• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Skies / Star Successor |OT|

Hiltz

Got my copy coming in the next two days from Amazon. Used the $20 credit to buy it from the purchase of Super Mario Galaxy 2 so only had to pay $29.

I've played through Sin & Punishment 1 three times in the past two weeks. I used to play using the GameCube controller which worked fine but the Classic Controller Pro feels better.

Galang

Banned
Quixzlizx said:
So only Europe got the reversible cover? That is a bummer, because that is one amazing cover.

Yeah, I was disappointed when I checked the back :(

The local leaderboards for me in Canada are practically empty on normal so far. Didn't bother to check hard, I don't think I'll ever be able to finish the game on that difficulty anyway.:lol

barnone

I'm going to send in a gamefly game tomorrow and hope that I won't have to wait for this! It doesn't seem too popular apparently.

Very epic game. We are loving the inclusion of local leaderboards, it gives them meaning to us.
Leaderboards have never meant much to me since I suck at having top scores in anything, but at least for today we are in the top 15 in whatever counts for our local area.......how do you find what your local area is?

Foxix Von

Got to spend a little time with it, in between WFC matches and mowing the lawn... Fracking awesome. Really, everything about this game is just sliiiiiick.

fucking EEEEEEELLLS GOD DAMNIT *RAGE*

stuminus3

Holy... this game. This game. YES.

Hardcore? You want hardcore...? This makes Modern Warfare look like a quiet game of croquet.

I got to #1 on the Canadian scoreboards for stage 1 on normal last night, I guess not enough people are playing score attack yet. :lol

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Had a ton of trouble with Hibaru on stage 3... took me a long time to realize that
you have to move back as you melee attack to prevent from getting hit
. Playing on normal with Kachi, but I played a bit of Isa and realize I like playing as him much better... not a fan of the auto-lock Kachi has.

Now I'm up to the boss of stage 4, the
African mask wearing lady
, I can beat the first part with taking minimal damage, but the second part... ugh. Especially when the stalagtites come down... made it to the final form when she shoots the meteors at you, but can't seem to avoid the meteors.

It's a fucking awesome game, I was totally sold after the underwater tunnel boss fight...
KILLING DOLPHINS!!!!!
This game is solid proof Japan still has it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
djtiesto said:
Now I'm up to the boss of stage 4, the
African mask wearing lady
, I can beat the first part with taking minimal damage, but the second part... ugh. Especially when the stalagtites come down... made it to the final form when she shoots the meteors at you, but can't seem to avoid the meteors.

slash slash slash slash

Ricker

So I picked this up,they had a 500 points Nintendo card with it as well and it was 49 bucks...now I`m debating with which controller to play it...I usually don`t feel comfortable with the pointing Wiimote(hated it in the Conduit),I didn`t invest in the Motion Plus yet,I have the Zapper that I kinda liked in RE UC(the game was too hard though,couldn`t beat the third Boss) and I also have the old Gamecube Controller,(the special one,forgot the name for now)...from what I gather this game is pretty hard,solo,on normal even...what scheme are most of you using(i`m guessing Wiimote)...does it work well with the Gamecube controller or did anyone try the Zapper,thanks.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Playing with anything else but the Wiimote plus Nunchuk or Zapper is like standing in a Mexican stand-off with nothing but a slingshot.

Proven

Regulus Tera said:
Sin and Punishment 2: My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got To Shoot/Slice You: It's Straight-Up Bonus Time
I just stopped by to say this: :lol :lol :lol

Gamefly is sending the game here to me, and then I'm using a coupon to buy it from Gamefly. Easy.

Foxix Von

Normally I agree with GameTrailers, but lately with War For Cybertron and this game, I'm just not seeing eye to eye with there numerical score.

75 feels too low.

Anyway looking forward to pouring more time into this game. :D

conman

Foxix said:
Normally I agree with GameTrailers, but lately with War For Cybertron and this game, I'm just not seeing eye to eye with there numerical score.

