• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shovel Knight (PC/WiiU/3DS) Kickstarter by Yacht Club Games [Complete, ~$310K]

MYE

Yacht Club Games is a really horrible name though lol

Sounds like a shitty low budget iOS developer

Yacht Club Games is a really horrible name though lol

Sounds like a shitty low budget iOS developer

Maybe so. But they'll soon be sailing away with all that well-deserved monies. Plus I could picture the guys there wearing polo shirts with croquet mallets in one hand.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder what the major announcement is. From the way they're phrasing it, could it be someone well known who has volunteered their talent to the project as a guest of some sort?
Hahahaha you knew all along you bastard!

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I'm still not quite sold on this project. The only Mega Man game I really liked was 2. I haven't been incredibly impressed with past Wayforward games either.

Sorral

cvxfreak
HOLY FUCKING CRAP
(Today, 06:43 PM)

This.

Had this backed up since it showed up and it just keeps on getting better and better.

Couldn't find a better quality of this, so captured it from the video:
ahEeysu.jpg

Echoes

It feels GREAT to finally be talking about this publicly.

Direct your thanks to cvxfreak; he's the backbone of this collaboration.

Manami finished 3 tracks for several Koopa albums and her compositions are all *amazing*. Such a crime these legends aren't getting new gigs! We gotta change that.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
The two features I wanted most made it in. Wonderful :)

I'm digging his sippy cup.

Maybe they are getting a proposition from nintendo/sony/ms. Not sure what it could be, but it seems like it's huge. Maybe larger than the actual game. They make it seem like they got a greenlight to do a new Mega Man.

Fuck. I was closer than I thought...

Not trying to port beg because I would gladly play this on the 3DS, but is there talk of bringing this to other platforms with extra money? Vita especially, because that is really where I would want to play this game.

Ah, now I see they are willling to bring it to PS3/Vita and more places. I wish these sort of kickstarters would lay those type of things out via stretch goals or something. Maybe I will tweet some of the Sony guys that are pushing the indie stuff to make this happen.

zroid

Banned
Ah, now I see they are willling to bring it to PS3/Vita and more places. I wish these sort of kickstarters would lay those type of things out via stretch goals or something. Maybe I will tweet some of the Sony guys that are pushing the indie stuff to make this happen.

It's probably better this way. The Kickstarter was successful, so inevitably it will get ported to other platforms eventually. Problem with port stretch goals is it creates some expectation that all the versions should come out at the same time, and if they were to try that, the game would just get delayed. Use the KS funds to make a better game, and then use the profits to port it.

Oops! I'll just go back to my Wii U/3DS and be happy then. I guess that's why I shouldn't assume things.

I imagine there will probably be a PS3/Vita version, though! It's just not officially announced. They expressed interest in doing so in their FAQ on Kickstarter and because Sony has really been pushing to get indie games on their systems, I think it'll happen (just maybe not at launch).

It's probably better this way. The Kickstarter was successful, so inevitably it will get ported to other platforms eventually. Problem with port stretch goals is it creates some expectation that all the versions should come out at the same time, and if they were to try that, the game would just get delayed. Use the KS funds to make a better game, and then use the profits to port it.

Yea, I suppose I can live with that. I have no shortage of games as it is. Will hold off a while and wait for a potential Vita version. If after some time they never bring it I will get it on 3DS.

Top Bottom