put everyone popular from NXT on raw, and people like Tye & Liv on SD. I mean since the draft they've gotten Bayley and a slew of cruiserweights and SD! has still gotten no one new.
cut out the background in photoshop if you're going to make an avatar GOD DAMNIT KIDS THESE DAYS
I'M WORKING ON IT

Heroman

Banned
I wouldn't exactly be surprised if they put everyone popular from NXT on raw, and people like Tye & Liv on SD. I mean since the draft they've gotten Bayley and a slew of cruiserweights and SD! has still gotten no one new.
I'M WORKING ON IT

Smackdown got Jack Swager.

jmdajr

It was pointed out by Reddit user Original CheezIt last night that John Cena’s pinfall loss to Dean Ambrose on Smackdown Live was his first pinfall or submission loss on RAW or Smackdown in nearly seven years.

The last time Cena lost clean on either show via pinfall or submission was on the October 19, 2009 edition of RAW in a match against Triple H.

gun_haver

i think it's really cool how the talk has changed from 'man cena always wins' to 'man cena should not be losing this much'.

klonere

Banned
I can't fucking believe they managed to kick out of finishers in a 10 minute match

The John Cena match formula is just absolute garbage

Lothar

Banned
Randy Orton, the guy that agreed to let Brock hit him in the head until his brains leaked out, said something dumb? I can't believe that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hah, the Ospreay shoot is pretty hilarious in regards to the Vader stuff. Basically, everything everyone warned them would happen happened and no one comes off looking good, except maybe Vader who worked himself into a payday. They had it in writing that Will would go over, then on the day Vader refused to come out of his hotel unless he won the match. They worked something out, but Vader had to be walked through the match step by step a bunch of times and then still forgot everything in the ring, so Ospreay had to guide him through it. Will seems pretty pissed off about the whole thing, as he should be, but you can't say he wasn't warned and I think this is maybe the 2nd or 3rd time Vader's pulled this exact stunt in the UK alone.

Not to defend Vader but they really should have considered the context of how that match came about.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I don't wish that at all.

They have 4 different women's feuds right now.

Edit: And they're teasing a fifth (Carmella/Nikki, Alexa/Becky, Dana/Charlotte, Alicia/Nia, they're teasing the heel turn for Sasha against Bayley). Prior to SummerSlam, they had 1 on each show (and 1 in the company entirely before the brand split).

gun_haver

for all the shit we give dean, at least he is unique. that's more than can be said for many current wwe guys.

also

check this out

i want cena to win at no mercy. i know he won't cos he's going to do a tv show or whatever, but i want him to, pinning dean.

this aj feud has the potential to be an all time great feud if they keep it going.

Top Bottom