• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

Part of the issue with the Cruiserweights is that your starting title feud is TJ Perkins vs Brian Kendrick. Both of them can do some really impressive moves, but they don't do them. Instead they're basically wrestling like the rest of the roster.
Probably asked to tone it down to make Roman look strong dammit!

722e465bde52f40b5da6c48e2dc91ea5.jpg

raw

ReiGun

One of the big problems is that as a concept it involves 0% of the existing roster so you have to literally introduce every single person in the division. They haven't even gotten to Jack Gallagher and such, who was already reported as in the division, and I wouldn't be surprised if Gargano and Ciampa end up there too.

Right. They're treating it like the Women's Division where everyone in it only faces each other, and there's no reason for that. Especially when, like you said, no one knows who these dudes are. The most recognizable star in the division is Brian Kendrick, and - no shade to him - he ain't exactly John Cena.

Spread them out. They can all go for the CW belt, but also be involved in feuds and stories with the rest of the roster. I'd much rather see Gargano and Ciampa go for the tag belts than the CW belt, for example.

MG310

Pretty sure there will be fuckery during that Women's Championship match next week which will lead into the belt changing at HIAC. I'm most curious if they actually do it inside HIAC.

Going with Rusev vs. Roman for the only Hell in a Cell match on the show.

The problem with the CWs is that You have guys like rollins, zayn, balor, styles and,even Cesaro that already work that style.

Introducing a bunch of random guys in an arbitrary division is super dumb.

klonere

Banned
I think Thatcher works in very specific circumstances. Put him against a strike like End, and it could be a dynamic match. Put him against a grappler like Sabre who can challenge his grasp of fundamentals, and it could be good. But put him against a guy like Gulak, and it just doesn't work.

You should try and watch Thatcher/Strong from PWG Thirteen, probably my favorite Thatcher match this year.

Now way WWE lets Evolve put the title on a TNA guy now that they're so close.

Fair enough. He was positioned very strong the shows he was on though.

Caderfix

Is there any kayfabe magic power imbued in the "Asian mist"? I see Taijiri, Muta and Kishin doing it and sometimes it's red, other it's green... Do the mists have different properties or something?

Kaladin

Is there any kayfabe magic power imbued in the "Asian mist"? I see Taijiri, Muta and Kishin doing it and sometimes it's red, other it's green... Do the mists have different properties or something?

According to wikipedia:

Green Mist – The most common mist, which obscures the opponent's vision.
Red Mist – This mist is purported to burn rather than blind.
Black Mist – An even more powerful mist which is purported to severely blind an opponent for a prolonged period of time.
Blue Mist – This mist is used to send an opponent to sleep.
Yellow Mist – This mist is purported to paralyze the opponent.

Yep, although the different properties are often overlooked - but it used to be;

Red Mist burns
Green Mist blinds
Black Mist poisons
Blue Mist paralyses
Yellow Mist KO's

Muta sprayed mist into Yinling The Erotic Terrorist's crotch and she got pregnant

with Akebono

Even back duiring Smackdown in 2003 Cruiserweights were handled better, they actually had entertaining characters like Matt, Rey & Jamie Noble (who's storyline was stolen by Heath) and they interacted with the rest of the roster instead of being in their own, purple lit bubble.

Anth0ny

Green- The commonly used mist which is said to obstruct the opponents vision.

Red- Quite often used but is said to Burn the eyes. Used by Gangrel which was known as Blood Mist.

Black- Said to blind the opponent for several weeks. Tajiri used this on Nidia

Blue- Sends the opponent to sleep.

Yellow- Paralyzes the opponent.

Purple- Cause momentarily distraction and memory loss (once used by Roxxi Laveaux).

So if WWE buys TNA do you think they even mention it on TV or just do a story on WWEdotcom and randomly some TNA stuff will pop up on the network.

Green- The commonly used mist which is said to obstruct the opponents vision.

Red- Quite often used but is said to Burn the eyes. Used by Gangrel which was known as Blood Mist.

Black- Said to blind the opponent for several weeks. Tajiri used this on Nidia

Blue- Sends the opponent to sleep.

Yellow- Paralyzes the opponent.

Purple- Cause momentarily distraction and memory loss (once used by Roxxi Laveaux).

Blue's posts also put people to sleep

So if WWE buys TNA do you think they even mention it on TV or just do a story on WWEdotcom and randomly some TNA stuff will pop up on the network.
I think the latter because it really isn't a hot promotion.

And then they can finally reference where stars like Samoa Joe & AJ Styles were for the past 10 years.

Kaladin

The real question : If WWE buys TNA, will they call them TNA or Total Nonstop Action or Impact Wrestling?

My vote is for the latter.

Cagey

Banned
The problem with the CWs is that You have guys like rollins, zayn, balor, styles and,even Cesaro that already work that style.

Yes, they feel like smaller lamer nobody versions of those established stars.

Pikma

Banned
this is my wedding week! No one is getting ovah!

Describes me to a T. Sometimes I still feel like sd is too short but leave it the way it is for the better. Makes wanting to tune in even better.
Thanks for reminding me lol.
Congrats Bluce! Enjoy it!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's no way they're putting Sasha in Hell in a Cell. There's a reason they don't book many of the usual gimmick matches with the women.

I expect the women to get a headlining spot at a PPV at some point (its great optics and Bayley/Sasha would be over enough to do it), but they're not going to do weapons matches, cage matches or ladder matches with the women.

Nice, congrats!
Thanks scrub.

Congrats Brother Blue!!
So you have the entrance(walking down the aisle theme and dance gimmick(reception) planned out yet?
I plan to walk in to macgo man's theme and remove the garter to val venis' theme. Ooooohhhh yes ladies!

Live by our man's example, get those violinists playing the theme for your special day.
LOL!
Sasha in a HIAC is a bad idea.

Congrats, Bluce! You just know I've got Kane coming in to give a tombstone to the priest and then you.
I'll take it with a damn good smile

yeah its hard to make them stand out when modern wrestling has evolved to where a good amount of your main event/upper mid talent also works flippy dippy MOVEZ style.

The whole point of the CWC was to show that cruisers don't just work one style and they did a great job of establishing it by putting a variety of matches you never see anything like on the main shows. The issues are that they're building the division around one of the most boring competitors in the tournament and it suffers from the same shitty booking that all of RAW suffers from.

Top Bottom