• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

imBask

Banned
lol @ people getting triggered by CM Punk chants

"WAAAH WAAAH THEY ARE RUINING MUH SHOW WAAAAAH". get over it, the chants will never stop

"They should be paying attention to this full 3h show and this boring ass match WAHHHHH STUPID SMARKS STOP IT WAHHHH"

Batista-crying-o.gif

Didn't we all sort of guess that those ads were testing the waters to see how audiences would respond to Hogan?

Given it's a national pastime to forgive celebrities, I predict we see Hogan back on Raw the night after football season is over.

lol @ people getting triggered by CM Punk chants

"WAAAH WAAAH THEY ARE RUINING MUH SHOW WAAAAAH". get over it, the chants will never stop

Batista-crying-o.gif
The reason the chants are particularly stupid from last night are because generally people chant it when there's boring stuff going on in the ring. It's a "fuck you" to Vince (who doesn't actually care) because they don't want to watch bodybuilders who can't wrestle, they want wrestling

They get the most wrestling ass wrestling possible from small guys and they chant CM Punk. You deserve superman Roman, marks

imBask

Banned
The reason the chants are particularly stupid from last night are because generally people chant it when there's boring stuff going on in the ring. It's a "fuck you" to Vince (who doesn't actually care) because they don't want to watch bodybuilders who can't wrestle, they want wrestling

They get the most wrestling ass wrestling possible from small guys and they chant CM Punk. You deserve superman Roman, marks

No one is chanting CM Punk during good matches.

imBask

Banned
When you're a soccer fan and your team is playing like shit, you boo them and you chant mean shit

when you're a hockey fan and your team is playing like shit, you boo them and you chant mean shit

when you're a wrestling fan and the show you paid for is bad, you boo them and you chant mean (CM Punk) shit

Many on this page of this thread are much more of an embarrassment than the chanting fans last night. You appear to have the commutation skills of a fucking goldfish. Please continue to make this thread insular and unwelcoming to people that dont want to share your shallow echo chamber,

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Many on this page of this thread are much more of an embarrassment than the chanting fans last night. You appear to have the commutation skills of a fucking goldfish. Please continue to make this thread insular and unwelcoming to people that dont want to share your shallow echo chamber,

Did I miss something?

Cody is boring to look at, just totally generic and lacks the magnetism someone like Shinsuke has and he over acts even for wrasslin's low standards.

Also, fuck those fucks who started up the CM Punk chants last night.

My issue with Cody is that he's kind of generic looking and acting - see, Sami Zayn is too, but Sami Zayn's also an exceptional worker with a specific character gimmick (and despite Cody's attestations to the contrary, I wouldn't call him an exceptional worker). For the most part these characters need to be larger-than-life to stand out and Cody never did that.

Sephzilla

dnIB4XD.gif

imBask

Banned

why are you vaguebooking? Stand up for yourself and call out names if you're going to complain about something lol

Mahonay

Banned
QsDtx.gif

Heroman

Banned
Shoot?

Happy Birthday!!

Time for the push!! Time to take Blue out for the top spot..
this is my wedding week! No one is getting ovah!

Describes me to a T. Sometimes I still feel like sd is too short but leave it the way it is for the better. Makes wanting to tune in even better.
For some reason the way Rikishi says JIMMY SUPERFLY SNUKA was burned into my head by this promo.
Thanks for reminding me lol.

Anth0ny

cm punk chants are the new boring chants ya fookin m*rks

it's not a big deal. they've been handling the cruiserweights TERRIBLY on the main roster so far.

Kaladin

cm punk chants are the new boring chants ya fookin m*rks

it's not a big deal. they've been handling the cruiserweights TERRIBLY on the main roster so far.

They've thrown them out there and given the people no reason to care about them, of course they're going to be bored.

Sorry to lash out at this thread in the last post...

But it is pretty clear the current level of the WWE fanbase are as much of an issue to the rock bottom state of modern day WWE than managment themselves. The crucial thing is fans can self moderate to be better, and as a result things like last night should not happen.

For me, the chants last night are an issue that should not be dismissed by offhanded comments and stupid gifs. It does not matter the names they chanted, it matters they chose to rebel against something that honestly feels like the sole improvement to a constantly stale company. WWE management are historically very slow to make changes to their product, but are very fast the pull the plug if things are not going how they want. Many have screamed for years that they want change. The Cruiserweights are a small beacon of hope. They will not alter the company has a whole, but they are a small part of the change many are seeking. Not just the wrestlers themselves, the small changes in presentation are important too.

Dont fucking murder something that could be great, and dont dismiss what happened last night as meaningless either.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Automatic Rematch clauses are so bad.

Its stupid to have to blow off a feud on Raw, or see a retread after a title change on another PPV and it never pays off because there's no point in hot-shotting the titles constantly unless you want to make it meaningless. They used to do that shit (win on Sunday, lose on Monday) and it was annoying as fuck. Hell, they haven't done it often even with the mid-card titles in recent years.

ReiGun

They really should have had some Cruiserweight exhibition matches on Raw leading up to the official debut of the division. Take some of the guys you signed, have them come out and have matches with established talent. Generate interest in a way beyond saying "We got the flippyz! They comin'!" every week.

Wagram

Pretty sure there will be fuckery during that Women's Championship match next week which will lead into the belt changing at HIAC. I'm most curious if they actually do it inside HIAC.

It's clearly a way to get riddle the title plus my,dude blaster mcmassive is there

Blaster McMassive looks like he's making a backstage transition.

And Ricochet isn't going to get booked regularly enough for a title run.

It leaves Hero, Sabre, or Riddle as your credible challengers, and you've already seen matches against Thatcher with each guy.

Angry Grimace

They really should have had some Cruiserweight exhibition matches on Raw leading up to the official debut of the division. Take some of the guys you signed, have them come out and have matches with established talent. Generate interest in a way beyond saying "We got the flippyz! They comin'!"

One of the big problems is that as a concept it involves 0% of the existing roster so you have to literally introduce every single person in the division. They haven't even gotten to Jack Gallagher and such, who was already reported as in the division, and I wouldn't be surprised if Gargano and Ciampa end up there too.

Toki767

Part of the issue with the Cruiserweights is that your starting title feud is TJ Perkins vs Brian Kendrick. Both of them can do some really impressive moves, but they don't do them. Instead they're basically wrestling like the rest of the roster.

klonere

Banned
Blaster McMassive looks like he's making a backstage transition.

And Ricochet isn't going to get booked regularly enough for a title run.

It leaves Hero, Sabre, or Riddle as your credible challengers, and you've already seen matches against Thatcher with each guy.

Cody R, Cody R, savior of Evolve.

Hello it's me the only Thatcher fan on the internet.

Ethan Page is bad.

I think Thatcher works in very specific circumstances. Put him against a striker like End, and it could be a dynamic match. Put him against a grappler like Sabre who can challenge his grasp of fundamentals, and it could be good. But put him against a guy like Gulak, and it just doesn't work.

imBask

Banned
Sorry to lash out at this thread in the last post...

But it is pretty clear the current level of the WWE fanbase are as much of an issue to the rock bottom state of modern day WWE than managment themselves. The crucial thing is fans can self moderate to be better, and as a result things like last night should not happen.

For me, the chants last night are an issue that should not be dismissed by offhanded comments and stupid gifs. It does not matter the names they chanted, it matters they chose to rebel against something that honestly feels like the sole improvement to a constantly stale company. WWE management are historically very slow to make changes to their product, but are very fast the pull the plug if things are not going how they want. Many have screamed for years that they want change. The Cruiserweights are a small beacon of hope. They will not alter the company has a whole, but they are a small part of the change many are seeking. Not just the wrestlers themselves, the small changes in presentation are important too.

Dont fucking murder something that could be great, and dont dismiss what happened last night as meaningless either.

I get what you mean and agree with most of it but again, "The Cruiserweights are a small beacon of hope. " is just your opinion. CWC was fun but that's not what we're getting on RAW, we're getting just another random match stuck between 2 boring matches, and if the crowd doesn't want that then more power to them

Top Bottom