• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

Small update: limited time sale on the new Radstation Air Fortress - 225 donuts. It can be placed on land, boardwalk or sea.

Not sure if I'll get it...it's kind of ugly IMO but I'd like to see it in motion...

Small update: limited time sale on the new Radstation Air Fortress - 225 donuts. It can be placed on land, boardwalk or sea.

Not sure if I'll get it...it's kind of ugly IMO but I'd like to see it in motion...

Pretty pricey for what it is =/. Unless it retroactively gives like Radioactive Man later 225 for just a plain building seems steep.

Also apparently unlocking the collector unlocks a lot of stuff in the event.

Hellers

Up to 26k now. Should be able to grab the collector and start crafting tomorrow. I'm guessing the crafting will continue across the rest of the issues given how much there is of it.

Bearded Skull

Neo Member
I'm hooked and just cleared up a bunch of dead weight on my friends list. I figured an event would be a good time to get some new neighbors.

Origin ID: BeardedSkull

I should unlock The Collector soon. Also my town is crappy, I'll probably nuke it and make it look nice soon.

Hellers

I'm onto the crafting. The first item needs lockpicks that you get from catching criminals (As far as I can tell only in your own town). 10% drop rate. Given how many you're going to end up needing that feels a little low but if it turns out the be spread over the rest of the event probably fine.

Once you've crafted that everything else opens up. Two items are unique and the rest can be constructed as much as you have materials.

Telephones you get from reporting crimes in other towns. 20% drop rate. I had 43 from one run through my friends list. From the crafting list they're not going to be a problem.

Handcuffs you get from catching felons. 100% drop rate. You don't need huge amounts of these so this is perfect. Especially since without plopper by the time you're crafting you can have three fights on the go at once. Four with Plopper.

The last one is capes. 100% drop rate. You get one every time you collect the reward from the HQ.

Pretty good so far. I'm definitely enjoying this event. I'm not entirely sure how some people on my friends list have nearly 40k pies already though :)

krae_man

Lock picks is fine you need approx 8/day. Shouldnt be a problem.

Capes you can get 4/day easy. Again not a problem.

Phones, you will have massive amounts of extras if you have lots of friends.

Handcuffs are really tight. You need 35 and there are only 22 days left and you will probably only get 2/day. Its possible to get 3 but you have to be really on the ball with taps. There is very little wiggle room to fall behind.

Hellers

The end of the event date is a little confusing. One windows says 22d until the event ends but if you look at issue four it says 22d until the prizes unlock. If we have extra time after the 22 days for issue 4 that would make it less tight perhaps.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The end of the event date is a little confusing. One windows says 22d until the event ends but if you look at issue four it says 22d until the prizes unlock. If we have extra time after the 22 days for issue 4 that would make it less tight perhaps.

Probably just a bug. I'm guessing it will show the proper time once Issue 3 starts.

Durden77

Dammit you would have to buy Bartman. Donuts are crazy in this game. I spent all of mine on Hank Scorpio and I'm at 32 after weeks of playing...

Jme

Dumb question: When I tap on a neighbors stuff, do i have to wait for the "Thanks neighborino" message that pops when all the money/xp/fp/etc. auto collects, or can i just do my 6 taps and click next before those things are picked up and still get credit for them?

Also, I seem to not be able to add new friends despite being under the limit (keeps saying invite failed?) If you haven't, please add me... origin ID : TheFirstZombie

Javier

Dumb question: When I tap on a neighbors stuff, do i have to wait for the "Thanks neighborino" message that pops when all the money/xp/fp/etc. auto collects, or can i just do my 6 taps and click next before those things are picked up and still get credit for them?
You can do the six clicks and go to the next Springfield immediately without having to wait for the "Thanks" message. That's how I do it and it saves A LOT of time.

Jme

What are the drop ratios?

I seem to get phones and lockpicks no problem... but capes?

And handcuffs are only on defeating felons?

krae_man

Just unlocked Dr Colossus. 4000 pie bombs per donut bonus is amazing. Should be able to do that 9 times before issue 3. Hello 27 free donuts.

UberTag

Level 50 update is now out.
Helen Lovejoy is the new freebie character. Jessica Lovejoy is the new premium (along with the Lovejoy residence).
Milhouse kicks things off.

Other new stuff includes the Municipal House of Pancakes, the Shorty's restaurant from Life on the Fast Lane and Tim Lovejoy's book burning mobile.

Also, two new Friend Point prize levels have been added.
Level 14 unlocks the "It Blows" air conditioner store.
Level 15 unlocks Marge's Canyonero.

You can also splurge on a Bartcave for your Bartman and the Murderpuss robot from I, D'oh-bot.

fisheyes

I thought we would get something big - or at least, self referential - for level 50. It's a good update in general, though.

luso

Until when can we gather items and craft the Zenith stuff, until next issue? Or there is no time limit? I can now craft something but not everything, I still not decided what to do first.

pestul

I'm still at this bloody game for about 15 months now. I'm in the process of culling some deadweight, so if anyone wants to add me they can: phoenixmango

My wife is a level 49'er with: pestulman

My wife's Springfield is really nice looking and mine is lazy and the shits. I'll get around to cleaning it up one of these days.

Until when can we gather items and craft the Zenith stuff, until next issue? Or there is no time limit? I can now craft something but not everything, I still not decided what to do first.

I think it goes to end of event. So still awhile yet to gather parts and craft.

I'm a level 50 daily player looking for more friends. Origin ID is Peteykirch

Started playing some weeks ago (level 16 right now). If anyone wants to add me:

Origin ID: Hana-Bi87

I'm still at this bloody game for about 15 months now. I'm in the process of culling some deadweight, so if anyone wants to add me they can: phoenixmango

My wife is a level 49'er with: pestulman

My wife's Springfield is really nice looking and mine is lazy and the shits. I'll get around to cleaning it up one of these days.

Added all you. enkida971

Up to 6 donut bonuses so far this chapter. Trying to get 4 more.

I think I'm up to around 11. Pretty good rolls, only got 1 doughnut once so far. usually 2.

Issue 3 is live if you unlocked Dr. Colossus!

20 Ice Rays per Criminal Tap, everything else should be same.

You can still build towards Zenith City for now.

First quest is with Dr. Colossus - 1 hr

I need like 8 more capes and 13 more manacles for Zenith Times, thats 5 days worth of criminals which should be doable with the two week window until Issue 4/End of Event.

GeeTeeCee

I've been playing for a while, but I've just got my Gaf account, so if you want to add me my Origin ID is GeeTeeCee (you might find I've already added a bunch of you previously...)

Hellers

Work commitments mean I've been slacking on ray guns. I'll have death mountain at some point tomorrow. I need five more handcuffs to finish off the last of my buildings though which is good.

Think I'll have enough time to get the Collider before the end of this issue?

krae_man

Work commitments mean I've been slacking on ray guns. I'll have death mountain at some point tomorrow. I need five more handcuffs to finish off the last of my buildings though which is good.

Think I'll have enough time to get the Collider before the end of this issue?

I've been getting 7000 ray guns a day easy. Shouldn't be hard.

krae_man

New update. St Patrick's day. 20 free donuts, a quest line and a Gil deal for an Irish castle for 115 donuts for some reason.

Also some stuff from previous st paddies day events available for purchase.

Do the crafting materials carry over to the next event? I've got enough to make a 2nd apartment complex, but don't want to burn through all my capes if they'll be getting used again.

Top Bottom