• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Skies / Star Successor |OT|

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Regulus Tera said:
It's got a commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ2u8vVPbOw&feature=player_embedded

I was kinda disappointed that this was nowhere in E3. I know it was shown last year, but I thought NoA had sent it to die.

...then again, didn't Excitebots get a commercial too? :(

Yeah, kinda crazy this is getting a commercial. Last time I can recall Nintendo making a commercial for a game this niche was Advance Wars: Days of Ruin.

I can't wait for the game - I've already preordered it at Gamestop so I can get the points card.

On a Treasure-related note, would it be a good idea to use those points to get Alien Soldier on the VC? I loved Gunstar Heroes and the first Sin and Punishment, the only other Treasure games I've played.

stuminus3

It's somewhat freaking me out that my anticipation for this game is reaching Mario Galaxy 2 levels of feverishness and gut-wrenching desire. Yikes.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Sir Ilpalazzo said:
On a Treasure-related note, would it be a good idea to use those points to get Alien Soldier on the VC? I loved Gunstar Heroes and the first Sin and Punishment, the only other Treasure games I've played.
Alien Soldier is a game for those who thought Gunstar Heroes was too easy and didn't have enough boss fights.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
stuminus3 said:
It's somewhat freaking me out that my anticipation for this game is reaching Mario Galaxy 2 levels of feverishness and gut-wrenching desire. Yikes.

All that means is that you're a sane person.

THIS SUNDAY ZOMG

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
nz3wcw.jpg

NoA.

NoA I don't think this is how you should be marketing this game.

Sixfortyfive said:
Alien Soldier is a game for those who thought Gunstar Heroes was too easy and didn't have enough boss fights.

The weapon system seems really interesting. If I really liked Gunstar Heroes a lot, would you say it's a sure buy?

Hiltz

Oh, I just saw the game's commercial right now while watching Cheaters on G4 tv. :D

I hope the game sells well despite being a niche genre. I'm a bit concerned that all of this E3 coverage has put the game under people's radar.

Anyway, I've got the game on pre-order from Amazon.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Yep, I won't be there day 1 either, since I'll just be waiting for my Amazon order to arrive.

I love Alien Soldier. It's basically like one big boss rush. Tough but a lot of fun.

I finally got round to putting some real time into S+P 2 after Monster Hunter and SMG2 took over my Wii and I love it. I beat it on easy and am now trying to beat it in one credit on normal. I may never manage it but I'm having a blast trying. Keep dying around the end of the fourth level but I can tell I'm going to get past there soon.

Like any good score attack game should it gets better the more I play it. I'm always learning new tricks and techniques for the levels and bosses. The multiplier system is perfect for a game of its type with the way it rewards you for not taking a hit but doesn't punish you too harshly. The online leaderboards are actually worth a damn as well! The controls are pretty much perfect too.

You guys still waiting for it are in for a treat!

gunstarhero

And it's AWESOME.

It doesn't have the platforming that GS has - and the characters are much larger.

Also find yourself a copy of Silhouette Mirage - another awesome Treasure game that doesn't seem to get a lot of love. I think it came out on PS1 - I played it on Saturn so I'm not sure.

Regardless - it's worth the effort to find and play. :D

robor

When I get the chance I'll be downloading this title off VC. Looks like Hard Corps but super fucked up. Love the way you interact with the environment. I definitely see the relationship it has with Gunstar.

Sixfortyfive said:
For a pair of 16-bit sidescrolling shooters by the same developers, the games aren't that similar, really. It's probably my favorite game on the Genesis though. I made a thread for it a while back, for what it's worth. See also: decent HG101 review.

Wow, your topic on it was really great. I don't know how I missed it when I was searching. I think I definitely will get it together with S&P2.

gunstarhero said:
And it's AWESOME.

It doesn't have the platforming that GS has - and the characters are much larger.

Also find yourself a copy of Silhouette Mirage - another awesome Treasure game that doesn't seem to get a lot of love. I think it came out on PS1 - I played it on Saturn so I'm not sure.