75 feels too low.
At least it counteracts the unjustifiably high scores. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

IMO the leaderboard implementation is useless since the levels are just too damn long. The levels really need to be broken down into smaller, more regular slices for scoring purposes (1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 2-1, 2-2, etc). I mean, it takes longer to play some of these levels than to play a full playthrough of Ikaruga!

Incitemaybe said:
Leaderboards have never meant much to me since I suck at having top scores in anything, but at least for today we are in the top 15 in whatever counts for our local area.......how do you find what your local area is?
That's just you and anyone else who uses your console. It comes pre-loaded with some scores, but otherwise that's just you versus you. :D

Ricker

stuminus3 said:
Why would you do this! S&P2 is like the very reason the Wiimote and nunchuk were invented. It's beautiful.

I know but I just have a hard time playing with the nunchuk in my left hand...I don`t know why,it just seems so hard for me to grasp,it adds a whole layer of difficulty to me,instead of making it easier it seems...Dead Space Extraction wasn`t bad,it took a while but I got use to it(i hate missing some drops though because the rail goes on) so i`m hoping I can get use to it in this game...we shall see tonight hehe...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Woohoo, my order just shipped!

Ricker said:
I know but I just have a hard time playing with the nunchuk in my left hand...I don`t know why,it just seems so hard for me to grasp,it adds a whole layer of difficulty to me,instead of making it easier it seems...Dead Space Extraction wasn`t bad,it took a while but I got use to it(i hate missing some drops though because the rail goes on) so i`m hoping I can get use to it in this game...we shall see tonight hehe...

Using the zapper is a perfectly good alternative, if you have it.

tim1138

I think I must be near the end of my easy play through, I'm
transformed and fighting the giant space station
. I loved the boss(es) of the
Mt. Fuji
level, in the early parts it felt like I was fighting legendary Pokemon.
I need to convince my wife try jump in and try the co-op with me, I bet that's a blast.

UPS guy just delivered mine! Gonna hold off until this evening to play it since I have work to do right now. I did immediately redeem my points card and buy Metal Torrent on my DSi. I'd been fighting the urge to buy it since it released, knowing I would be getting this points card with S&P. I really liked Ketsui on the DS (also by Arika) and so far it's a really fun shmup for only $5. I'd recommend it to anyone in this thread looking for something to spend their 500 points on, especially since it should up the alley of people buying this game anyhow.

sfried

You know that Brandish fan-translation commercial, the one which explicitely says "casual gamers beware!" and "not for bitches!"?

I think they meant this game.

Beat the game on easy with Isa Jo....with 5 hp left....mmm. Good ride for the time it takes definitely going to take my time with increasing my skill & scores over the other difficulties...over time(lots).

Gamestop.com lists my copy as Backordered. Fantastic.

Hey, does someone want to do me a favor? I was counting on this game to bump my Club Nintendo status up to platinum (I'm exactly 50 points away), but there's no way it's going to arrive on time. Does someone want to help me out and give me their code now, and when my copy comes I'll give you mine?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
It's here, zomg. :D

Poster is kinda lame. Oh well, it was free.

Phantom Flapjack said:
Gamestop.com lists my copy as Backordered. Fantastic.

Hey, does someone want to do me a favor? I was counting on this game to bump my Club Nintendo status up to platinum (I'm exactly 50 points away), but there's no way it's going to arrive on time. Does someone want to help me out and give me their code now, and when my copy comes I'll give you mine?

Sure. I'm sending you a PM.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Volcynika said:
One thing I haven't read up on:

Is there a noticeable difference between the two characters gameplay wise?

Isa has a charged shot and manual aiming. Kachi has auto lock-on and a multi-target shot.

Otherwise they are the same.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Volcynika said:
One thing I haven't read up on:

Is there a noticeable difference between the two characters gameplay wise?

