• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 2 PS2 Vs Silent Hill 2 Remake PS5 Graphics Comparison

More games need in-game maps. It's such a boost to immersion.

Y8medP.gif

Pejo

I actually really like the way the combat looks. The melee looks more realistic, but I'd have appreciated more noticeable damage on the enemies. Like they slow down the more beat up they get etc. To be fair to Bloober, I haven't seen many devs actually able to pull off realistic enemy damage and movement pattern changes, so I won't hold it against them. Would have been great for immersion, though.

I appreciate that the gun gets more accurate the longer you hold the aiming pose. Seems less likely that you'll just be able to long range snipe everything which was one of my concerns making it an over-the-shoulder view. The tense gameplay from the original was being forced to fight at semi-close range even with guns since you had the weird 3rd person tank aiming and the forced camera angles that made it really nerve wracking.

Environments are half a step behind in atmosphere, but they did better than the minimum. I expected to see a ton of copy/paste mirrored texture background details, but they actually tried to be respectful of the stuff that was in the PS2 version. Dunno if that will hold up through the whole game, but at least the parts in this vid were decent.

This is probably the first comparison video that paints the game in a favorable light. I still don't like the updated character models, but I'll keep watching impressions videos and stuff.

Reactions: Isa
Top Bottom