• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shovel Knight (PC/WiiU/3DS) Kickstarter by Yacht Club Games [Complete, ~$310K]

It must be awkward to have no backers for the $2,000 sleepover/$5,000 Yacht Party. Four $1,000 directors though!

Me being one of them!

But yeah, I don't understand why some devs put these sorta way too personal tier rewards in there, I guess because there is that outside chance someone has a TON of money burning a hole in their pocket, but at that point, there really is no physical reward that can justify those prices, so it's always some huge trip or something.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Me being one of them!

But yeah, I don't understand why some devs put these sorta way too personal tier rewards in there, I guess because there is that outside chance someone has a TON of money burning a hole in their pocket, but at that point, there really is no physical reward that can justify those prices, so it's always some huge trip or something.

You'd better design the heck out of that Two Best Friends Play stage.

They seem like a fun group to hang out with. If it wasn't a bajillion dollars it'd be worth pledging just to talk about all the great WayForward stories. And creating pixel art with them would be amazing!

Salsa

very cool.

iqgWWld50HMKJ.PNG

cant wait!

Whoa, what caused this crazy surge over the last few days?

Before the weekend it looked like they would barely cross the Mac/Linux stretch goal and now Challenge Mode seems likely.

TreIII

Whoa, what caused this crazy surge over the last few days?

Before the weekend it looked like they would barely cross the Mac/Linux stretch goal and now Challenge Mode seems likely.

Like I said, few things are more interesting to watch than a good kickstarter get nice flux of late arrivals on the hype train.

All I want is Challenge Mode...I can just taste it!

Teppic

Can't believe it has gained so much over the last few days. But I also thought it was weird there was so little interest in this game for so long.

MicH

Just pledged $15. The first Kickstarter project I've ever backed. Feels awesome :D Can't wait to play this game on 3DS :D

It's done! $160,000 OMG.

I never even considered they might take it further than a simple character reskin, but that sounds awesome
Well I would hope that they put the extra $15,000 asked for it to good use.

So far all they've said is that Shovel Knight and Evil Enchantress will be gender swapped and there will be some story differences.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks to Yacht Club Games for finally allowing PayPal donations! Pledged $25 for that glorious art book, instruction booklet and early soundtrack access.

JoeFu

Banned
Well over 160k now! I really want to pledge the 200 to get my face in the game.... as;ldkghjasd;lkfjhasl;gkjhas;lfd

I think this has a good chance to hit 200k. This is crazy! All the youtube stars will probably cause significant bump.

Metallix87

Getting to over $180K would be great, but I honestly don't see the battle mode as enticing enough at $200K. They need to add some more stretch goals of value.

MicH

You can back them for the 3DS version?! How does that work, they send a download code?
Yeah! If you pledge $15 you can choose between a Steam copy, Wii U or 3DS version and they then send out download codes when the game is released :D

They've also said they will end out European codes for Europeans.

I love to see Endless Mode in Shovel Knight. I'm surprised they didn't come up with something like it for a stretch goal. If not this game, then definitely in the sequel.
You could suggest that in the comments! Not to keep bringing it up, but I suggested Ms. Shovel Knight as a stretch goal in one of the early updates before they had stretch goals and viola, here we are. Or, maybe Challenge Mode could already have plans for some sort of Endless stage.

duckroll

You know what would be awesome? A Mr Driller puzzle mode with leaderboards. :p

Probably beyond the scope of this project though!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I'm really hoping for Challenge Mode - this game sounds perfect for that sort of thing.

If the coffee table book was hardcover, I'd be out $300. Thank god it's not.

You know what would be awesome? A Mr Driller puzzle mode with leaderboards. :p

Probably beyond the scope of this project though!

DLC! DLC! DLC!

CDX

http://www.officialnintendomagazine...knight-interview-nintendo-are-indie-friendly/

We've already seen how versatile that eponymous shovel can be in trailers. How many ways can it be used in total?

Sean Velasco: We haven't finished yet, so we can't say for sure! However, the ShovelBlade is quite versatile. You can dig, slash, flip, bounce, reflect, parry, and more! We hope to come up with many other uses during development. Maybe Shovel Knight could use the Shovel as a boomerang, or even a snowboard!

I'm imagining a stage something like this

033543P.gif

except with a knight snowboarding ON A SHOVEL!

That has to be done.

DO IT YCG!

Top Bottom