• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

Jme

Just jumped back in after a few years of not playing. I've added everyone I could find on the OP - please add me when you can

Origin ID: TheFirstZombie

Jme

Thanks to all who added me as friends!
I have no plans of spending actual money on this... so my donut supply is limited (about 100 at the moment) and I've never made any purchases with donuts.
What would be the best thing to buy first? Most valuable, long term? A couple of characters? One expensive building/character combo (like Volcano Lair)? Just something to boost my cash pickup %?

UberTag

Thanks to all who added me as friends!
I have no plans of spending actual money on this... so my donut supply is limited (about 100 at the moment) and I've never made any purchases with donuts.
What would be the best thing to buy first? Most valuable, long term? A couple of characters? One expensive building/character combo (like Volcano Lair)? Just something to boost my cash pickup %?
Best bang for the buck in terms of cash earning power and number of fun quests unlocked is still Sherri & Terri by my count.
They're 120 donuts and earn double premium bucks for every quest you send them on.

It's weird that you logically wouldn't think that given how they've been used on the show but I found their quest lines to be both fun and well-written.

krae_man

Yep new building with a character I don't recognize for 1.1mil and a new strip of land that costs $10 mil to buy it all.

My 23 mil is down to 12 mil:(

Not impressed with the latest update. Hopefully level 50 = something special and exciting!

Also, I'm expecting the V-day update to hit this week or next week.

Working on Wolfcastle~ Slowly catching up. Still haven't bought Writer's building though and stopped Squidport at buying Turban Outfitters for now to unlock the chars instead.

Mini update with a second chance to buy Stonecutter stuff.
The Stonecutter sale is also set to be in three week-long phases. This quashes any hope of a third annual Valentine's Day event. I'm not too disappointed but I do hope something else comes along sooner than three weeks from now.

I am hoping for a something brand new, like a Radioactive Man event.

jred2k

soooo did this game die or something?

What the hell!

They are in massive need or something that will get me to check my town every day. Right now there is really nothing to work towards other than more land and aspiration buildings that look kind of terrible.

Hopefully the level 50 update isn't just another lame side character that was in one episode.

Loathe as I am to say it, the Family Guy game has been absolutely spanking Tapped Out in terms of content for months now. I can barely be bothered to check my Springfield any more.

I agree, although Family Guy is way too tedious now. I don't have time to send every character on a job on a daily basis, and almost everything requires "stuff" that you can only get from character tasks.

It was truly a blast early on, but around Christmas time and into 2015, having so many characters that always needed to be on tasks is way too time consuming for me.

I do appreciate how often the game is updated and patched, and TinyCo is great at communicating with fans. It really makes EA look like they're hiding behind their castle walls, throwing scraps to us peasants only when they feel like it.

TeddyBoy

I agree, although Family Guy is way too tedious now. I don't have time to send every character on a job on a daily basis, and almost everything requires "stuff" that you can only get from character tasks.

It was truly a blast early on, but around Christmas time and into 2015, having so many characters that always needed to be on tasks is way too time consuming for me.

I do appreciate how often the game is updated and patched, and TinyCo is great at communicating with fans. It really makes EA look like they're hiding behind their castle walls, throwing scraps to us peasants only when they feel like it.

I feel once the game hits level 50 that should be it in the games current format. Once update 51 is scheduled to roll out, they should completely redesign the leveling system and how money is farmed.

They need to reset the level counter and knock it down from 50 to 25 as a start. Then turn the house's into generating cash once per 'same' building and not generating cash individually (so basically the Krustyland format with buildings only generating cash for the first instance and the rest are purely decoration).

They need to go over the original 20ish base levels and rewrite most of them and make all the simple coloured houses just extra houses you can build that aren't plot related (like Springfield Mall).

They need to make the call that some currently premium characters were wrong the be premium and they should be made buildable with cash and players compensated with donuts appropriately (since they are definitely running out of regular faces for characters at this point).

They'll hopefully start moving towards the same holiday events per year. So each new event we'll have the prizes split in half with half the prizes being repeats from previous years (for the new players) and the other half being brand new (for everyone). A special event can be in the middle of the year which is different every year to keep things interesting (we do sort of have this format now but I think it should be more formalised).

daman824

So the game is completely broken for me. Starting after the matt groening update, whenever I tap on a majority of my characters the game crashes. Tried logging out and back in, and deleting the game and re-downloading. Even tried going to and from a friends town to re-sync mine. But nothing is working.

Anyone know what's going on?

So the game is completely broken for me. Starting after the matt groening update, whenever I tap on a majority of my characters the game crashes. Tried logging out and back in, and deleting the game and re-downloading. Even tried going to and from a friends town to re-sync mine. But nothing is working.

Anyone know what's going on?

Which platform? Have you tried resetting your network settings?

Try contacting EA. http://tstoaddicts.com/2014/01/14/troubleshooting-101-contacting-ea/

Looking to replace some inactives on the friends list. So if I don't have you yet (enkida971 or some number) lemme know or feel free to add me.

This update looks very promising...At least 3 costumes, and 4 buildings

Four phases so we'll get more than just what we are seeing now! Seems to be just like the most recent Halloween event.

One subtle change: the shadows are now darker, I guess to increase contrast and make it look more like a comic book.

Anustart

Had a notification that a crime was reported
and logged in immediately but didn't see anything.

Also, it's crazy how expensive items are with doughnuts. About 20$ for a bowling alley? Fuck off.

Had a notification that a crime was reported
and logged in immediately but didn't see anything.

Also, it's crazy how expensive items are with doughnuts. About 20$ for a bowling alley? Fuck off.

Takes about 9-13 hours to unlock the actual event. 60 min + 4hr + 4hr and there might have been 1 last mission or that was start

superheroes-calendar-issue-1.png

The TSTO calendar for the first episode

I'd assume later we have to pick and choose between event currencies so getting as many rods now while they are only option seems like a good idea

krae_man

Looks like having 100 friends is ideal again. No capping event friend taps or weighting it heavier for the first taps it seems.

Top Bottom