• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shovel Knight (PC/WiiU/3DS) Kickstarter by Yacht Club Games [Complete, ~$310K]

So they just added an option to get 2 copies of the game. You just back at any tier for the first copy and then edit your backing to add another $15 which gets you the second copy of the game.
I'll be doing PC + 3DS.

(you will most likely be paying more to buy the games this way than just buying them at release but I think of this more as trying to help out the developers)

Yay Achievements stretch goal has been reached! C'mon New Game+ !

Also virt is doing a livestream of him making music for Shovel Knight on Friday, 5 pm Pacific Time in case anyone didn't know.

Just found out about this -> SO backing it. Although I want my copy for the 3DS because I can't do platformers on a PC, I need my D-pad. Looks like $15 backing for me!

Teppic

c6af74061883fdcc350e776c86ea5bfa_large.gif

New game plus tomorrow maybe?

duckroll

I wonder what the major announcement is. From the way they're phrasing it, could it be someone well known who has volunteered their talent to the project as a guest of some sort?

I wonder what the major announcement is. From the way they're phrasing it, could it be someone well known who has volunteered their talent to the project as a guest of some sort?

Well the guys at YGC have been announcing some collaborations with other folks who had Kickstarter projects like Story War.

It could be a dream collaboration. Either way, I can't wait.

linko9

That what I assume. Can't imagine what else would cause them to make such a hype-y comment.

I'm digging his sippy cup.

Maybe they are getting a proposition from nintendo/sony/ms. Not sure what it could be, but it seems like it's huge. Maybe larger than the actual game. They make it seem like they got a greenlight to do a new Mega Man.

Whatever it is, I hope it's something that pulls in a big rush of backers for the final week.

HOLY CRAP ON A CRAP CRACKER, THAT'S FREAKING AWESOME!!!

What a dream music team collaboration! I'm so excited for this now than I have ever been before. I can't wait for virt's stream on Friday. UPDATE: I guess I'll tune into Sean's stream of Mega Man later on today.

ShaneB

Just seeing that announcement now. Incredible! Very very tempted to back this. I'm going to buy it anyway it seems, so couldn't hurt to "pre-order"

This needs its own thread, some people might not recognize the name.
Maybe just a compressed title?

"Shovel Knight Kickstarter (PC/WiiU/3DS) - Manami Matsumae (from OG Mega Man) Guest Composing."

Never backed a KS project before. Might back this one for $15 or so to get it for Wii U. Looks fun.
Do it. We need every dollar here for Gender Swap mode.

Nekki

I still very much like this idea, but I'd rather have NG+ instead of achievements. Won't complain since they'll likely achieve NG+ anyway.

duckroll

"Shovel Knight Kickstarter (PC/WiiU/3DS) - Manami Matsumae (from OG Mega Man) Guest Composing."

It's really hard. Even that won't fit. I want to help create more awareness, but this is one hard project to summarize in the thread title! Lol.

I like that title. I agree that it doesn't need another thread...just a title that'll capture attention like the one above.

It's really hard. Even that won't fit. I want to help create more awareness, but this is one hard project to summarize in the thread title! Lol.

Even if you shorten Kickstarter to KS? And also "Mega Man NES" instead of "(from OG Mega Man)"

Top Bottom