• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shovel Knight (PC/WiiU/3DS) Kickstarter by Yacht Club Games [Complete, ~$310K]

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
I gave my part, now I just need to figure 3DS or Wii U. I don't mind much for Steam since it's eventually going to be on sale for $1.

Eusis

Carry on, no need to stare. Let's not derail the thread any further. :p
Aww, but those were such amazing last words to highlight!

Seriously though, still kinda on the fence, but I figure if I'm not donating NOW I'm getting at release baring something going horrifically wrong, this looks and sounds fantastic.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet.
DGJvJyc.png

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
After never donating to any Kickstarter of Indiegogo Projects before now, I've now donated to Skullgirls and Shovel Knight, almost in the same month XD

Worthy things to donate to!

I'm so glad to see They made the 300k! WOHOO! A battle mode with all those unique Boss Knights Playable! Calling dibs on Tinker Knight! ;)

It'll be great to see this all come together. It's grown into quite a big game now, and all the alternative gameplay methods and modes will really add something to the overall package. It's like it's gone from a great retro throwback, to now a celebration of all the great additional content that people would always say "was free before DLC!"

Many modern games never get to those points; to make content for fun, that doesn't involve any additional payment. Shovel Knight will now be overflowing with it!

Yeah! Congrats to the team for getting all of their goals fulfilled. I had no idea it would grow this quickly at the end, and from the sounds of the stream, neither did they!

I suspect the extra modes will come out as follows: New Game +, Challenges, Battle Mode, each with a Boss Knight, too.

I'm kinda disappointed that the 3DS version won't have multiplayer. And I can't even get a straight answer from them whether or not they'll make unique 3DS content to make up for it. :/

I'm kinda disappointed that the 3DS version won't have multiplayer. And I can't even get a straight answer from them whether or not they'll make unique 3DS content to make up for it. :/

They responded to you on stream. They said they may add additional content to make up for it or add battle mode against bots. Nothing's guaranteed.

Crocodile

Woah there, the 3DS version was the one I wanted to play. No multiplayer? That may be a dealbreaker (at the very least for kickstarting it).

Woah there, the 3DS version was the one I wanted to play. No multiplayer? That may be a dealbreaker (at the very least for kickstarting it).

Well the other versions only have local multiplayer in the first place for the other versions, so it's kind of expected to me that 3DS wouldn't have the multiplayer. I'm fine with it, I only backed this for the awesome singleplayer in the first place.

They responded to you on stream. They said they may add additional content to make up for it or add battle mode against bots. Nothing's guaranteed.
That's what I mean. "May" is not really definite enough. Charging more for a version that has less content isn't really that appealing.

I just hope they give us a definite answer before we have to choose which version we want.

zroid

Banned
Is it really difficult to implement download play for 3DS games? Come to think of it, I can't think of a single eShop game which has it.

Eusis

Just plunked down $15. Don't know if I'll end up grabbing for Wii U or PC.

Now, we wait...
If I pitch in my plan's to get for Wii U then buy in an indie bundle/Steam sale for the PC version. It's replicating 8-bit NES games (that somehow have parallax scrolling all the time), I want to play it on a Nintendo console, namely one that's housing emulations of those games.

If I pitch in my plan's to get for Wii U then buy in an indie bundle/Steam sale for the PC version. It's replicating 8-bit NES games (that somehow have parallax scrolling all the time), I want to play it on a Nintendo console, namely one that's housing emulations of those games.

That's actually a pretty brilliant point. It'll be a couple of bucks on Steam soon enough and it doesn't hurt that it'll scratch the NES itch. Wii U it is!

Articalys

I just realized that there's going to be five ways to play through the main game. Normal mode, Mrs. Shovel Knight mode, then the three boss characters. That's pretty cool.

@MUWANdo

Banned
If all the bosses are gonna be playable in battle mode then they might as well tack on a last-minute stretch goal to make the remaining bosses playable in the single-player mode.

Top Bottom