• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

People on Wreddit are wanting the E to go after more ROH/NJPW talent as if Gallows/Anderson haven't shown enough you don't just immediately translate over. I wasn't worried about Styles, but after watching Gallows/Anderson in a few NJPW I had no idea how they were going to get over. They're just a vanilla tag team, with one who wrestles like a stiff board.

klonere

Banned
People on Wreddit are wanting the E to go after more ROH/NJPW talent as if Gallows/Anderson haven't shown enough you don't just immediately translate over. I wasn't worried about Styles, but after watching Gallows/Anderson in a few NJPW I had no idea how they were going to get over. They're just a vanilla tag team, with one who wrestles like a stiff board.

Anderson can be a great little singles in the right spot but yeah Gallows has never been good. NJPW has had this weird fetish for big, mediocre as fuck gajin in tag teams, Gallows was basically a replacement for Albert who I would venture to say wasn't much better. They've definitely hit on something with Fale now though, most of whose G1 bouts were actually a lot of fun as opposed to the absolute slog Gallow's matches would be. Booking on Raw is helping exactly nobody but with Gallows there isn't much there to do with.

Their tag team spot has been taken over by G.O.D who are somehow even worse.

orioto

Good Art™
The cm punk chants, or Daniel Bryan chants back in the time were like the crowd wanting better wrestling (at least it looked like so).

Now chanting CM Punk in a TJP match (pretty good with that). It's like they show their true colors. It's like they say "stop tht wrestling crap give us people we know". First time i've personally seen that. Sign of bad things to come certainly.

Also that RAW roster is killed. They have to do something. A main event like that really ? That's terrible. 2 jobbers against the champ and his buddy, no story, no perspective...

They currently have NO face over enough to make any program with Owens over. That's sad but true. That draft killed RAW good. Right now the only thing that would wake up the reaction for RAW would be Cena, Orton or maybe Ambrose against Owens... They have no solid face at all.

That's really sad to think Owens is champ in such a terrible period for RAW. You know how it works. They will throw him under the bus. He's symbolizing bad ratings, silent crowds..

Anderson can be a great little singles in the right spot but yeah Gallows has never been good. NJPW has had this weird fetish for big, mediocre as fuck gajin in tag teams, Gallows was basically a replacement for Albert who I would venture to say wasn't much better. They've definitely hit on something with Fale now though, most of whose G1 bouts were actually a lot of fun as opposed to the absolute slog Gallow's matches would be. Booking on Raw is helping exactly nobody but with Gallows there isn't much there to do with.

Their tag team spot has been taken over by G.O.D who are somehow even worse.

G.O.D is Tonga's team right? Yeah, they're terribly bad and boring.

I like Anderson in he's got that kind of dean malenko / jericho thing going where he's smaller, but scrappy and able to wrestle extremely well.

Either way, I'm glad I'm sticking to "I'll just watch the YT highlights" for RAW because looking at the card for last night it's just the same matches on repeat.

Not sure why people are clamouring for WWE to stuff its roster to the brim with talent from elsewhere...they barely have enough time for everyone on the roster as it is, and yet seemingly some want them to sign every half decent talent with a bit of buzz about them. Here's an idea, just watch them wrestle elsewhere. Support the indies that supported them and, if they get signed one day, great! It just seems ridiculous to me that people can hold this opinion of a wrestler being good, yet be largely unwilling to pay any real attention until they're signed.

WWE isn't the be-all and end-all of professional wrestling, thank god.

CtWi-M-WEAAHNXD.jpg:large

Kurita

I still can't believe what an amazing turnaround he's had with this character. I remember people here mocking him when pictures popped up with him in his crazy hair. I always felt he was number 2 to his brother but it's not even a competition anymore.

Don't worry I still think it's dumb af!

Raw continues being kinda dreadful save for the Cass/Enzo/Jericho/Owens segment. Jericho's current promos are gold, freshening up his catchphrase quota with the likes of the gift/list of jericho, stupid idiots and so forth was a good move.
Was genuinely chuckling at the whole sit on your lap exchange.

How was the real wrestling event of last night? that being the Big hoss Table for Three.

WWE 50/50 booked a best of 7 series

I find this hilarious.

Jamie OD

Delightful!

zlNILHm.jpg

All the Irish wrestling talk has been about OTT in Dublin but Celtic Championship Wrestling in Cork is quietly carving out a nice territory too. What helps is the imports they bring in are different from the talent that goes to Dublin. Jimmy Havoc, Paul Robinson, Jody Fleisch, Jack Jestor and Pastor Eaver are all wrestling over there soon and none of them are appearing in OTT from what I know.

Foffy

Banned

They can't even be interesting heels on the WWE roster because it's PG. One of the great things about Karl in NJPW was he often had a cocky "I don't give a fuck" attitude, dropping f-bombs and giving commentary shit. He had an interesting heel persona, as he seemed like he could do full heel or comic heel and it worked either way. Both have flopped hard on Raw.

karlwhat.gif

You will see more personality in this one gif than his entire appearance on WWE programming.

Heroman

Banned
They can't even be interesting heels on the WWE roster because it's PG. One of the great things about Karl in NJPW was he often had a cocky "I don't give a fuck" attitude, dropping f-bombs and giving commentary shit. He had an interesting heel persona, as he seemed like he could do full heel or comic heel and it worked either way. Both have flopped hard on Raw.

karlwhat.gif

You will see more personality in this one gif than his entire appearance on WWE programming.
PG isnt the reason why wwe doesn't have good heels.

It has nothing to do with PG or not. It's just that level of shitty, douchebag doesn't translate that well into the WWE. It's been done already and the only way to make it work is to make it super fresh.

I've said it before, but the WWE's production value can really kill or bring down a wrestlers whole energy. And in this case it's killing off the whole "Cool, badass Club vibe". But there's more to it: shitty theme, shitty wardrobe, terrible feuds.

Which is another point, the tag teams in the WWE just suck for the kind of angle and persona the Bullet Club brought forward. Styles is working so well because Cena is such a heavy face.

Meltzer saying WWE back in TNA running ...

"So… We still don’t have a deal. And time is running out. There’s no money to fund this week’s television and PPV. Um, WWE is back in the picture, which is a really interesting thing because with WWE in the picture, it could be over. And, you know, Dixie could sell to whoever she wants to sell too and I guess it’s become very complicated. Billy Corgan talked to ESPN and said, you know, he wanted to buy it but...and he’s got the money to buy it but its a complicated thing.. and he talked like it’s a deal that would take weeks to put together. And they don’t got weeks. They got like…I talked to somebody there and its essentially.. they got until Friday because that’s the last business day before Sunday. They can’t really, you know, get everything to the bank and get the money in and all that and be ready on a Sunday. It’s just not going to work. So they got a couple days to get this deal done.
Billy Corgan has also said that if he buys the company, he is changing the name of the company which, quite frankly, I would do. Just the feeling, it’s a tainted brand name and it’s just better to start with something else. Um, I would like to give it a little facelifting and get it out of Orlando, but, you know, financially, the last time they got out of Orlando, it cost them so much money that it really wasn’t worth it. And you know, they are really high on the Hardy’s thing. But everyday, you know, there’s talks going on, stuff going on and uh there’s not a lot of time.
If they sell to WWE, they are pretty much done. It’s pretty much it. You know, WWE would buy the tape library and um… there’s so much there because one of the complicated things is all the debt. There’s millions of dollars that there in the hole right now. There’s more in the hole than it would cost to buy the company. So, that make’s it real complicated. There's people who might be willing to buy the company. It’s like if Billy or Aerolux, let’s just say one of them buys it. Well, the other one would have to, you know, buy the company from Dixie for whatever it is but they are also going to have to pay the other one, the money that they put in for all those TV’s, not to mention all the other money for god knows what is still owed… wrestlers that might be behind.. whatever.. there’s so much.. its like.. its not an easy deal. Last week, I was talking to somebody from the outside, and my feeling is because the time situation, that's not happening. That deal is not happening in 4 days. With WWE, that's not as difficult because you’re just selling the tape library. With WWE, everyone would lose their job. Well, not everyone. They would take some wrestlers but the company would be done though."

Browny

Banned
If WWE bought TNA, it wouldn't even be on the main WWE.com page; just a paragraph entry on the corporate side of things.

Browny

Banned
Looking forward to all those documentaries where they talk about the dark days in TNA.

They'll highlight the triple threat matches with Styles, Joe, and... someone else, can't think of his name, ah doesn't matter he doesn't work here anyway.

tumblr_m89793xNcw1rw02a0o1_400.gif

Yeah, the TNA stuff is absolutely worth keeping an eye on

Their TV tapings and PPV are this week and they currently have money for neither of them. I don't think cable companies are even currently accepting preorders for viewing the PPV because right now they don't know for sure it'll even happen

Dave elaborated on it but basically Corgan has enough money he could buy it, but it'd take weeks, and they have until this Friday (at which point they'd miss TV, soooooo

Top Bottom