• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

demolitio

Man, I need more towns to visit but now that I know this thread exists, I'll get to adding people. I need to shoot down some UFO's.

My Origin name is "demolitio". Level 45 daily player.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I don't think I'm going to hit the final total for the hovercraft thingie in time, I'm only at 3800 or so right now. I think I'll start saving up bags to open for phase 3 and just hope I can get enough candy bars to craft the overcraft later as I already have had everything else crafted for a while.

TeddyBoy

I don't think I'm going to hit the final total for the hovercraft thingie in time, I'm only at 3800 or so right now. I think I'll start saving up bags to open for phase 3 and just hope I can get enough candy bars to craft the overcraft later as I already have had everything else crafted for a while.

I'm at 4800 right now, if I keep us this pace I should make it.

This phase has been quite harsh on people, there's so little margin for error this time round. I'm really hoping the next phase is kinder.

krae_man

My cholocate production is lackluster. I have plenty of jackolanterns but the chocolate is rare.

I don't know if I'll even have enough to craft the great pumpkin before the event ends let alone the Rigelian tribal hut which takes another 300.

TeddyBoy

I just hit 100 donuts! :D

It's taken me the last few months but I've shown great patience with this often frustrating game to finally hit this high point. So I want to spend it :p

Do you think I should get the Portal to Rigel 7? I love Stargate so the nod to them is greatly appreciated by me, but is it worth 100 donuts? Should I buy something else?

Help me decide GAF!

I'm going to bed now and I'll check up on peoples comments tomorrow :)

(I've just hit 5000 Rayguns so I don't need the production of Rigellians to hit the hovercraft, it'll be purely for decoration)

krae_man

I plan on buying it. Doesn't look like it was have a XP bonus. It will probably just earn money, In any event stargate nod is all the motivation I need.

Gaspode_T

My friend and I were trying to connect through Kindle Fire version of this game and the Origin way of finding friend seemed to be broken, it said to put e-mail but neither of our e-mail would find each other?? (Origin name didn't work either) The only way to connect seemed to be through Facebook which is weird (same for Family Guy...which I was hoping would use GameCircle instead)

I don't know if anyone is willing to try to add me on Origin with name if there is a better way of doing it: (I just started my town couple weeks ago) I think I am MemorexJ there

BigAT

Just started playing this recently. I'm still learning the ropes a bit, but are there no ways to earn donuts aside from real money purchases and getting one occasionally from leveling up? I get using them as an accelerator, but seeing so many items in the game purchasable with nothing but donuts is a real turn off, to the point that I'm thinking I should just uninstall before I invest much more time into it.

krae_man

There's lots to buy with non premium currency.

As for earning donuts. Tap on homer 10 times while he's playing with his mipad and get 10 free ones.

Lots of quests earn donuts as well. Not the standard ones but the themed event ones and episode/holiday tie in ones.

You also earn donuts from tapping friends towns after you get all the friend point items.

Cleaning up toxic waste also has a donut drop rate chance.

If you play daily you'll earn enough to buy something every few months.

JDdelphin

Every 5 days you get a mystery box which might include a number of the premium donut items/characters too

Prof Frink, Barney, SVTeen, Moleman, Otto, Scorpio and anything else that was once offered free (and not from a holiday) can be gotten in one of those

The chance is small, and it's not something to get your hopes up for (HOORAY FOR PARKINGLOTS AND GARBAGE CANS FOR THREE MONTHS STRAIGHT) but there's still a chance

krae_man

Getting 30 donuts in a mystery box is probably once every 90 days. Between the 1% 30 donut chance, 4% squeeky voiced teen chance, and inception boxes adding a percent or two.

But yeah it's usually crap.

UberTag

I didn't even realize King Homer's Skyscraper went on sale briefly this weekend.
Didn't receive a pop-up or a store indication or anything.

Then again, considering the 250 donut cost, I'd have probably regretted it if I had purchased it.

krae_man

It wasn't on sale, it was free last halloween. Well a prize that could be won free.

