• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

TeddyBoy

I stopped playing Tapped Out a week or so ago, I've just found this event so boring to play since the prizes involved just seem really poor. I liked Tapped Out since I can build a lifelike town but after a week of the event I had made a castle I was happy with and I felt no need to build other ones for the cardboard and recycled castle.

I'm hoping the Halloween event is good enough to get me to play again.

Hellers

Once you did the quests the only way to get extra carboard and recycled bits was with doughnuts I think. Which is a shame

Leonsito

Great, I start the game, a new dialog starts to play, I tap to pass the bubbles and... blam, i bought some throne for 200 or so donuts, not even a fucking confirm dialog, fuck, I'm done with this shitty game.

TeddyBoy

Great, I start the game, a new dialog starts to play, I tap to pass the bubbles and... blam, i bought some throne for 200 or so donuts, not even a fucking confirm dialog, fuck, I'm done with this shitty game.

When they update the game sometimes it resets the confirm button, try calling EA and say the confirm button was reset and hopefully you'll get a nice person on the other end of the phone who can reset your game to before you bought the throne :)

UberTag

When they update the game sometimes it resets the confirm button, try calling EA and say the confirm button was reset and hopefully you'll get a nice person on the other end of the phone who can reset your game to before you bought the throne :)
I can vouch for the fact that this was NOT a case of the confirm button being reset. I know because I consciously purchased the throne for 200 donuts (with no confirmation prompt). And then purchased something else with donuts immediately afterwards (which DID prompt me for confirmation).

This was simply a case of EA being greedy and trying to get people to accidentally buy something which bypassed any and all confirmation checks. Leonsito has a right to be pissed.

Leonsito

I can vouch for the fact that this was NOT a case of the confirm button being reset. I know because I consciously purchased the throne for 200 donuts (with no confirmation prompt). And then purchased something else with donuts immediately afterwards (which DID prompt me for confirmation).

This was simply a case of EA being greedy and trying to get people to accidentally buy something which bypassed any and all confirmation checks. Leonsito has a right to be pissed.

Yeah, I had the confirm button activated, I checked it, it's just a case of EA putting the purchase button when the users click when they skip dialogs.

I remember reading some articles about studies on games that put the F2P buy buttons in the places the people will touch more, to incentivate accidental purchases and generate more revenue. This sucks, a lot.

TeddyBoy

Yeah, I had the confirm button activated, I checked it, it's just a case of EA putting the purchase button when the users click when they skip dialogs.

I remember reading some articles about studies on games that put the F2P buy buttons in the places the people will touch more, to incentivate accidental purchases and generate more revenue. This sucks, a lot.

In that case that's awful from EA, hard luck with the purchase Lesonito :/

This year's Treehouse of Horror event kicks off next Tuesday.

ha, yeah right.

you know it'll start with "build this building for 24 hours before anything happens"

Family Guy have thrown down the gauntlet. Halloween event starts sometime today and is Ghostbusters themed.

I'm loving it so far. Family Guy really is a joy to play and Tapped Out feels like a chore...primarily because of each games' tap priority which I've posted about before. Family Guy tap priority is on un-popped buildings/characters, while Tapped Out tap priority is on already popped currency. Plus with the Clash of Clones event you have to make extra taps to destroy the shields on your buildings. UGH. yeah I barely play Tapped Out anymore. But I'll hit the Halloween event pretty hard when it finally starts.

While this is true, it's not the case with Shadow Knight. Same with the golden mansion. These special limited deals have no confirm button and it's easy to make an accidental purchase. Luckily EA Support has been fantastic in my experience and will most certainly refund you the donuts if you submit a ticket to them.

Quest for Stuff might be too greedy at times and make some missteps but they're certainly piling on the content lately. Does anyone fancy doing an OT for it? From the Facebook page they seem to be hinting at some upcoming Ghostbusters content.
hmmm sure I would be into working on a Family Guy OT....or we can just keep talking about it here. What do you guys think?

Hellers

I bought a couple of those chained up nerds. Not the ones for doughnuts though. Not really keen on the visuals. I'd like the Black Knight but it's too expensive for my tastes. If I'm paying 200 doughnuts for a character skin I want a building to go with it.

Does anyone know what time the Halloween event starts tomorrow? The sites I frequent haven't even managed to get any spoilers yet. I wonder what the theme is. It'l be my first halloween event since I started playing.

The Family Guy event seems to be following a similar structure to the Comic Con event with new stuff becoming available every week. The only bit I don't like it having to find slimer within two minutes. He can hide behind buildings and you don't even get an indication if he's actually present at any given time. Just a message when he leaves. Hopefully we'll get a Bill Murray character before it ends :)

Given what we know about the Treehouse of Horror special this season, I'm going to bet that we get costumes for the family based on the designs from the Tracy Ullman shorts.

Hellers

I think I'd like that. It'd certainly be different.

I'm wanting to nuke my Springfield and start again but bleh. I know I'll be much happier once I do it but it just takes so long :)

I think I'd like that. It'd certainly be different.

I'm wanting to nuke my Springfield and start again but bleh. I know I'll be much happier once I do it but it just takes so long :)

Do it, mate! I was hesitant myselft but once I blew it all up, lots of fun building a new Springfield followed.
And what can I say? My new town is...

tumblr_msfbdiahbl1szspk7o1_500.gif

It helps to have some spare cash to buy lots of decorative items. My Tree-Hugging rating should be beyond measurable parameters now. Here's hoping there's never gonna be a wildfire event. :p

Hellers

I daren't at the moment with Halloween starting today. Maybe once the event settles down into a routine I'll be able to find time. If not afterwards. I have a pretty good Springfield at the moment but I have some ideas about what I want to do differently. I'm not looking forward to rebuilding my castle though. That was hard to slot together

I daren't at the moment with Halloween starting today. Maybe once the event settles down into a routine I'll be able to find time. If not afterwards. I have a pretty good Springfield at the moment but I have some ideas about what I want to do differently. I'm not looking forward to rebuilding my castle though. That was hard to slot together

Yeah, the event might be a bad time to reset your city, indeed.
I used to write (kind of) three dimensional messages with wire fences. It was a lot of work and I didn't do it again after the reset, so I can relate to the hassle of rebuilding stuff that took effort to create. :)

Hellers

I'm very pleased. I didn't start playing until after last year's halloween and I don't mind paying for most of those decorations. I get jealous when I see them in other people's Springfield.

I've cleared a nice large spot of land for them (Although I may need to buy more). Can't wait until it goes live.

JoeM86

To be honest, I think I'm going to close up my castles and just use that area for the halloween stuff. Forget this event ever happened.

Though I may keep the box one, since that existed in an episode.

Hellers

I took one for the team and accelerated the first building and two quests (8 hours for the building and two 8 hour quests). Here are some spoilers.

Multiple things to do. Squish baby aliens to collect probes. Probes give prizes at certain amounts. You can spend doughnuts on an item that give you extra probes for squishing. Sending kids trick or treating gives bags. That's the crafting material for stuff like the haunted house and Hugo. You can squish aliens in friends towns and also shoot down ufos in friends towns if you have ammo which you get from bags. After a few more very short quests you can buy the laser gun with doughnuts. This gives you Kodos. By the look of things it's going to mirror the Family Guy method and unlock new things every week.
The stargate gives you extra aliens to squish every 8 hours.

I like it. It's updated for me on Android by not iOS yet. Lovely haze to the visuals. Make sure you have sound on when you start the update.

Hellers

If you're on iOS and it's not available to update apparently you need to delete and reinstall. Just trying that now on my iPad

Looking good so far, although I don't see any way to buy some of the old Halloween premium items yet- no Atomic Collider or House of Evil for me.

The teleporters you can buy are cool- set them at opposite ends of your town, and you can get across town instantly.

I really like that they're having three different types of prize board swapping in and out over the course of the event, but I'd have liked it if they'd have kept it a secret as to the prizes we're able to get with the Rayguns and the Long Protein Strings. I really want the Burns costume from The Springfield Files, but I'd have liked it even more had it been a surprise for when the LPS part of the event had started.

If you're on iOS and it's not available to update apparently you need to delete and reinstall. Just trying that now on my iPad

That's what I had to do, yeah. Takes a while to redownload everything, but it's working fine now.

UberTag

To be honest, I think I'm going to close up my castles and just use that area for the halloween stuff. Forget this event ever happened.

Though I may keep the box one, since that existed in an episode.
Still a pretty forgettable episode. And it's not like I have space in my Simpsons backyard for it anyhow.
All my castles are now in storage. Have lots of space to play with for Halloween goodies.

Whoa, I didn't expect the event to start before midnight (10pm here), my chars are still on a job. :/

I really like the re-organised shop! It's much easier now to find items without having to scroll through the whole list, which became quite bloated since release.

And a big "Cheers!" to the fellow GAFiosi who added me!

Labf111.jpg

Gotta love alien squishing. Looks like you can only squish your friends' aliens three times per 24 hours?

Forgot to mention, my wife plays the game too and is looking for friends. Name: maejae202

Won

Hmm, will be interesting to see how quick/slow you get through the rewards here. With the Ray Gun, Stargate, Hunting License and higher gold bag chance for premium characters there seem to be more "P2W" hooks than during the last events.

Event's off to a nice start. Hoping I can keep checking in; I lost momentum/interest with the last two events!

Hoagmaster23 is my ID. Sent a few requests to previous people who posted as well!

TeddyBoy

I've added all the recent posters :)

The new event has gotten me back into the game again, the new reward system will hopefully keep me entertained more than Clash of Clones.

Vyer

Usually I'm wanting to hold off on an update to get something from the last event.

This time I was just 'meh', and rushed to Halloween.

Top Bottom