Regardless - it's worth the effort to find and play. :D

I had heard about that. I know that Working Designs screwed with the way the game works, so you have to track down the Japanese Saturn version, and that turned me off (because I have no Saturn). But if it's really that good, I might consider it one day. It's a shame that it's way too hard to get a lot of Treasure's games (like Radiant Silvergun and Ikaruga).

This is such a cool game (it's out in Europe already). As an advice (maybe a bad one, I'm no expert at this game), it works a lot better if you switch the melee attack to a direct button press, not a tap. Not enough buttons on the Wiimote for all functions :-( Awesome game anyway. Really awesome.

Salsa

Got this yesterday. Was hoping for some co-op fun, didnt know that player 2 is just a crosshair :/ gonna start playing SP tonight.

Regulus Tera said:
http://i50.tinypic.com/nz3wcw.jpg

NoA.

NoA I don't think this is how you should be marketing this game.
I'm not sure you understand how online advertising works; they're probably serving ads based on your behavior (like, say you looked at a Sin And Punishment thread previously)

Anyway, GS charged my shit. Won't be long now.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
_dementia said:
I'm not sure you understand how online advertising works; they're probably serving ads based on your behavior (like, say you looked at a Sin And Punishment thread previously)

That would explain why I saw this ad while watching footie editorials.

dani_dc

Really need to start playing again.

Stopped playing for some 3 weeks due to exams, tried to get back a few days ago just to find out that I lost any and all skill at the game and unable to play the level I'm at any decently :lol

Galang

Banned
Nice that people are actually seeing the S&P commercial. Can't believe how close this is!

Regulus Tera said:
http://i50.tinypic.com/nz3wcw.jpg[IMG]

NoA.

NoA I don't think this is how you should be marketing this game.[/QUOTE]

I had friends who were severely addicted to this song, I'd say the marketing would work on that alone even without the girls. :lol

Volcynika

Gamestop texted me saying my copy will be in the store tomorrow morning.

...but Gamestops don't open till 12 on Sunday

Noooooooooooooooooooooo

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I wasn't that excited like everyone else was when it was 1st announced. Yet ironically I'm a big treasure fan. I love Ikaruga. I bought both of their Bleach fighters on the DS and they rocked. I also thought the Bangai-O version on the DS was cool even if I prefered the DC version.

Still I think keeping this game low on my radar has helped because now I'm EXTREMELY interested in this one coming from a place of basically no hype. I haven't picked up a game or a Wii game in a while, and I think I just might grab this one when I'm out and about this week! :D

Galang

Banned
I'm planning on buying a copy of S&P1 this week from ebay, but not sure if I want to pay the extra money to get it sealed or not :S.

Volcynika said:
Gamestop texted me saying my copy will be in the store tomorrow morning.

...but Gamestops don't open till 12 on Sunday

Noooooooooooooooooooooo

I'm so bad with patience, I always thought the one near me opened at 10 sunday. Recently arrived there at that time for Galaxy 2, and ended up going to Wal-Mart to get it early despite having it paid off in full at Gamestop anyway.

jay

Just ordered from Best Buy along with Trauma Team since they have a buy one get one half off sale and Amazon wasn't making any better offers. I'm pretty excited. TREASURE!

Now I play the waiting game.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Volcynika said:
Sin & Punishment 2 today, dawgs. Only 3.5 hours to go D:

I shall be playing my Japanese copy while Gamestop sends it.

I still don't know what the poster looks like. It's probably gonna be something lame, but oh well.

thefil

Unfortunately, the mall where my Gamestop preorder resides does not open until noon. Playing the waiting game is painful. :(

Volcynika

thefil said:
Unfortunately, the mall where my Gamestop preorder resides does not open until noon. Playing the waiting game is painful. :(

I don't think many GameStops at all open before 12 on Sunday. Everywhere I've been, Sunday hours are like 12-6.

Get out there and buy this game you fools! Just got my copy along with Metroid Prime: Trilogy from BB. After the BOGO sale and some RZ coupons, I figured 30 bucks for both seemed reasonable. :D

Top Bottom