• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

krae_man

Yeah I don't feel like logging I'm at the exact moment to buy something. Theres nothing really I want. Well Barney but not enough to buy donuts and remember to log in.

UberTag

Oh boy... I can buy my very own Truckasaurus. Thanks Gil!
e5YuU.gif

I didn't spend any donuts on Gil deals. Saving up for Christmas. I wonder when it'll start.

Christmas 2012: 12/5 thru 1/10; snow lasted thru 1/30
Christmas 2013: 12/10 thru 1/14 (extended an extra week); snow ended with the event
Christmas 2014: ???

I definitely reckon the Christmas event will start this week- the Christmas episode airs this weekend, and they'll want your Springfield to be all Christmas'd up before then.

Hell, the update coming tonight is distinctly possible.

What beats having to redownload every Update with a new big update?

Nothing.

Nothing beats having to redownload every Update with a new big update.

Given I started playing Tapped Out when I got my iPad last Christmas, I'm feeling a bit nostalgic with this update. Hoping I can keep momentum throughout this event.

DukeBobby

Started playing this on Monday and I'm currently level 8. It's strangely addictive but I refuse to spend a single penny on it. Some of those premium items look cool, though. Hopefully, I get lucky from a mystery box.

I'll try adding a few of you guys tomorrow.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
My list might be full for anyone trying to add me. I'll clean out the inactives in the next day or so.

Is there a trick to getting the update? I've cleared the cache and nothing. Cant visit you guys cause it says to update but then just loads back to my town.

What beats having to redownload every Update with a new big update?

Nothing.

Nothing beats having to redownload every Update with a new big update.
That is not normal. You should look into that. Most of us only downloaded ~300MB

Given I started playing Tapped Out when I got my iPad last Christmas, I'm feeling a bit nostalgic with this update. Hoping I can keep momentum throughout this event.

Same here!

I just have to say - the artists on this game are superhuman.

The snow looks phenomenal and they've updated every single decoration and building. It's quite amazing and part of what brought me into the game in the first place (last year).

XiaNaphryz

I just have to say - the artists on this game are superhuman.

The snow looks phenomenal and they've updated every single decoration and building. It's quite amazing and part of what brought me into the game in the first place (last year).

Only thing that really looks off are if you have certain items on the Squidport. I have some of the round table/chair thingies near the food buildings, and they're completely white underneath. Doesn't match the pier tiles at all, lol.

UberTag

Who doesn't want more gifts? Here is your present progress tracker for the first part of the Christmas event...

gift-calendar.png

Just focus on 700 gifts daily and you should keep right on pace.

Alright, finally getting my first event underway. don't know if ill hit 700 presents a day since I dont have many characters but ill try. Starting on the elf dailies now.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
WTF. There's a Christmas update? When was the game going to tell me? I've been playing every day since this apparently hit.
EDIT: And then just now the game tells me to update, when it didn't as recently as three hours ago.

AleeN634

I love that they brought back the stonecutter-esque quests. It was one of my favorite things of that event. Although keeping everything free was a bit of chore to get the timing right.

Lame you can't store the new Christmas factory. I have Homer on a 24 hour mission but my last daily mission requires Homer and I won't get the bonus. Tried the store a building trick and was denied.

Lame you can't store the new Christmas factory. I have Homer on a 24 hour mission but my last daily mission requires Homer and I won't get the bonus. Tried the store a building trick and was denied.

The 24 hour timer doesnt start until you initiate the first quest. I'm in a similar situation with Homer on strike for 24h so I'm not touching the day 5 daily until he can make it.

The only thing you miss if you take >24h is 100 presents. You still get the items+elf

luso

My app died. I tried uninstall/reinstall, tablet restart, network reset. First it was taking ages to connect with start screen with that donut spinning then I tried those actions. Now it just says "unfortunately tapped out has stopped"... I just can't play anymore.

Edit: strangely it works now. It did some minor updated hours later when I tried. What the hell happened...

XiaNaphryz

Just cleared a bunch of inactives from my friends list, so if any recent players want to add me to the list feel free, hopefully the requests will go through now.

Origin id is XiaNaphryz

UberTag

I'm constantly rotating friends in and out of my list if they're inactive. Ensures there's never bloat that needs to be cleaned up.

painey

Who doesn't want more gifts? Here is your present progress tracker for the first part of the Christmas event...

gift-calendar.png

Just focus on 700 gifts daily and you should keep right on pace.

fuck, i'm only at 2285. Most of my friends don't have the update so I can't get presents

What's the point of the bell?

Btw, I'm active everyday: Leonsito.

The bell is awesome. Put it near your workshop and ring it when the elves are finished making presents. It automatically collects their loot and sends them back to work. Need a bell like this for the entire game!

Also your name isn't coming up in Origin but feel free to add me: LamonsterZone

UberTag

fuck, i'm only at 2285. Most of my friends don't have the update so I can't get presents
All the more reason to add active people from here to pad your Friends list.
There should be no reason not to clear through your maximum allotment of available presents from visiting neighbors daily.

what do you in friends towns in this? Just a tiny amount of presents?
That and sending out federal agents once they're unlocked.

Leonsito

The bell is awesome. Put it near your workshop and ring it when the elves are finished making presents. It automatically collects their loot and sends them back to work. Need a bell like this for the entire game!

Also your name isn't coming up in Origin but feel free to add me: LamonsterZone

Added!

Is there any advantage to sending Feds out rather than tapping on individual buildings in my friends' towns? I'm not seeing much of a difference in rewards.

jred2k

Is there any advantage to sending Feds out rather than tapping on individual buildings in my friends' towns? I'm not seeing much of a difference in rewards.
If you send feds you both end up getting presents. I'm not sure if there is a difference in value to you.

If you send feds you both end up getting presents. I'm not sure if there is a difference in value to you.

yup if you click on feds someone sent you you get like 2 presents each or something. I'm getting close to unlocking them I think. Homer is definitely my limiting factor at the moment

Top Bottom