Edit: I just did a rough count of how many donuts I've earned/spent since starting to play a little over a year ago. Its somewhere around 1000 and I only bought 380 of them.

demolitio

Getting 30 donuts in a mystery box is probably once every 90 days. Between the 1% 30 donut chance, 4% squeeky voiced teen chance, and inception boxes adding a percent or two.

But yeah it's usually crap.

I wish that happened every 90 days since it's yet to happen to me. Nonstop garbage cans and parking lots. I just want ONE premium item or donuts from it after playing all this time.

UberTag

Just under 3 days remaining to collect enough rayguns for the Hover-Copter.
Otherwise, you'll need to stockpile enough candy corn, broken fences and pumpkins to craft one.

So who's getting the ghost pirate ship? 250 donuts is steep, but it does generate income, and it looks awesome.

I'll probably bite, but I chose not to get the King Homer skyscraper since it doesn't even generate income.

UberTag

I'm probably going to hold off. 250 donuts for something that wasn't even in the show is practically extortion. I started playing Simpsons Tapped Out to be able to recreate Springfield on a device and stuck with it because of the writing. What exactly does that ship offer me to fulfill either of those things?

Incidentally, I finally unlocked the Hover-Copter last night.
This article perfectly encapsulates my feelings about it.

UberTag

I don't care about income generation. Looks cool/xp multiplier is that all that matters to me.
Even though only the income generation is being advertised, someone on the EA Tapped Out forums confirmed that the Ghost Pirate Airship boasts a 5% multiplier as well.

Hellers

I'd say no but if you're tapping anyway tap. If nothing else you'll get some extra treat bags to go towards the better rewards.

Definitely don't waste doughnuts on it if though.

jred2k

I've gotten 60 donuts out of UFOs over the past week. I fear I'm going to end up spending some of them on chocolate bars so I can get the Great Pumpkin. I'm still 50 away from being able to craft it.

TeddyBoy

I've gotten 60 donuts out of UFOs over the past week. I fear I'm going to end up spending some of them on chocolate bars so I can get the Great Pumpkin. I'm still 50 away from being able to craft it.

You've still got over 12 days to get the chocolate bars, you should be fine :)

TeddyBoy

I'll require more for the linked house though, won't I? I thought the Spooky House took the same items to craft as Hugo.

Spooky House requires
300 fences, 100 gummy bears and 55 chocolate bars :)

In case you don't want to spoiler the requirements, I still think you'll make it :)

krae_man

Rumor is EA realized they messed up chocolate generation and lowered the requirement for the tribal hut to 50.

Should be possible to craft everything now.

Pimpbaa

Only level 11, just recently started playing but I play regularly every day. Have no one in my Origin friends list who plays this. My Origin name is CrustyNoob.

krae_man

Man Kang has like 4 days of quests right at the start of this week. Hopefully that's it because any more and this could end before They can be finished.

Looks like getting the UBO is easy. You need 1250 protien strains/day and I already have 3300.

Just have the rigelian hut to craft since I already have the pumpkin house from last year. 30 more chocolate to go.

When I'm done with that I'll use my excess crafting supplies to craft as many spooky walls as possible since they are the only item with a xp bonus.

Hellers

I've spent quite a bit on doughnuts this event getting all the halloween stuff I missed by not starting until after the previous events. I've started creating a small "Halloween district" and a science site.

Are there any old items left for them to put in the store before the end of the event?

Hellers

She was on the other week. Picked her up. The cauldron I'm using as part of my Rigellian village :)

The only one I've skipped was the Homer Kong black and white tower. I've never liked the visuals on it.

I might spend some doughnuts and grab a few extra rigellian huts and do it properly

I've spent quite a bit on doughnuts this event getting all the halloween stuff I missed by not starting until after the previous events. I've started creating a small "Halloween district" and a science site.

Are there any old items left for them to put in the store before the end of the event?

We still haven't seen Raven Bart or the Victorian UFO. However, the Tapped Out Facebook page said the final retro items are available, so we might not ever see them :(

Finally got 30 donuts from shooting down a UFO
I still haven't gotten it.

krae_man

Should have enough supplies for 20+ spooky walls. Might get enough chocolate for an extra spooky house since it and the test chamber are the only items that don't use the same supplies as the spooky wall and I already have a ton of test chambers.

Top Bottom