Yep, they feel very different.
Especially because of the different aiming methods (lock-on etc.) and the jump/fly mechanic.
ISA FTW

bon

digita1alchemy said:
UPS guy just delivered mine! Gonna hold off until this evening to play it since I have work to do right now. I did immediately redeem my points card and buy Metal Torrent on my DSi. I'd been fighting back the urge to buy it since it released, knowing I would be getting this points card for the exact amount with S&P. I really liked Ketsui on the DS (also Arika) and so far this a really fun little shmup for only $5, or for free in my case. I'd recommend it to anyone in this thread looking for something to spend their 500 points on, especially since it should up the alley of people buying this game anyhow.
Good suggestion. I was just wondering what to spend my card on, and forgot I wanted Metal Torrent!

JKTrix

Sucks being in Bermuda right now, where we get games a week late and for twice the price :( I could just wait 2 weeks until I'm back in the US, but I want this now.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Damn, this game is hard even on Easy for a noobie like me. Beated the last boss of Stage 2 with my life at 2/100. :lol

I'm still confused at the story, a human that transform into different forms for no reason? What was that thing shortly after i killed the human with the magic shield? Also, why didn't they show ingame what's written in the booklet(prologue)? So many people don't the booklet. And i would have been even more confused with the story if i haven't checked it.

But the gameplay is really fun. The aliasing is really bad in the cutscenes on my HDTV, but thankfully i don't notice it when i'm actually playing since there is so much shit going on. :D

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
djtiesto said:
Had a ton of trouble with Hibaru on stage 3... took me a long time to realize that
you have to move back as you melee attack to prevent from getting hit
This boss is killing me. Not a fan.

Treasure has outdone even themselves by taking a little of this and a little of that and came up with AAA pure grade greatness. The tried and true simple stuff built around utter chaos that seemingly only Treasure can do time and time again feels so perfect, and is immediately apparent. they even have the cool Treasure fonts.

this should be the Wii Kiosk demo game, it's the definition of pick up and play

BUY THIS GAME. Man up, stop playing call of duty or whatever Unreal Engine 3 game of the week is out and pick this up.

if this is supported well enough, who knows what else they might try to give us. Treasure has some of the best titles sitting in the cellar and we need to help bust them out by stuffing their pockets full of cash

The game is really great. I especially loved the fight with
Hibaru Yaju / the sword girl
. I do feel like the game is way more bullet-intensive than the first one, though, and there have been a lot of parts which just feel like they encourage dodging around semi-mindlessly.

It's definitely better than the original overall, but so far I don't think it's better in every way. Right now, I think I'm on the last battle,
Deco after he transformed at the end of the Gunstar Heroes-like boss rush.
, and it's definitely a lot better than the final fight from the first game.

JoeFenix

quinntendopower said:
Treasure has outdone even themselves by taking a little of this and a little of that and came up with AAA pure grade greatness. The tried and true simple stuff built around utter chaos that seemingly only Treasure can do time and time again feels so perfect, and is immediately apparent. they even have the cool Treasure fonts.

this should be the Wii Kiosk demo game, it's the definition of pick up and play

BUY THIS GAME. Man up, stop playing call of duty or whatever Unreal Engine 3 game of the week is out and pick this up.

if this is supported well enough, who knows what else they might try to give us. Treasure has some of the best titles sitting in the cellar and we need to help bust them out by stuffing their pockets full of cash

Amen!

sfried

Chimera
Keeper is kicking my ass. Seriously, I've already
figure out countering his slash attacks and taking out his wing-eyes
, but its just incredibly annoying when you your timing is off. I got it down to just one bar of life.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
What the hell am I supposed to do on the
crane
boss?
The two sides can be moved up by shooting them, and shooting the baby keeper makes him yank Kachi up, but what's the end game I'm going for? Everything I try just results in her being dumped in the lava.
I don't really know what my goal is here.

Boney

Banned
Can't wait to pick this up tommorow. In it's honor, I'll beat the original in hard and make sense of the story while I'm at it.

Top Bottom