• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

UberTag

Struggling to get elfs. I'm ahead of scheduling but now I have to wait more hours until having enough to fire the three cannon blasts. No way getting level 20 for free.
Clearly this will be unattainable except for hackers and those people who don't value their money...

Elfcannon03_transimage.png

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Is it me or did they reduce the daily reward for day 7? Could've sworn it used to be 100 cogs, I got 50 cogs earlier today instead.

Started playing this within the past few months. Finally had the idea to look for an OT thread for the game. Sigh

Anyways, name is cjm335

I'll add the names in the op shortly

Hellers

I had a big clearout of my friends list during the christmas event. Anyone who hadn't played for more than 6 weeks (Apart from my boss) got cut.

God, I wish this event was over.

The first part was really fun, but this elf collecting stuff is just tedious.
Yeah, Tapped Out is just plain boring these days. Hope we get the level 49 update soon. And you know what? I want something awesome. Who cares about Mrs. Muntz or Janey. There are a ton of awesome characters that still aren't in the game. Where is Radioactive Man? Or at the very least, a Radioactive Man costume for Wolfcastle? Helen Lovejoy? Proper Sideshow Bob? Ruth Powers? Herb Powell? Dr. Colossus would be fun. SIDESHOW RAHEEM?!?!?! lol

Got this sweet Ralph costume I can't use =/.
why not?

jred2k

I'm thinking I should have employed the strategy of holding on to elves until my cannon was leveled up. I'v hit the point where my shots are outpacing how quickly elves spawn. I'm at 16700 so I'm a bit ahead of where I should be, but these last few days are going to be a slog.

I'm thinking I should have employed the strategy of holding on to elves until my cannon was leveled up. I'v hit the point where my shots are outpacing how quickly elves spawn. I'm at 16700 so I'm a bit ahead of where I should be, but these last few days are going to be a slog.

Same. After my next cannon round I may have no elves left. I'm sitting at 16k and will have to really focus on getting the extra bells from friend town visits from here on out.

Anyone else disappointed the quests for Ralph's costume don't give bells? I thought they might.

I'm guessing he's still early enough in the game that he hasn't unlocked Ralph yet.

Ya, I don't have access to Ralph =x. Should be getting Mayor Quimbly in an hour though. Also making progress on Krustyland and Squidport~

Got my Spruce Caboose so just workin towards that island left.

Durden77

Damn I know it's petty, but I hate when games don't flip along with your phone's screen. My charger is at just the right length to make this game a pain in the ass to play in my bed on the side it wants me to.

Damn I know it's petty, but I hate when games don't flip along with your phone's screen. My charger is at just the right length to make this game a pain in the ass to play in my bed on the side it wants me to.

It's not petty. Everytime I load up I feel the same and sigh. Then click on the dam elves

XiaNaphryz

Is this Android? I'm pretty sure it flips on my iPad.

krae_man

Speaking of Krustyland, I wonder of we are ever going to get an aspirational for it. I have 300k tickets with nothing to spend them on. And since they deactivated sideshow U, there is no reason to go to krustyland anymore.

UberTag

Speaking of Krustyland, I wonder of we are ever going to get an aspirational for it. I have 300k tickets with nothing to spend them on. And since they deactivated sideshow U, there is no reason to go to krustyland anymore.
Why would you go back there at all if you've bought everything and purchased all the land? I plan on nuking it and mapping out a new layout for mind once I (hopefully) score the Tunnel of Love next month but apart from that I just cashed out any extra tickets I had and plan to ignore it until Sideshow U is back in action (just for the donut chance).

Well level 15 cannon is where it will end. Changed my mind about wasting clicks on other krustytowns. 18 tickets isnt worth it over the ~$90 from normal clicks.

Krabapple Apartments soon~ Sitting on the Writer's Building quest cause it is like 3x more expensive than the regular character quests at the moment.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Not that it will probably help much with the cannon leveling, but the event has been extended to the 18th. If you check the info button on the event item bar you can see the extended timer now.

DarthWoo

Boo-urns. Ready to be done with this.

Eh, it helps me a bit. Combining all the times I either couldn't download the updates or just couldn't connect at all, I lost probably around 4 days on the second half. If I'm really lucky I may be able to get the last prize before the original deadline, but more likely I'd have missed out by a couple hundred bells while I was at work.

Not that it will probably help much with the cannon leveling, but the event has been extended to the 18th. If you check the info button on the event item bar you can see the extended timer now.

The only thing I can think of is the friends bell click seems to give same as just a normal money click otherwise this would be terrible. Maybe Ill get a donut or 2 out of it then

I know you already know this, but you can convert 30k tickets to 100k cash.

Get your easy million! I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an aspirational that costs tickets.

XiaNaphryz

I wonder if this was due to the connectivity problems some people had in the first few days of the event.

DarthWoo

Apparently the site that reported on the extended end is now not sure if this is the case. Supposedly they've been communicating with EA support and were told there would be a patch sometime today to clarify things.

Apparently the site that reported on the extended end is now not sure if this is the case. Supposedly they've been communicating with EA support and were told there would be a patch sometime today to clarify things.

I just got a 12.5MB update; no in-game changes but the countdown timer now shows 1d 11h on the winter event.

DarthWoo

I just got a 12.5MB update; no in-game changes but the countdown timer now shows 1d 11h on the winter event.

Yeah, they officiall extend it one day...and I was unable to connect for the first two hours of that last day. :/ Good thing I just barely managed to finish this morning.

SaitoH

Dang, I'm about 100 bells short for the Spruce caboose.

Anyone able to friend me SaitoHalifax in the last 40 minutes to help me out?

:)

[edit]
Bah! Couldn't log in for the last hour.
[edit2]
Managed to get in after the event was supposed to end and get it after all. Thanks!

Update's just arrived. It's taken Christmas and the snow away, with no apparent new content yet.

I'd forgotten how lush standard Springfield looks.

UberTag

Update's just arrived. It's taken Christmas and the snow away, with no apparent new content yet.

I'd forgotten how lush standard Springfield looks.
It's a shame they ditch the snow so quickly. If only the real world worked that way instead of us being stuck with the white stuff until April.

Yeah, I am going to pass on it. I have the donuts but no real interest in the costume and while the castle definitely looks cool, it would look out of place even if it were near my CoC stuff.

WARNING - do not tap the 175 donuts button if you don't intend to buy it. Sometimes I tap the button just to see how big something looks in my town, but there is no "confirm" when buying from a Gil sale. It's a bit slimy of EA.

Chanser

Yeah, I am going to pass on it. I have the donuts but no real interest in the costume and while the castle definitely looks cool, it would look out of place even if it were near my CoC stuff.

WARNING - do not tap the 175 donuts button if you don't intend to buy it. Sometimes I tap the button just to see how big something looks in my town, but there is no "confirm" when buying from a Gil sale. It's a bit slimy of EA.

Yeah found that out when buying Otto during Gil deal.

krae_man

I wonder if they have anything special planned for level 50.

My city is up to making 420k/day. I can add another 110k is I do 3 taps of my blue house farm but I normally just do 2.

I'll admit I bought the castle but will pass on the Twonicorn decoration. Going forward with this or Family Guy, any spending will lean more towards characters or buildings.

Looking forward to what will come soon!

DarthWoo

I'm STILL trying to finish downloading the post Christmas event update. Damn thing keeps getting 1MB into it, then I get a connect connect to server error.

Top Bottom