• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shovel Knight (PC/WiiU/3DS) Kickstarter by Yacht Club Games [Complete, ~$310K]

I'm still a little in awe at how we were all thinking it wouldn't get past the Mac/Linux goal last week.

Have they said how much they have on the Paypal only side? Just to give a better estimate on how close they are to the new final goal.

I would be very surprised if it made the September deadline. I don't think they were expecting almost quadruple of their initial pledge target.

duckroll

I would be very surprised if it made the September deadline. I don't think they were expecting almost quadruple of their initial pledge target.

As long as the 3 playable boss characters, challenge mode, and 4 player battle mode are free DLC packs, I think they should be able to make 2013 for the base game. I hope anyway.

I'm still a little in awe at how we were all thinking it wouldn't get past the Mac/Linux goal last week.

Have they said how much they have on the Paypal only side? Just to give a better estimate on how close they are to the new final goal.

Last I heard was $3,000, but that was at least 2-3 days ago. It's probably closer to $5,000 now given my made-up-from-thin-air-estimates.

As long as the 3 playable boss characters, challenge mode, and 4 player battle mode are free DLC packs, I think they should be able to make 2013 for the base game. I hope anyway.

That's a good point. I wonder how Nintendo handles DLC in cases like this though, I could imagine that being a hurdle, especially for the 3DS.

serplux

That's a good point. I wonder how Nintendo handles DLC in cases like this though, I could imagine that being a hurdle, especially for the 3DS.

We've had free updates before on the 3DS. I doubt it would be that much of a problem for Nintendo.

I believe Adelman has stated that they're planning to do further improvements to the eShops soon, so we'll see.

Probably the same way Mighty Switch Force did it. You'll just redownload the game again when there is an update.

And Mutant Mudds and Colors! 3D.

Probably the same way Mighty Switch Force did it. You'll just redownload the game again when there is an update.

We've had free updates before on the 3DS. I doubt it would be that much of a problem for Nintendo.

I believe Adelman has stated that they're planning to do further improvements to the eShops soon, so we'll see.

And Mutant Mudds and Colors! 3D.

Mutant Mudds and Mighty Switch Force both had free DLC, didn't they?

Edit: The point, I think it has been made

Ahh, good to know. For some reason I was thinking of the idea someone mentioned itt before, making the DLC free for those who pledged and paid for late adopters. Nvm then.

"Matsumae" in chat just posted this:

shovelknight.png

fucking sweet

thefro

It has gone up about 4k in the last 3 hours, 15k are left, 10 hours to go, Paypal is not counted. I think it will, but it's going to be close.

I believe they're taking Paypal donations until the end of the month (and honoring them as backers), so it should make it through that route if it doesn't hit it tonight.

Come on people ! If you haven't donated yet, please do so ! Every dollar counts. The game looks amazing; let's make it as fully-featured as possible !

Tyrax

Damn you GAF, I saw this on the front page, realized I forgot to back it. Now I'm out another $10.

I should probably finally beat mega man 10 on XBLA as a penance

Yeah, as of around 2:30 PM Central time they were at about $5,000 in Paypal. They're at $293,000 now on KS. So, they're $2,000 away from their $300,000 goal.

dani_dc

It's a bit sad to see no one pledge on the two higher levels, must have caught them off guard that no one was willing to get those.

With that said, the three top pledges would theorically lead to as much as 70 "director for a day" rewards (I'm guessing they didn't think about that aspect when making the higher pledges), which would have took quite some time out of some team members actually working on the game, so I'm glad that no one actually made use of that.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Just under 6K left, with five hours to go. Not counting paypal, though. Someone in here said they had 3K paypal before, which I bet is more now. For all we know they've already hit 300K.

Let's get 100% completion!!!!

[Edit] Oh jeeze in the chat they said like $600 to go, aw yeah we gettin it.

[Edit Edit] Annnnd they did it.

Top Bottom