• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should Sony Go Back to the Original PlayStation Colors for the PS6?

Should Sony Go Back to the Original PlayStation Colors for the PS6 Default Color Scheme?

• Modern: Keep the newer black and/or white color schemes of PS2-5

Votes: 78 42.2%
  • Classic: Go back to the original color scheme of the PS1

Votes: 107 57.8%

• Total voters

Celcius

°Temp. member
Modern PlayStation consoles have been releasing with monochromatic colors like black and/or white. However, there have been limited edition anniversary colors released for the PS4 and PS5 consoles. I saw someone ask why they only made such limited quantities of the LE consoles and that made me wonder what most people would prefer for Sony to do for the PS6 - stick with the modern black/white color schemes or go back to the original colors?

960x0.png

vs
11559d479e35789ce9a174b65d56d26c9a0539e5.jpg

Hoddi

I dislike these white/black color schemes in general and prefer to have some colors on my electronics. But what really kills me is manufacturers insisting on making all the cables black when most people have lighter colored walls. Apple figured this out decades ago and it's baffling that nobody else has.

8bitdo also deserves a mention here. They may go hard on nostalgia but their stuff usually looks rather nice. I want good looking furniture and consoles are also furniture.

Last edited:

hinch7

All black or PS grey. Never really did like the white on black color scheme for this gen.

Make it matte as well.. glossy black plastic is the devil and should be banished from console exisitence.

Last edited:

Fess

I didn’t get an anniversary Pro, so yes.
But as Sooner Sooner said they could have the classic color as the standard color for all Pro models.

Killjoy-NL

No.

The Limited Edition is cool looking because it's an anniversary edition, but that's about it.

Last edited:

Alan Wake

Personally I prefer white. I got a white PS4, a white Xbox One, Xbox One S (which was easy) and Xbox One X. So I was pleased when Sony revealed the PS5 was white from the start.

sono

Gold Member
I am not too bothered if it is black or grey, just dont make as huge as the original PS5 please

Last edited:
I’d like something more minimalist and classy like the PS2/PS4

PS5 is a great machine, but it’s kinda ugly

I’d also like the coloured shape icons back on the controller buttons.
tPdNDNn.jpeg

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
I’d love it and I’d buy that version for sure. But everything would have to be themed/be a callback to the original, like with the 30th anniversary edition. If they just push out a grey model I’m not interested:
Playstation-5-De-UHD-2-in-1-ok-fonksiyonlu-konsolu-arj-istasyonu-Ps5-kablosuz-denetleyici-ileti.jpg

I’d rather have black/white than the above.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

The PS2 fat is the best one for me. That shit looked incredible back in the day. I am also fond of the fat ps3 so either scheme would be great for me.

I truly dislike the mostly white scheme, but not enough to give sony more money for plates.

Topher

Gold Member
I think the classic look should be reserved for limited editions. Wouldn't be special if every PlayStation looked like that.

Having said that, they need to change up the color scheme. No more black and white. And for the love of God, get rid of the glossy plastic.

Quantum253

Gold Member
I’d like something more minimalist and classy like the PS2/PS4

PS5 is a great machine, but it’s kinda ugly

I’d also like the coloured shape icons back on the controller buttons.
tPdNDNn.jpeg
I'm a sucker for the PS2 design, color scheme, the whole system. I know there are some custome PS5s/4s with the design, but I'd love a Sony official version

Cakeboxer

Gold Member
- Don't make it an ugly abomination
- Offer much more plates
- Don't charge fucking 60 Euro for some plastic
- Offer special editions without a retarded limitation

Last edited:
Top Bottom