• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - a new Mike Judge comedy series - HBO Sundays (S2 full trailer is up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bounchfx

just finished the episode, was awesome, came here to read about it, and find out that the actor had apparently died.

Fuck.

:(

big_z

sucks that he's gone, I imagine they would just recast him?

I would imagine so. Maybe have him enthralled with some new plastic surgery thing to explain his different face if they want to make the change a bit smoother. It'll be interesting to see what they do and whos playing the role.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Humor-wise I felt this was the strongest episode so far.

And wow I didn't know the Peter Gregory actor had died at this point already. Wonder how they'll handle that. The scene with him and the Hooli CEO at the restaurant was hilariously awkward.

Humor-wise I felt this was the strongest episode so far.

And wow I didn't know the Peter Gregory actor had died at this point already. Wonder how they'll handle that. The scene with him and the Hooli CEO at the restaurant was hilariously awkward.

Yea, damn, he was my favorite part of the show :(

jett

D-Member
Has HBO said anything about what they're gonna do with the Peter Gregory character? Will he simply return to this home planet?

Has HBO said anything about what they're gonna do with the Peter Gregory character? Will he simply return to this home planet?
I'm not sure how they're going to handle it. Here's a few comments from Judge:
The HBO series got the first five-and-a-half (out of eight) episodes shot before Welch's Dec. 2 passing. There were scenes that he and exec producer Alec Berg had to rewrite, but not enough to change the story. Though Berg pointed out the obvious at HBO's Thursday Television Critics Association panel, saying, “Should there be subsequent seasons … he's a character that we don't have in our arsenal anymore.”

Berg added, “[Welch] was incredible and we loved writing for him.” Judge remembered Welch as the talented guy that they all drove home impersonating after long days shooting. Welch, 48, had lung cancer.

Jim

Now THAT was the type of episode I was hoping for when deciding to watch the show. Great stuff.

kingocfs

I was watching The Master the other night and had forgotten that he was in that. He looked a lot different, definitely lost some major weight and now I know why. :-/

Latest episode was great! Although I was slightly bothered at how Jared seems to be conflating scrum and task management. And I was expecting they'd use something like Pivotal Tracker instead of a whiteboard to do their task management.

They should just make him have a competing Hologram tech but instead of a projection of himself, make a creepy cg version that doesn't quite look right so it matches the malfunctioning one the Hooli people have.

NYR

They should re cast and say he got plastic surgery so he wouldn't awkwardly run into the other billionaire again...

RangersFan

This show isn't great and isn't bad. I love Mike Judge and will continue to watch but there isn't anything special about this show.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This show isn't great and isn't bad. I love Mike Judge and will continue to watch but there isn't anything special about this show.
That's sort of how I feel about it.

It feels like a more specific, raunchier version of The Big Bang Theory. You even have the nerdy guy hooking up with the sociable hot girl while his sidekicks look on.

Rommel

I like SV but I have to admit I liked Betas more. But since Betas was cancelled this is my show I guess. Love anything that has to do with startups

reKon

Banned
last episode was definitely the funniest. I continue watching this show because it does have a good plot and some great characters. They have a lot of flexibility with what they can do. They need to continue to make it fresh

Agreed. Latest episode has been the strongest so far. I still hate the main character though. I can see the show going downhill if it tries to focus on him solely. The entire group makes for a more entertaining watch. Even Big Head has more character than Richard.

The "wall of psych 101, MBA mind control bullshit" line got me. Fell right in line with what I thought of Scrum when first introduced to it.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
the fat curly haired stoner is becoming one of the standouts. No wait, the sys admin and the 'latino' guy are amazing together as well.

that mural, my god, it was so obsurdly graphic and hilarious.

Well that is what i call funny. Best episode of the season. From racist jokes to this amazing mural. Also i feel like this episode Richard started to feel more human.
Do you think they'll go with "will they-won't they" route with him and Monica? It might actually work here.

I guess I'm opposite everyone else this week. Besides the Malfoy and Kumail stuff I thought the episode was kind of meh. "Can we please go out together?"

ronito

Having been part of Silicon valley and having met/hung out with many start up types and corporate executives I have to say this show is hilarious....and painful to watch. It's funny but the 'too true' parts hit way too close to home. It wont unseat GoT but this is my second favorite show right now.

Linius

This was easily the best episode yet for me. Had some good laughs over it and none of the characters were annoying to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom