• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - a new Mike Judge comedy series - HBO Sundays (S2 full trailer is up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
8P9wz8L.gif

i7xzOZg.gif

see5harp

Pakistani Denzel was fucking hilarious but time and time again it's like the same bits from the awful Betas is played out here. I get the situational stuff with roommates and the tech industry are going to be the same but Jared was singing Christopher Cross. That was literally the first or second joke of Betas.

Edited. Sorry I had no idea that paki was a slur.

Paki Denzel was fucking hilarious but time and time again it's like the same bits from the awful Betas is played out here. I get the situational stuff with roommates and the tech industry are going to be the same but Jared was singing Christopher Cross. That was literally the first or second joke of Betas.

Um... It might not be such a good idea to use "Paki" because it is a racial slur.

Pixels

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. First the mural at hooli and then the kid getting slapped oh my god LOL

Leunam

This show somehow keeps getting funnier every episode. I now have an even bigger crush on the ATT commercial girl. Thanks Silicon Valley.

Holy crap that's her? I knew she looked familiar.

And Zach Woods is awesome in this. He's great in the small bits on Veep but he can clearly hold his own here. Loved it when he disgusted himself with his own joke.

Tenks

This show is amazing. I generally don't get into sitcoms that much but Mike Judge is so damn good at making characters.

Game of Thrones
Silicon Valley
Mad Men

What a time to be alive on Sunday evenings

JCreasy

This show somehow keeps getting funnier every episode. I now have an even bigger crush on the ATT commercial girl. Thanks Silicon Valley.

OMG that WAS her!

I thought about it for half a second but this girl looked thick. So I thought there was no way. AT&T girl looks bony as hell.

Damn character actors. They get me every time.

OMG that WAS her!

I thought about it for half a second but this girl looked thick. So I thought there was no way. AT&T girl looks bony as hell.

Damn character actors. They get me every time.

It took me about 5 minutes of pausing it and staring while thinking about it, then I finally just went and looked it up.

Suzaku

I was on the fence about this show, but I stuck through and I feel like it's really starting to hit its stride. The bearded guy who slaps the kid for addy is the best.

Shaneus

Anyone listen to his podcast The Indoor Kids?
Always known about it (at least, for a while) but never made the effort to check it out. I guess I should, then? Any particular standout guests/episodes?

Actually, I suspect I've listened to one or two, if perhaps there has been either a significant TV/gaming celebrity. Possibly Dan Harmon? Or Tim Schafer?

Vyer

Episode was great. Kid slap, Chikfila Satan meeting, Denzel conversation all killed me.

AT&T woman is cute as hell.

Automatic car stuff was truly terrifying.

This show just keeps getting stronger.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Erlich is awesome. Really the standout character in my opinion.

And everyone was hating on him at first.

I agree that the show is really starting to gel, it just gets better and better. Glad it was renewed for another season already.

Juz

And everyone was hating on him at first.

I agree that the show is really starting to gel, it just gets better and better. Glad it was renewed for another season already.

I thought people were mostly complaining about Richard though?

Fey

Banned
I stuck with the show even though didn't think it was that great and was thinking of stopping, but still watched the last episode ... and it has won me over. Really loving the show now. The Elrich/kid scene was hilarious.

I really like the Social Network-esque music, too. The track playing during episode 4's (I think) credits was soooo good.

I stuck with the show even though didn't think it was that great and was thinking of stopping, but still watched the last episode ... and it has won me over. Really loving the show now. The Elrich/kid scene was hilarious.

I really like the Social Network-esque music, too. The track playing during episode 4's (I think) credits was soooo good.

Google Ratatat 'Party and Bullshit'. It's in instrumental of a remix of biggie.

Intro song is Tobacco aka Tom Fecaka Black Moth Super Rainbow.

The music supervision is incredible. Great artists.

I'm liking the show, it feels like its finding its feet now. The first few were boring to me, because it was more emphasized on observation rather than humour on a subject i'm pretty knowledgeable on. I will maintain that the lead character is pretty pathetically written, and is getting overshadowed by the supporting cast.

Leunam

I will maintain that the lead character is pretty pathetically written, and is getting overshadowed by the supporting cast.

I like the guy but I kind of agree. Maybe it's just because he needs to be the main character and therefore needs to be a little more grounded. Barring the hilarious panic attacks, I mean.

The preview gives me hope though.

Mifune

Mehmber
Weakest episode so far. Felt like a different show.

It was still funny but very broad and slapstick. I love the storytelling on this show and this episode was really weak in that department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom