• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

imBask

Banned
If I had a lot of time I would do a deep analysis of WWE vs TNA over the past 10 years because pound for pound i'm pretty sure TNA was better than WWE for most of those years. that's a shoot brother

Mahonay

Banned
If I had a lot of time I would do a deep analysis of WWE vs TNA over the past 10 years because pound for pound i'm pretty sure TNA was better than WWE for most of those years. that's a shoot brother
It's like comparing to different kinds of diarrhea.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was too tired to even play a grindy JRPG while watching RAW so I browsed the internet and listened to the debate.

Yeah, the TNA stuff is absolutely worth keeping an eye on

Their TV tapings and PPV are this week and they currently have money for neither of them. I don't think cable companies are even currently accepting preorders for viewing the PPV because right now they don't know for sure it'll even happen

Sounds like they have finally reached their breaking point. I have thought that before though.

Kaladin

I skipped Raw and watched the debate last night. It actually delivered on the hype. Trump hit all his catch phrases and Hillary hit all hers while laughing at him and not really taking him seriously. It was an entertaining 2 hours or so.

This is looking bad for TNA, like worse than I can ever remember. Worse than loosing the Spike TV deal.
I've seen or heard of every single step of the whole LOLTNA journey and honestly this sounds and appears as bad as when Jarrett had it

As in this is literally back to day one, Year One type shit where the company had worse than negative cash and barely lasted daily let alone weekly, and needed Carter cash just to survive

Toki767

If Billy really wants to run a wrestling promotion, why wouldn't he just start from scratch rather than taking on all that debt?

I'm sure he already knows the Pop TV people and could negotiate a TV deal.

sora87

Crowd was so rude to Tjp, damn.
Can't believe new day are still champs, it's time to move on. Poor kofi though, his face looked all sorts of fucked up.

If Billy really wants to run a wrestling promotion, why wouldn't he just start from scratch rather than taking on all that debt?

I'm sure he already knows the Pop TV people and could negotiate a TV deal.
He already did do a temporary promotion, it had like one PPV and went under

Mahonay

Banned
Real talk - that debate was a CZ fucking W blood bath
giphy.gif

Sephzilla

The fact that Trump basically admitted to federal tax evasion on a nationally televised Presidential debate fucking astounds me though. Where's this guy when you need him?

IRS-215x300.jpg

Dave elaborated on it but basically Corgan has enough money he could buy it, but it'd take weeks, and they have until this Friday (at which point they'd miss TV, soooooo

Can't Corgan just put in enough money to run the next set of tv for a percentage like aerolux did, while he waits to get the full amount ready?

Kaladin

I've seen or heard of every single step of the whole LOLTNA journey and honestly this sounds and appears as bad as when Jarrett had it

As in this is literally back to day one, Year One type shit where the company had worse than negative cash and barely lasted daily let alone weekly, and needed Carter cash just to survive

That's why it's worse than it ever has been. It may be similar to the Year One issues,but we're in Year Fourteen, and it's more than negative cash, it's millions in debt with multiple debtors on all sides of the business.

Dixie is in a bind where Bound For Glory has to happen either essentially for free, out of the goodness of Billy Corgan's continued financial donations, or from a potential quick sale.

Or she has to sale to WWE and cut the cord......it's bad.

Aiii

So not worth it
Whomever posts the RAW ratings up should post the presidential debate ratings right under it for added effect.
Last night's debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton drew a 46.2 overnight TV rating with a 63 share, up 17% from the Mitt Romney - Barack Obama debate in 2012. This rating covers four broadcast networks and three cable news networks including ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN, FNC and MSNBC. As a comparison point, Super Bowl 50 had a 46.6 rating with a 72 share and drew 111 million people. We'll keep you updated on RAW's rating as details become available.

It'll be brutal.

Trump teasing bringing up Bill Clintons affairs just reminded me of that time Paul Heyman thought saying "MATT HARDY" infront of Edge was some kind of epic shoot.

When he does bring it up I want Hill to oversell it like a champ

8057%20-%20autoplay_gif%20ecw%20edge%20gif%20jonathan_coachman%20maven%20one_night_stand%20robconway%20sunglasses%20wwe.gif

Sephzilla

Trump teasing bringing up Bill Clintons affairs just reminded me of that time Paul Heyman thought saying "MATT HARDY" infront of Edge was some kind of epic shoot.

When he does bring it up I want Hill to oversell it like a champ

I straight up want Trump to bring up Bill & Monica because that's going to back fire on him in such an epic spectacular way.

Kaladin

100 million people heard that Trump doesn't pay taxes and is proud of it.

Why would you bury yourself brother?

100 million people also heard that he will never release his tax forms. He claims he can't because he's being audited, but he also claims he's been audited constantly for the past 15 years so.....yeah. We'll never see those.

Cagey

Banned
CM Punk chants are obnoxious and a sign what sm*rks want most out of pro wrestling live shows isn't pro wrestling like they claim (more high quality matches on free TV than ever!) but to be part of a live group experience where they can all partake in the same in-jokes they make on Reddit. It's just missing someone holding up a Botched Spot comic printed onto posterboard.

That said, the cruiserweights have come off on TV like watching jobber v. jobber exhibition matches. Chants aside, crowds are rightfully bored and uninterested.

I straight up want Trump to bring up Bill & Monica because that's going to back fire on him in such an epic spectacular way.

Yeah. Its going to be so cringe when he finally does go there though.

Its one of those buttons you can only push once and it will more then likely blow up in your face because you just know Hill has been planning and waiting for that for years.

This shit is only going to get dummer.

So Big Dave believes wwe is gearing up to bring Hogan back

?

I AM SHOCKED

Went back to this on Sunday night:

14448999_10206752621000197_2931725056093709269_n.jpg

A few pieces of good action but the most fun is the commentators making up shit during the match. The last few of these have had Sammy Six Guns jr on it and they kept mentioning him as formally in NXT but I didn't remember him. He was really good. A few terrible but fun matches, and a few hilarious gimmicks. Last year they did a 'zombie' show in October that was just fucking nuts.

And YES that ring is on the edge of a stage so 99/100 times, the action only goes out to the sides. Did see a guy take a back body drop over the front hit and he hit the Orchestra pit....scary but he was good after it.

Mahonay

Banned
So Big Dave believes wwe is gearing up to bring Hogan back

Can he return as Lapsed Fan Hogan?
Dude....brother...

How about he comes out with an "I'M WITH HER" shirt on, but then immediately rips it open and it's a "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN TRUMP 2016" shirt underneath. WWE Universe is gonna run wild brother!

Top Bottom