• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shovel Knight (PC/WiiU/3DS) Kickstarter by Yacht Club Games [Complete, ~$310K]

Aeana

The trailer gave me a Duck Tales x Mega Man vibe, which was all I needed to see before backing. I didn't hear about it until yesterday, so it's definitely not being talked about as much as it should be.

Wow looks really good! A shame it's only at 50k. Reminds me of the Wizards & Warriors games with some Metal Slug mixed in there. Backed!

2/3 of the goal after 1/3 of the time isn't too shabby though :) Although I expected a bigger bump from PAX, the way things are going this should hit at least 100k$.

duckroll

The trailer gave me a Duck Tales x Mega Man vibe, which was all I needed to see before backing. I didn't hear about it until yesterday, so it's definitely not being talked about as much as it should be.

Let's see if the new thread title gets more attention.

5amshift

Banned
Watched this at PAX East and I absolutely loved it. Looks so incredibly close to an NES title and it played just about the same. Kickstarting right now.

redcrayon

It's the first Kickstarter I've ever pledged too as well. I grew up on Duck Tales, Megaman and Castlevania on the NES, this feels tailor-made for me!

4 color rebellion has a cool interview

Over at the Kickstarter campaign you mention that the game might remind people of Mega Man, Castlevania, or Dark Souls, but to me it seems that Duck Tales with a mix of Zelda II would be a better comparison. Care to elaborate on that?

Sure! We’ve heard comparisons to both Duck Tales and Zelda II from lots of Shovel Knight fans. After all, both of those games have a down-thrust as a major mechanic! While we love those games ( Zelda II is a personal favorite ), we also want to echo the perfect platforming of Mega Man, the deliberate pacing and subweapons of Castlevania, and the epic battles, palpable tension, novel approach to death, and character building from Dark Souls. There are some nods to each of these games, but we are focused on making Shovel Knight a unique experience that stands on its own!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone know if that SNES inspired Wii U(pro controller u?) classic controller(the third party one) would work with a PC? Seems perfect for this game.

No PS Vita version?

:(

The title and the Kickstarter are pretty clear, I think?

Shovel Knight is currently announced for (Windows) PC,Wii U and 3DS! After that, the sky's the limit and we want to put Shovel Knight on as many platforms as possible, depending on our time and resources. We all own Vitas, PS3's, and Xboxes, and would love to see Shovel Knight on there too! As soon as we have something to announce, you will be the first to know!!

Yuterald

Whoa, totally forgot about this game. Gotta back this up because I so want to play this! Ex-Wayforward dudes? I'm in. This game and Two Brothers are getting up there as my most wanted titles, as far as indie-like games go.

mclem

Only reason I backed this project:

4qRqilG.jpg

That looks awesome, and I *think* it's only 8 colours. Incredible.

That sounds like too much money now. It should be $10 across the board. Just seems illogical to pay more for a game on an inferior platform, even if the fit is better.

Fair enough. It seems like a lock to be funded runways so I'm sure you will have the chance to buy it upon release! :)

AwShucks

Getting closer and closer. PAX probably helped a bit so I hope the pace doesn't start to die down. I'd hate for this to be one of those projects that gets withing a couple thousand of the goal but doesn't quite get there.

C'mon all you Duck Tales HD fans, pitch in!

That sounds like too much money now. It should be $10 across the board. Just seems illogical to pay more for a game on an inferior platform, even if the fit is better.

They have to pay Nintendo's cut in advance for codes compared to Steam for example which gives them out for free. That's the reason it's 15$ and not 10$.

Top Bottom