• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - a new Mike Judge comedy series - HBO Sundays (S2 full trailer is up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairhome

Great joke in that finale promo!
"I've died and gone to hell" "what?" "he's a satanist"

I feel like these last two eps have been great. I liked the first few episodes but they seemed less accessible (to non-techies) than these last two. Lots of big laughs from me and the wife on these last two. Can't wait for the finale!

Jim

SV and Brooklyn 99 are my favorite comedies on TV right now.

After the season finale on 6/1 (no episode next Sunday due to Memorial Day), sucks we'll have to wait a while for new episodes of both.

chris121580

Episode was so good. Show has really hit its stride. Is the Alec Berg affiliated with this show the same one who worked on Seinfeld?

TripOpt55

Wow... didn't realize there was only one left. Great episode this week. Particularly loved how the one guy was turned on by the other dude's code.

GWX

Awesome episode. The panic attack doctor left me in tears :lol. Also, the ending's song was right on the money.

Vyer

Promo looks good.
holy hell what's happening to Jared. He looked bad this episode but he looks like a walking dead extra in that clip.

Promo looks good.
holy hell what's happening to Jared. He looked bad this episode but he looks like a walking dead extra in that clip.

Probably the lack of sleep. I think he mentioned this at some point earlier in the show.
Also, Zack Woods is fucking great.

Looking for a new show since I'm caught up with Veep. Should I watch this? I enjoy most of HBOs stuff.
Like many comedies, it's a bit of an uneven start, but once it gets going it's been very funny. It's somewhat similar to Veep in tone, but also feels like a Mike Judge project.

Helmholtz

Man, it's really weird that next episode is the finale. I mean it feels like we're barely even halfway through the season at this point; not much has happened plot wise.

Man, it's really weird that next episode is the finale. I mean it feels like we're barely even halfway through the season at this point; not much has happened plot wise.
It feels like an appropriate moment for it given the short season, but it's tough to stomach because the show has good momentum right now and there's a two week gap before the finale.

I've been enjoying this show since the start, but the last few episodes have been the funniest ones. I'm disappointed we're at the finale, but at least we're getting season two.

Leunam

Speaking of that, I'm amazed the stage crew completely went along with Erlichs demands for lighting and sound. Got a good laugh out of me.

Shaneus

Speaking of that, I'm amazed the stage crew completely went along with Erlichs demands for lighting and sound. Got a good laugh out of me.
That got me too, I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned in here more. The moment the lights came on, I was simultaneously "holy fuck" and laughter.

Do we think we know what happens next episode? I'm thinking it'll start with a post-event hangover, find out that Hooli's algorithm crashes and burns and because Pied Piper showed theirs first, gets heaped with praise. Big Head gets some kind of promotion at Hooli.

Helmholtz

Yeah, I was so psyched to see that. Was laughing way harder at the intro to the presentation than when he was jumped, it killed a great moment I think.
Agreed. I loved the idea that he was going to deliver a crazy over the top presentation with all the bells and whistles. The beginning was hilarious.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

That's like half of why I was laughing so hard at the end. His entire outfit and the presentation itself was the other half.

Thinking of buying a Hooli shirt to wear ironically.

Shaneus

Agreed. I loved the idea that he was going to deliver a crazy over the top presentation with all the bells and whistles. The beginning was hilarious.
If they'd rolled the credits right before he got jumped but after you saw the lights and whole speech setup, it would've been perfect. Then next episode, flashback to him getting rolled.

You sure you didn't mean to post this in the Community series thread?

What? Community is the artistic pinnacle of humanity. Everything we've been doing as a species was leading to the creation of such a masterpiece. The fact that NBC cancelled it is a crime on the level of crucifying Jesus Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom