• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shovel Knight (PC/WiiU/3DS) Kickstarter by Yacht Club Games [Complete, ~$310K]

Seems a mix of Duck Hunt, Zelda II and Mega Man.
Duck Hunt. Or Duck Tales?

But yeah, it's obviously taking inspiration from the same boring "Top 10 NES Games" list you've seen a thousand times with no variation, but I swear I hear or read somewhere that the base idea of the game pretty much came from an obsession with Zelda II's downthrust attack.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
New bad guy revealed? Propeller Knight
image-231793-full.jpg

Man does Propeller Knight look so badass.

I haven't pledged yet and even though Kickstarter has been letting me down, I might just drop some bucks on this during its final stretch. I can't wait for more baddie reveals.

Okay, I've looped the theme song on the Kickstarter page a hundred times now.

I guess I have to break my stern stance on video game Kickstarters and put some cash down.

Mrbob

I'm glad this thread got bumped. I never would have found out about this kick starter otherwise. Going to back it later tonight when I get home.

Hero

I spent at least a half hour at their booth at PAX chatting up the dev members that were there since I didn't realize they were at the show. The game looks and plays awesome, I hope this gets funded (looks like it'll definitely meet the goal) and then be hugely successful.

Definitely one of my most anticipated games of the year.

Antagon

I don't know why, but those screenshots look like shit. But in motion it looks absolutely fantastic. Not a fan of kickstarter, but big chance that I'm going to pick up a 3DS copy.

Glad this got bumped! I hadn't seen it before, but now I'm in for $10!

Mega Man + Dark Souls... oh yeah.

Edit: just saw the video. Ducktales pogo move? SO IN!

Edit2: Mmm, I would like this on 3DS.... bummer that you can't pledge for an e-shop code. :-/ And I don't want to double-dip. Hmm.

Edit3: Wait I can!! $15 for an e-shop code. I think I shall up my pledge.

Wish I wasn't broke at the moment. This game looks really good, I wouldn't mind playing it on Wii U. That 8 bit styled theme song. Hnng.

mojo2

Neo Member
This looks great, but I'm not crazy about the rewards. I'll wait for it to come to eShop.

I don't mean to attack you or anyone else, but I'm wondering why wouldn't you back it up for $15 so you can get the game when it's done? If you're going to buy it anyways :)

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Nintendo has been getting nothing but shovelware lately eh.

Just kidding, looks insanely good. Can't exactly help right now, but will pick up when opportunity arises.

flowsnake

I don't mean to attack you or anyone else, but I'm wondering why wouldn't you back it up for $15 so you can get the game when it's done? If you're going to buy it anyways :)

Well, why would you? It'll be funded either way, so the only difference seems to be the risk and having to pay in advance.

Amir0x

Banned
I'm not always into the 8-bit nostalgia trips unless it is for very specific send-up reasons (say, Megaman), but I do like the idea behind this. I'll kickstart it

mojo2

Neo Member
Well, why would you? It'll be funded either way, so the only difference seems to be the risk and having to pay in advance.

Of course now that it'll be funded, but I've seen that kind of statements when it was not granted at all - that's why it was not aimed directly at him.

Do any of the tiers give you 2 digital copies of the game? That is what I really want since I want to grab it for 3DS and PC. It appears you can't do it but I was hoping I missed it or was just reading it wrong

Top Bottom