• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shovel Knight (PC/WiiU/3DS) Kickstarter by Yacht Club Games [Complete, ~$310K]

Dunkelgrau

What are the references to Dark Souls? Because the developers mentioned Dark Souls on Kickstarter.

The gameplay-video is from EpicNameBro, contingency?

Hope this hits the Mac version stretch goal, but if not I'm definitely down for the Wii U version. Awesome that they got the MM1 composer, always loved the music in that game.

I think this could potentially end up better than the DuckTales remake.
I don't think it'll be hard to be better than a game that lasts an hour at its longest.

Not to mention that the Duck Tales remake is being handled by guys who are putting cut-scenes in an NES game to create some crazy new explanation as to why there is a rat on the moon, instead of figuring out what most of us figured out when we were eight through simple context.

Welp, they got my $15. First time ever backing a KS project. Wii U edition, here I come!

By the way, at 108K with 8 days to go, how many more of the stretch goals do we expect to achieve? $115,000 seems a lock, but I think $130K and $145 especially seem a bit too much of a stretch unfortunately.

RM8

I'd like seeing at the very least a mock-up of the 3DS version. All the screens we have seen are rather high-res for 3DS, it'd suck to see the pixel art butchered because of that. I think having a smaller aspect ratio would be the better solution, like with NES to GB ports back in the day.

By the way, at 108K with 8 days to go, how many more of the stretch goals do we expect to achieve? $115,000 seems a lock, but I think $130K and $145 especially seem a bit too much of a stretch unfortunately.
I think they had a nice jump with yesterday's news ($10,000 over the last day, hmm?).

They should hit $130,000 easily at this point, anything after that is a question mark.

If they push hard for the last week, $160,000 is possible, but they need to earn it.

KevinCow

Banned
If it hits the next stretch goal then I'm voting for Polar Knight and I think everyone else should too because he's the coolest.

duckroll

]blacky[;52824309 said:
What are the references to Dark Souls? Because the developers mentioned Dark Souls on Kickstarter.

The gameplay-video is from EpicNameBro, contingency?

There are some enemies which are more than just a movement pattern or a projectile shooter. Like one of the knight enemies in the demo level has a shield, and you have to attack him from where he's not blocking (either from the front or from the top), similar to combat in Zelda 2.

BY2K

Membero Americo
It uses Amazon payments, but it brings me to Amazon.com, not ca.

What do? I wanna give 15$!

New Game Plus+ Unlocked!

Dig dig dig, dig right to new adventures, Shovel Knight! This time he’s broken new ground+. Expect to boot up a new, tougher version of the game after you beat Shovel Knight, keeping all your gear and upgrades! And hey, maybe we’ll squeeze in a few OTHER differences on the new game+ runthrough. Master quest?! Who’s with us!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yachtclubgames/shovel-knight/posts/446940

Virt live stream coming up at the link.

Also, they're doing an Q&A on the Reddit on Monday, for those people.

If they can keep a similar pace going for the final week and hit a good last day spike, Gender Swap Mode could very well happen.

Okay, I see a fatal flaw in their rewards right now, the soundtrack is at the $60 tier.

They really need $20 and $25 tiers that include a digital soundtrack.

Or an option to add $5 or $10 to get it. SOMETHING.

Teppic

Okay, I see a fatal flaw in their rewards right now, the soundtrack is at the $60 tier.

The digital soundtrack will be released as a "pay what you want" after the game is completed.

Kickstarter doesn't allow editing tiers according to YCG.

They are already letting people add $15 to get more copies of the game.

They can do this.

They can do either or:

E7qGBRP.png

Or they could add the soundtrack as an option for 15$. I don't know, seems a bit pointless when the game is already funded and there's an option to get it afterwards.

Teppic

I know, but not having it as part of the Kickstarter to push funding up is mind-boggling.

Especially after the Manami news and Virt livestream.
Might be a bit weird if they add an option to buy it when they already said it's basically going to be free. It would probably have been good for the kickstarter, but is it really what you want? That everyone must pay for the soundtrack?

I'm waiting for the last day to manage my pledge from 15 to 30 for a wiiu and 3ds version. Gonna be part of that final push. All I really wanted was ng+ at this point everything else is gravy

Might be a bit weird if they add an option to buy it when they already said it's basically going to be free. It would probably have been good for the kickstarter, but is it really what you want? That everyone must pay for the soundtrack?
Virt's soundtracks are "pay what you want," not "free."

I just think incorporating that into their Kickstarter could help it out, even if just a little.

BraXzy

We're getting closer to that playable knight. Can't wait for this. I hope it does come out when it is estimated because it'll be a nice addition to my 3DS.

Yacht club was nice enough to send us the PAX Demo, so here's me and my dumb friend's full playthrough of it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=77elof_AZbk&

Came out pretty well!

About 2 minutes in I was like "Jesus, will these guys SHUT. UP!?"

At 4 minutes in, I laughed HARD at the ratcopters/associated comments and quickly regretted ever doubting the commentators. Awesome vid.

My opinion at 4 minutes was further validated around 7 minutes.

Top Bottom