• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

TeddyBoy

Does anyone know what the benefit is to upgrading your weapon? Also how long does it take to get a full load of Rigelians. I only just made the doughnut torture device on time and I want to get ahead as quickly as possible for this lot.

Upgrading your weapon means your tapped radius when tapping Rigelians increases (not very much but nails don't seem to be used for anything else).

A Rigelian will spawn every five minutes until you hit 50 Rigelians in your town, so you'll hit the maximum amount of Rigelians every 4 hours 5 minutes.

Hellers

Thank you sir. I did wonder how some people got the rewards so quickly. Now I see. I need to get tapping on my lunch breaks :)

TeddyBoy

Thank you sir. I did wonder how some people got the rewards so quickly. Now I see. I need to get tapping on my lunch breaks :)

Haha it's no issue :)

I only seem to get two Ray Guns for tapping Rigellians instead of the three Probes we used to get, it'll make getting the hover copter a bit of a challenge.

jred2k

Haha it's no issue :)

I only seem to get two Ray Guns for tapping Rigellians instead of the three Probes we used to get, it'll make getting the hover copter a bit of a challenge.

You only get two guns, but the prize requirements are also lower. Here is a daily target calendar from reddit I've found helpful to make sure I stay on track.

Raygun Phase {592 a day}
20th - 592
21st - 1,184
22nd - 1,776
23rd - 2,368
24th - 2,960 (Bulldozer-saurus unlocks at 2,825)
25th - 3,552
26th - 4,144
27th - 4,736
28th - 5,328
29th - 5,920
30th - 6,512
31st - 7,100 (Hover-Copter unlocks)

Protein Strand Phase {1,242 a day}
1st - 1,242
2nd - 2,484
3rd - 3,726
4th - 4,968
5th - 6,210 (Diet Sign unlocks at 6,000)
6th - 7,452
7th - 8,694
8th - 9,936
9th - 11,178
10th - 12,420
11th - 13,662
12th - 14,900 (U.B.O. unlocks)

UberTag

Anyone missing the THOH event item portion of their build menu?
Mine no longer appears to be showing up (on Android).
The only event items making an appearance in the generic menu are the Tentacle Tree and the Portal to Rigel 7. That's it.

Glad to see that the Rigellian Hunting License applies to all three phases! Still getting two event items from squishing aliens in friends' towns.

That said, phase two prizes are dull. Alien bulldozer and hovercraft? Who was even asking for this? Bring on alien Burns in phase three!

Hellers

I like the look of the bulldozer. Not fussed about the chopper though.

Tonight I shot down a UFO and got 30 doughnuts. I was well chuffed.

krae_man

I wouldn't worry too much. About 75% of my missiles just result in bronze treat bags.

That's exactly what I'm worried about. That and the straight crafting items.

Something similar happened during easter. The currency was based on using gift baskets and they were broken preventing proper currency generation preventing a decent chance of collecting everything.

UberTag

RAYGUN COLLECTION CALENDAR

raygun-calendar.png

Hey all if any one would like to add me to their Simpson Tapped out friends list, please add me, my username is flamesofchaos86 . I'm rather active with playing the game and I play once a day or every other day. My friends list in the game is rather empty so I don't mind any friend adds.

Hellers

Start adding some people from the first post in the thread. The list is a bit old now but a lot of us will friend you no problem.

TeddyBoy

From the list in the OP:

lukejspicer
massproduction
socialstrain
SuperHALFBEAST
SuperMayor99

Have not started the Halloween update, there may be a few more people who haven't but I don't have them all on my friends list. We can remove these guys from the list at least.

Can people please say if we're allowed to add their origin names to the OP?

Hellers

I think it's a good time for a fresh list if someone could update the OP.

My origin name is Mightyflub. I have plenty of space in my friends list and even more when I clearout the people who aren't playing any more. Feel free to add me.

TeddyBoy

Hey all if any one would like to add me to their Simpson Tapped out friends list, please add me, my username is flamesofchaos86 . I'm rather active with playing the game and I play once a day or every other day. My friends list in the game is rather empty so I don't mind any friend adds.

Added! :)

My origin name is Mightyflub. I have plenty of space in my friends list and even more when I clearout the people who aren't playing any more. Feel free to add me.

Agreed!

My origin name is Kobolt_Mustard but most of you guys already have me here :)

Agreed.

I'm in the OP already, but my username is: vinceswall87

Playing every day still so go ahead and add me.

krae_man

When I get home. Also new level update!

Huh, it didn't decrease the amount of xp I need to bonus level. In fact I think it went up. I need 1.5 million.

Decided to build the spooky house before the great pumpkin as I think it looks cooler.

Chocolate was the only overlapping crafting matetial and it also seems to be the hardest to get.

And of course I have no money since I just passed 10 mil and bought that last aspirational.

UberTag

I feel silly. I'm literally keeping a handful of characters off task JUST so aliens can hop on their faces while they walk around town.

To be specific, those characters are Snake, Skinner, Patty, Selma, Cletus, Luigi, Sea Captain and Willie.

Because what's the point of having a special event like this if you stick all of these guys on indoor tasks where that can't happen. And they don't have walking tasks where that can happen while they're making me money (like all of the other characters who can have aliens hop on their faces).

JoeM86

I feel silly. I'm literally keeping a handful of characters off task JUST so aliens can hop on their faces while they walk around town.

To be specific, those characters are Snake, Skinner, Patty, Selma, Cletus, Luigi, Sea Captain and Willie.

Because what's the point of having a special event like this if you stick all of these guys on indoor tasks where that can't happen. And they don't have walking tasks where that can happen while they're making me money (like all of the other characters who can have aliens hop on their faces).

I've given up setting characters on tasks until I need money anyway. Takes like 10 minutes to put all the characters on tasks. Nuts to that.

UberTag

I've given up setting characters on tasks until I need money anyway. Takes like 10 minutes to put all the characters on tasks. Nuts to that.
I've still got plenty of land to buy and 28 million dollars in aspirational buildings/items to purchase so, needless to say, I've got to keep these minions earning their keep.

I was making so much progress towards the 50-foot Magnifying Glass, too... was over halfway there and everything. <sigh> <ponies up 1.2 million for the Classy Girls Strip Club>
FYI, Greta can join our legion of trick-or-treating tots to grind those treat bags even quicker (albeit she does it from the Kwik-E-Mart).

jred2k

I jumped back in to this game about 2 months ago after not having played it for a year so I'm constantly just making enough to buy unlocked buildings. I can't wait to hit the level cap so I can build up my reserves a bit.

I upgraded my Blue House farm to a more space-economical White House farm.
Still doesn't bring in nearly enough.

Which is more efficient to make money the fastest? Can't check my game here at work.

I have 5 mil to burn but need 20+mil for aspirational buildings. I wouldn't mind blowing the existing money if it'll get me to 20mil faster.

UberTag

Which is more efficient to make money the fastest? Can't check my game here at work.
Blue houses make $150 every 8 hours.
White houses make $200 every 12 hours.
Clearly blue houses are more profitable independently (in addition to costing less money up front).

However, you can fit 6 white houses into the same land area as 4 blue houses. So on a per capita basis, white houses will generate more income... especially if you're only hopping into town twice a day as I often am during the week. Which is the main reason I started with a blue farm first and then switched them out for whites afterwards.

krae_man

I have 5 mil to burn but need 20+mil for aspirational buildings. I wouldn't mind blowing the existing money if it'll get me to 20mil faster.

White house has a slightly better $ per square inch of land ratio. White houses however are way way more expensive so it takes longer and more money to set up/start generating a profit.

I prefer blue because it works better for two taps a day. Once when I wake up and once in the evening. With 12 hours you have to remember to tap right away 12 hours after you wake up or your routine is messed up.

So if I built 64 blue houses (which I don't even want to do because it's ugly as shit and "cheesing"), and tapped them 3 times a day, it would still take a little under a year to get 10 million cash.

Yeah...this game has an economy problem.

krae_man

Less once you factor in your multiplier.

Took me a little over a month and mine is about 300 houses I think.

Or you can buy 17 boatloads of donuts then convert them to cash!

Asparationals can be yours for $1660 real money each!

Less once you factor in your multiplier.

Took me a little over a month and mine is about 300 houses I think.

Or you can buy 17 boatloads of donuts then convert them to cash!

Asparationals can be yours for $1660 real money each!

oh, good call about the multiplier. I think mine is around 90%.

Any multiplier item suggestions?

and lol yeah those donut-->cash prices are insane

rcl66

Curious how much real $$ people have spent on this. I want to support the game I've been playing a while now but the prices are just so insane I find it difficult. I'm all for supporting f2p but the cost just never makes sense to me in this game.

Curious how much real $$ people have spent on this. I want to support the game I've been playing a while now but the prices are just so insane I find it difficult. I'm all for supporting f2p but the cost just never makes sense to me in this game.

Same here. If you want to support the game with some of your money, go for the Golden Scratch-R tickets. I purchased two and won 50 (iirc) Donuts. The minimum you can win with a single ticket is 6 Donuts, max. 100. :)

How was the Moes costume quest supposed to finish? I don't think I ever got to the end, what the hell.

Click on the Simpsons house. If you're at the last step of the quest, you'll get to answer a question. Get it right on the first try and you'll earn 10 Donuts. Correct answer:
Pretentious Modern Art

JoeM86

Nowhere near getting enough ray guns with just 4 days remaining. I noticed we now only get 2 ray guns rather than the 3 probes we had with each thing last time. That has impacted things greatly

Top Bottom