• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - a new Mike Judge comedy series - HBO Sundays (S2 full trailer is up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I like the show quite a bit but really feel like they're not using Martin Starr to his full potential

I kind of agree, but his character reminds me a lot of his character Roman on Party Down, which is one of my favorite sitcoms ever, so I enjoy it.

Shaneus

I kind of agree, but his character reminds me a lot of his character Roman on Party Down, which is one of my favorite sitcoms ever, so I enjoy it.
It basically *is* Roman. Hell, this show is very reminiscent of Party Down regardless of his presence IMO. Like some strange middle ground between that and Entourage.

Arcteryx

It basically *is* Roman. Hell, this show is very reminiscent of Party Down regardless of his presence IMO. Like some strange middle ground between that and Entourage.

Yep, the whole basis for the show is pretty similar to Party Down(waiter actors vs startup techies); once you add in the characters it's even more so.

New episode tonight:
Third Party Insourcing

Richard feels threatened when the team hires a hacker; Jared seeks Peter Gregory's signature; Erlich and Dinesh compete for the attention of Gilfoyle's girlfriend; Dinesh faces a sexual dilemma.

I just caught up with all 5 eps. Last week's was definetely the best so far. The streaming issues, the racist jokes, the murals...all good stuff.

Also just read that Christopher Evan Welch died in December :( He's been hilarious on the show so far.

Best episode of the series, though I miss Peter Gregory

Erlich went ham on that kid lol. But it's clear that dinesh/gilfoyle are the show's strongest comedic assets

Helmholtz

That was a great episode. I think it's the first time where everything clicked for me. Which I didn't think I'd be saying because of how much I liked the Peter Gregory character. But this episode just had so many memorable and funny moments.

Linius

This episode was really great. The little Jared moments every now and then were good, poor guy. Especially that "Mr. Car?". Erlich seems to get better as a character with every episode. The swimming pool scene and the one with the kid stood out. Gilfoyle and Dinesh were fucking top this episode. Love their awkward and competing relationship. And I kind of hated how the prodigy kid was acting at first but his mental breakdown made it alright for me.

I would've thought they'd go for having Peter Gregory's character die within the story but I suppose they might be doing that in between season 1 and 2.

Also, I wonder how far off we are from having driverless cars and completely automated... shipping stuff (I can't think of the appropriate word).

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I really enjoyed the Danesh/Gilfoyle and Richard/Erlich stories this week. The way the kid turned out was great and made so much more bloody sense.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
ChickFilA-ChickenSandwich-e1395231520696.jpg

Leunam

He might not die at all. He'll just stay on the island while his other tasks are delegated by people still in Palo Alto.

Definitely the best episode so far, the group chemistry is getting way stronger and that's what I thought was missing the first couple episodes. Even Richard is starting to get less boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom