• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

Heroman

Banned
Cesaro and Seamus are now a tag team?
158.gif

klonere

Banned
Steph was studying Dixie YEARS ago for character pointers

CtX0lOLWIAAza4k.jpg:large

He's surprisingly decent, like Umaga light.

Unless I'm mistaking Kongo Kong for the other indie wrestler who's named along.

Yup. He's not amazing or anything, but he's got freakish agility for a guy his size and takes some crazy bumps. Had a great match in IWAMS with Hero last year.

Good good to hear. This tourny is gonna be great.

imBask

Banned
I have no issue with them taking 2 uninteresting characters and matching them together in a tag team. This might actually make Cesaro and Sheamus interesting for once. Get over yourself already with Cesaro, he's never going to be THE GUY so move on

Heroman

Banned
I have no issue with them taking 2 uninteresting characters and matching them together in a tag team. This might actually make Cesaro and Sheamus interesting for once. Get over yourself already with Cesaro, he's never going to be THE GUY so move on
Than why do a best of 7 for a title shot in the first place ? It shit like that is killing WWE.

klonere

Banned

You aren't wrong but as usual the way they are going about it is just the most awful terrible terrible awful forever thing.

Plus the odd couple storyline has been done so much better on Smackdown already.
and neither of them have the charisma of Slater

Kaladin

Now this is interesting:

WWN is very proud that WWN contracted wrestlers Drew Gulak and Tony Nese wrestled on WWE Raw last night in Cruiserweight Division matches. Both Gulak and Nese are now featured on the WWE.com Raw Roster section. This is another step in the building relationship between EVOLVE/WWN and WWE. We are very happy to say that Gulak and Nese will continue to wrestle in EVOLVE while they compete in the WWE Cruiserweight Division. Gulak is set to team with Tracy Williams to challenge EVOLVE Tag Team Champions DUSTIN & Drew Galloway at EVOLVE 70 on October 15th in Orlando, FL. The losing duo can never team again. Tony Nese returns to EVOLVE on November 12th in Queens, NY and November 13th in Joppa, MD.

So are Gulak and Neese completing commitments or is it another new kind of deal where indie wrestlers can appear on Raw now?

Also, it should be noted that Gulak is WWN / Evolve's head trainer when they do tryouts.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
"Bringing back Hogan" almost certainly doesn't mean as an on-air personality.

Now this is interesting:

So are Gulak and Neese completing commitments or is it another new kind of deal where indie wrestlers can appear on Raw now?

Also, it should be noted that Gulak is WWN / Evolve's head trainer when they do tryouts.

It's unclear, but Gran Metalik is signed full-time but still has commitments in Mexico.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Maybe just put back on the website and such?

I believe I've heard them reference Hogan in a wrestling context on air a couple of times already over the past month or two.

I don't think there's a ghost of a chance they're going to put a guy who is on tape saying "I am a racist" and "fucking niggers," on any of their new programming, including WWE Network stuff. There's no actual reason to bring the guy back in, he adds nothing but controversy.

I think it means they'd quietly add him back to the Hall of Fame and promote the older stuff with him in it and acknowledge his accomplishments without having him specifically on to promote it.

He has paid a price for his bigotry. If he is truly contrite he needs to have a one on one conversation with every AA wrestler on the WWE roster and admit and apologize for his bigotry. He needs to detail to them how he is making his life better and how he is educating himself on how to be a better person.

I'm all about forgiveness for anyone who asks for it. It's healthy and necessary, but, if I am going to give him a job again he has to show that he is serious about moving past his racism and how he can use his noteriety and platform to now make things better for people of color.

If he is willing to do these things, and the AA members of the roster are willing to forgive him and work with him, than I really do hope that he comes back because he is a legend and has meant so much to the business. We are losing too many of the greats in recent years and I don't want him to pass away while blackballed from WWE history.

Also, even though the things he said were horrible, I have a bit of compassion due to the recording being made in secret. If someone recorded me in my darkest days, doing and saying some of the things that I did, they may think I was a giant POS as well.

He bankrupted a company on dubious grounds and has a piece of paper saying they owe him $110,000,000.00. I don't think he paid any real price.

Mahonay

Banned
I don't think there's a ghost of a chance they're going to put a guy who is on tape saying "I am a racist" and "fucking niggers," on any of their new programming, including WWE Network stuff. There's no actual reason to bring the guy back in, he adds nothing but controversy.

I think it means they'd quietly add him back to the Hall of Fame and promote the older stuff with him in it and acknowledge his accomplishments without having him specifically on to promote it.
Yeah this is kind of what I'm thinking.

Although for me personally, I'll never doubt WWE to overlook blatant and public acts of racism as they've done it numerous times in the past.

Angry Grimace

Yeah this is kind of what I'm thinking.

Although for me personally, I'll never doubt WWE to overlook blatant and public acts of racism as they've done it numerous times in the past.

WWE is generally quite a bit better about optics than they used to be. I don't think they'd even consider it.

Stephanie's actual non-television job is basically just managing optics.

Angry Grimace

Cody's problem has always been charisma. I don't find anything about him or his characters compelling.

I don't know, charisma isn't just about having a funny character. I can't really understand anything Shinsuke Nakamura says but I see huge star written all over him.

Uggggggh

Is brand the worst buzzword of all time? I know for me, nothing says I'm out of touch with reality more than people who go on about the brand and "we need to promote the brand." Bonus points if you talk about rebranding.

Everything about wwe revolves around "the brand". I don't think people in wall street watch steph go over everyone and think she is a good business person

Cody is boring to look at, just totally generic and lacks the magnetism someone like Shinsuke has and he over acts even for wrasslin's low standards.

Also, fuck those fucks who started up the CM Punk chants last night.

MC Safety

I don't understand the desire for Old Testament wrath against someone who made a mistake.

Hogan said some awful things, but that shouldn't disqualify a person from working again.

And no, Hogan's lawsuit wasn't unfounded. Even celebrities have a reasonable right to privacy.

Now this is interesting:

Apparently WWE is interested in Gulak more as a coach. Which would be great as Gulak is an incredible wrestler, but he's also only 29. Dude has a lot left in the tank

The new Atlas/Big Lads/HOSS division title is pretty dope too

Y2J_3910.jpg

Oh hey, a real title belt. Wish RAW had one of those

Mahonay

Banned
I don't understand the desire for Old Testament wrath against someone who made a mistake.

Hogan said some awful things, but that shouldn't disqualify a person from working again.

And no, Hogan's lawsuit wasn't unfounded. Even celebrities have a reasonable right to privacy.
Fuck Gawker

I'm not saying he can never ben forgiven, but I am saying a publicly traded company has no business putting him back on TV.

Fuck Gawker

I'm not saying he can never ben forgiven, but I am saying a publicly traded company has no business putting him back on TV.

You're right, but they'll do it anyway unless a sponsor complains while they're dipping their toe in the water and seeing whether they can get away with it

When Vince told his kids that he didn't care if what they did was illegal as long as they didn't get caught, that was a shoot

miserable

lol @ people getting triggered by CM Punk chants

"WAAAH WAAAH THEY ARE RUINING MUH SHOW WAAAAAH". get over it, the chants will never stop

Batista-crying-o.gif

Top Bottom