• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

Hellers

Is the Drive in Theatre new this year or is it from a previous Halloween?

I've loved this event. I've gotten so much nice stuff and my Springfield is filling up nicely.

TeddyBoy

Gotten 90 or 120 donuts from that UFO.

Drive-in theater totally worth the price.

I haven't gotten any, Tapped Out hates me :(

Is the Drive in Theatre new this year or is it from a previous Halloween?

I've loved this event. I've gotten so much nice stuff and my Springfield is filling up nicely.

It's a new item :)

Accidentally spent donuts to shoot down UFO's twice in three days. I know we collect them for free but placing the confirm spend button right in the centre of the screen just puts a sour taste in my mouth :/

UberTag

rigellian-long-protein-string-calendar1.png
I'm actually running a little behind this time around.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Doing a lot better this time around, I'm at 6200. Though I had saved up a bunch of treat bags from last phase when it was clear I wasn't going to make the last prize with a couple days to go.

krae_man

How can you be behind? Currency generation is 25% easier this way(twice as many needed 15000 vs 7500 but you get 150% more 5 vs 2).

TeddyBoy

Currently at 6699, so I've got a bit of a lead but I don't think it's enough. I start work tomorrow so the time I can spend on Tapped Out will be cut pretty hard :/

UberTag

How can you be behind? Currency generation is 25% easier this way(twice as many needed 15000 vs 7500 but you get 150% more 5 vs 2).
Haven't been checking on my city as regularly as I'd like. Too many distractions.
It's not like I'm terribly behind. Just sitting in the low 5000s. But I'm accustomed to being a day or 2 ahead of the required pace.

krae_man

Small update regarding the Futurama crossover. Something with "The Creator".

Also that's now 5 straight 24 hour quests for Kang.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I haven't gotten any, Tapped Out hates me :(

I've gotten it once and I had the ray gun for extra ammo before the event started.
Of course I promptly lost them all when the game lagged hard and caused an accidental 40-donut spend that was instant and I couldn't cancel out of. I've checked the confirm donut spend option many times. Not recently enough, I guess.

krae_man

I now have 2 spooky houses. Probably won't get enough fences or chocolate for another.

I'll just continue to craft as many spooky walls as possible for the xp bonus.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I now have 2 spooky houses. Probably won't get enough fences or chocolate for another.

I'll just continue to craft as many spooky walls as possible for the xp bonus.

I'm so glad that I have tons of spooky walls and a pumpkin house from last year.
I made Hugo, the Grand Pumpkin, the Rigellian Queen and 1 Rigellian hut (Because I didn't look up how many aliens it spawns. Not many.)
If I make one spooky house I might not be able to make anything else. Chocolate bars are the main bottleneck. I'll have a better idea in a few days.
EDIT: Just got a human test subject from a treat bag. Praise Jeebus.
Oh, and the Tapped Out episode of South Park was great.

TeddyBoy

I've gotten it once and I had the ray gun for extra ammo before the event started.
Of course I promptly lost them all when the game lagged hard and caused an accidental 40-donut spend that was instant and I couldn't cancel out of. I've checked the confirm donut spend option many times. Not recently enough, I guess.

I JUST WON 30 DONUTS! :D

TAJ

I got a quest once burns was available. Also,got the 30 donuts a second time.

Yeah I just got it and it brought me love immediately.

UberTag

I don't think I will get UBO. Makes me sad.
There's always the donut fast track route... not that it's ideal or anything.
I shouldn't need to resort to it. Managed to finally get caught up on genome string collection.
Sitting at 13,711 strings and counting... within striking distance of the UBO now.

Hellers

Got my UBO this morning. I can relax now. A nice event but probably a bit too long for the content that was there. Very pleased I was able to get a lot of the previous Halloween stuff though

luso

This event sucked for me. I had less time true but I only bought 1 spooky house and I'm not able to get the pumpkin... Not enough chocolate bars. Also never got to the bigger prizes.
Also lately I visited neighbours some 30 times and I got 4 UFOs... Never got donuts either.

TeddyBoy

I've got the UBO, does anyone want some gremlins to help them try to reach the UBO on their end?

Just comment with your Origin ID and I'll pop them in your town when I can :)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Finally got the UBO.

The only thing I've missed is the Hover Copter, and I can honestly live with that. Cool event, though.

Just need a few hundred to get UBO, I should make it before the deadline.

Same here with the copter, though I could craft it if I really wanted to if I can get 100 more candy corn and 100 more candy bars. Probably won't bother.

Vargas

55 more protein strains...I have all the trick or treaters set to finish in a few minutes, hopefully I get lucky, and if not I will only have to spend a few donuts.

krae_man

Level 47 is out. Quimby compound w/ Freddie Quimby. Clumbsy French waiter costs donuts, truck of rat traps 150k.

Haven't started quest yet.

Edit compound is 1 mil.

Two new friend prizes.

"Little black box" pilot bar Homer drank in when Moe kicked him out of the bar.

Stewart complete w/ mini cart of toxic waste!

jred2k

Well, if anybody has (a lot of) free time today, the THOH crafted houses are glitched. If you leave your town and go to Krustyland, the friend's towns screen, or exit the game, you can come back and they'll be immediately tappable. They only give $75, though, so it takes some time to make any money of consequence.

Hellers

What I like about the Simpsons is after a big event it gives you time to breathe. Family Guy on the other hand has gone straight out of one event into a month long run to get the cast of American dad *and* a short timed event to get Bitch Stewie and Brian. It's exhausting

JoeM86

What I like about the Simpsons is after a big event it gives you time to breathe. Family Guy on the other hand has gone straight out of one event into a month long run to get the cast of American dad *and* a short timed event to get Bitch Stewie and Brian. It's exhausting

Indeed. I doubt I'll be able to get all of those, which is a shame because I love American Dad :/ Putting them ahead of the Brian & Stewie. Will never get them.

krae_man

Just got Stewart!

There are daily quests starting the 25th through Dec 1. Hope we get a decent black Friday deal.

Christmas event will start sometime after Dec 1.

Top Bottom