• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should Sony Go Back to the Original PlayStation Colors for the PS6?

Should Sony Go Back to the Original PlayStation Colors for the PS6 Default Color Scheme?

• Modern: Keep the newer black and/or white color schemes of PS2-5

Votes: 78 42.2%
  • Classic: Go back to the original color scheme of the PS1

Votes: 107 57.8%

• Total voters

ZoukGalaxy

No, please no, this old computer grayish is so fugly.
Make it shine with a bluetiful color like the PS4 Pro 500 millions !

n276L3d.jpeg

0PVshk0.jpeg

KBs1tPg.jpeg

yogaflame

With all due respect, why are we talking about ps6? I think its a long way to go, maybe 4 more from now. And ps5 OG is still doing well and for me it is still an impressive hardware.

Three

Gold Member
I think with the availability of plates the colour of the console they launch with is not really as important as the design

Three

Gold Member
With all due respect, why are we talking about ps6? I think its a long way to go, maybe 4 more from now. And ps5 OG is still doing well and for me it is still an impressive hardware.
I've noticed this too. In every Pro thread in the past there was somebody complaining how this gen hasn't got off the ground yet with the base consoles, now everybody is talking about next gen. What gives?

Bond007

No.
As much as I love PSX and its grey look- there are other successful Sony consoles that could tap into. The PSX/PS1 thing has been done enough times already.
Lets give PS2 some love next.

Last edited:
They could but they won't. They know they can cause way more press and hype selling the grey color every generation as a special and ultra-limited one.

angrod14

Fanboys who payed USD 10.000 to scalpers for a Pro Anniversary if Sony does this:

family guy suicide GIF

Last edited:

soulbait

Matte black, so it just disappears in my entertainment center. I don't need my consoles being a conversation piece.

reinking

Gold Member
I would prefer if they go back to the PS2 style theme.

Art Loop GIF by Yizr

Sky Render GIF by Yizr
I would like one of two things. As you said, go back to this for general release and keep the classic color for limited editions. Or the opposite, go to the classic color for general release and go with this color scheme for limited editions. It doesn’t bother me but I believe the all white panels do not work well for the PS5 because it makes it look even larger compared to other consoles.

midnightAI

Make it black and anything different from this God awful design of the ps5.
I think the PS5 design has stood the test of time way more than my Series S. The S is just so damn boring whereas the PS5 I quite like (grown on me more and more over the years) but that limited edition Pro looks awesome. But it's everyone's personal opinion at the end of the day.

Modern PlayStation consoles have been releasing with monochromatic colors like black and/or white. However, there have been limited edition anniversary colors released for the PS4 and PS5 consoles. I saw someone ask why they only made such limited quantities of the LE consoles and that made me wonder what most people would prefer for Sony to do for the PS6 - stick with the modern black/white color schemes or go back to the original colors?

960x0.png

vs
11559d479e35789ce9a174b65d56d26c9a0539e5.jpg

Or a mix of both, I think the black front and line/grill on the side mixed with the PS1 gray panels would look really good together, I am hoping they at least release the PS1 gray panels so I can at least change those on my PS5 Pro

Grey looks shit - and I say that as someone who was absolutely delighted to buy the Playstation (when it was reduced) back in Spring 1997 and loved that console for several years. Keep white or black. Didn’t really get the appeal of the 30th anniversary edition if the Pro - forced to buy the accessories with it and wait two weeks more to get one.

Gojiira

Theres only two correct answers.
Original Gray with coloured Icons
Black with the PS2 coloured Icons.
Only two correct choices.

Kacho

Gold Member
It would appeal to me, so sure. Either that or a PS2 look. Do that and make a smaller device and I'd be more likely to jump in.

j0hnnix

No, please no, this old computer grayish is so fugly.
Make it shine with a bluetiful color like the PS4 Pro 500 millions !

n276L3d.jpeg

0PVshk0.jpeg

KBs1tPg.jpeg
ill take the color and the form factor.. i really do not like how the PS5 looks. Its horrible to lay in my HT Cabinet.

JMRM

Neo Member
Black, but with the 4 colors in the dualsense buttons.
Exactly about the buttons. Why the hell did they remove them? Also made it easier for our brain to identify the correct one if they have a colour

Fake

Gold Member
Exactly about the buttons. Why the hell did they remove them? Also made it easier for our brain to identify the correct one if they have a colour

Yeah. Can't understand why.

I have three dualsenses, the red is pretty beautiful, but without the colors on the button all feel souless.

MrJangles

Neo Member
Unquestionably. The best compliment I can pay the anniversary model is I wouldn't hide it behind my tv. Hell, cram the Ps6's internals into a bigger PS1 unit and be done with it :messenger_sunglasses:

Holammer

I don't do consoles, but the classic PS1 colours are super sexy.
I'd love to get PC cases with oldschool grey/beige instead of fucking black.

El Muerto

What kind of paint did you use? I’m painting my pro ASAP can’t stand white consoles
Found this at an outlet store for cheap so got a couple cans of it. Looks shiny in the sun. Sprayed a couple coats on both the plates and the controller. Probably not the best paint job but looks decent. It isnt real thick like the cheap spray paints.
YM4Kxvz.jpeg

KmZsvIn.png

0xA4pnJ.jpeg
iy4s8NS.jpeg

How about not going back to anything and just keep doing what they do and create something different?

Why would you want to make a new product that looks similar to something you did over 30 years ago?

Top Bottom