• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Skies / Star Successor |OT|

Dave Long said:
Treasure + Nintendo = Awesome. I hope they work with them again this generation.

This a thousand times. I'd rather have them work with Nintendo on awesome stuff like Sin & Punishment 2 than doing licensed work. I'd love to see them doing a new StarFox or revive an old franchise like Tin Star or Battle Clash/Metal Combat (imagine a Treasure game with only one-on-one bosses :lol)

Dave Long said:
Treasure + Nintendo = Awesome. I hope they work with them again this generation.

Seriously.

This game better sell well. :(

Also the Stage 3 samurai chick is destroying me. Her sword phase is cake. It's the ranged stuff that's getting me.

Fimbulvetr said:
Seriously.

Also the Stage 3 samurai chick is destroying me. Her sword phase is cake. It's the ranged stuff that's getting me.

Charge shot her every chance you get and don't stop moving. It might help to shoot a charge shot at the blue orbs but it's not necessary.

You can deflect her homing shots back at her.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Being #1 on the leaderboard on Stage 5/Isa/Canada. And on my 1st run on top of that.

urvzh7oyn.png

Fimbulvetr said:
Seriously.

Another day has passed by at work and have not sold even one nor has anyone asked....mmm

Boney

Banned
Urban Scholar said:
Another day has passed by at work and have not sold even one nor has anyone asked....mmm
It wasn't on my shop's front page and the Wii section is never updated. It was confined to a little tweet on the border.

stuminus3

There's no way this game is going to do big numbers, especially not out of the gate. It's an enthusiasts game, for enthusiasts by enthusiasts. It's kind of weird to see Nintendo (especially these days) put so much effort into such a niche game though.

stuminus3 said:
There's no way this game is going to do big numbers, especially not out of the gate. It's an enthusiasts game, for enthusiasts by enthusiasts. It's kind of weird to see Nintendo (especially these days) put so much effort into such a niche game though.

With all due respect, as an enthusiast I'm appreciative Nintendo backed Treasure to publish it for them. With said I'm disappointed at the marketing push this game has had. I'd rather not drag the thread down with my opinions of these practices. So for now let's enjoy this game for what it is and what it represents on the market.

melchior_

Sixfortyfive said:
There's no reason not to start on easy mode, really. You have to beat it once as each character to unlock the mode where you can use both of them at the same time, so the most straightforward way of clearing everything in the game is to play easy mode as one character, normal mode as the other, and then hard with both at the same time.

That's if it works the same way as the JP version. I still haven't picked this up, as Wal-Mart didn't have it when I checked earlier today.

So there's true co-op if you beat it with each character? All the reviews say player 2 only controls a reticule.

If this is true, I'll probably pick the game up. Or does this mean one player just controls 2 characters Galaga style?

No, unfortunately. Well, I don't know how Galaga works, but the "Isa and Kachi" mode you get for beating the game with each character lets you switch between them whenever you want. You don't control both simultaneously.

I don't think this is a spoiler because it's in the instruction manual.

Effect

Perhaps good word of mouth will help the game and it will sell over time. I haven't heard anything bad about it. Enjoying it very much and have no problem suggesting it to anyone.

melchior_

Sir Ilpalazzo said:
No, unfortunately. Well, I don't know how Galaga works, but the "Isa and Kachi" mode you get for beating the game with each character lets you switch between them whenever you want. You don't control both simultaneously.

I don't think this is a spoiler because it's in the instruction manual.

Ah, bummer. Think I'll pick this up at Bestbuy with Galaxy 2 anyway to support Treasure. :\

Hiltz

Any tips on how to beat what appears to be the last boss ?

I beat his Space Centaur form and now he's got me facing him with Kachi behind me. I know you're supposed to reflect those fireballs back at the boss but there's so many! There doesn't seem to me much of an opportunity to use Isa's special charged blast

Shoot the red orbs whenever you see them.

When the green orbs show up, you could just let the big two hit her (they only do a few hundred damage, which is bad, but not as bad as if you break the orbs into many smaller orbs which go on to hit her). Also, get rid of the big purple thing as fast as possible, because I think as long as it's on the field, Deco's attack pattern is harder to deal with.

Hiltz

I don't know how much more punishment I can take. The last boss has been kicking my ass more than 5 times already.

The game sure doesn't disappoint with how bizarre enemies can get.
The sand tiger that fuses with the giant bird. The skeleton that bounces an orb of spirits like a basketball, that little lava hamster that operates a crane
. How do they make this $hit up ?

Volcynika

Beat it! Last stage was pretty awesome. Sadly, most of my deaths were in Stage 06, since some of the boss battles I really had no idea what to do D:

But now I have knowledge!

Fantastic game though, all the crazy stuff at the end is :O

Also, when I want to still unlock the ability to switch between either character, what do I do now? Just 'continue' on the save file I have, or just hit new game?

OMFG I'm at the final boss.
WTF, Isa doesn't dodge quick enough to hit the orbs back at the boss. He's too fucking slow.
I threw my Wii Remote & Nunchuck on the bed at that point...seriously what the fuck do I do -_-;

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
MidnightScott said:
OMFG I'm at the final boss.
WTF, Isa doesn't dodge quick enough to hit the orbs back at the boss. He's too fucking slow.
I threw my Wii Remote & Nunchuck on the bed at that point...seriously what the fuck do I do -_-;

It's like Every Extend Extra, some bullets are like daddy bullets that take the baby bullets connected to them with him.

The last boss is a puzzle, pretty much. Not my favorite boss though, you've really got to get it down to win.

sprsk said:
It's like Every Extend Extra, some bullets are like daddy bullets that take the baby bullets connected to them with him.

The last boss is a puzzle, pretty much. Not my favorite boss though, you've really got to get it down to win.

I've tried more than 10 times now, it's so god damn annoying. Why do they do shit like this -_-;

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
MidnightScott said:
I've tried more than 10 times now, it's so god damn annoying. Why do they do shit like this -_-;

I'm pretty sure you can shoot them as well as slice at them, don't for get your special move (charge or bomb, whichever you have)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Hiltz said:
I don't know how much more punishment I can take. The last boss has been kicking my ass more than 5 times already.

The game sure doesn't disappoint with how bizarre enemies can get.
The sand tiger that fuses with the giant bird. The skeleton that bounces an orb of spirits like a basketball, that little lava hamster that operates a crane
. How do they make this $hit up ?
Treasure is a nineties video game developer stuck in the the gray and brown world of the 21st century.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
good game is good.

treasure <3

One of the things I appreciate about this game is the death jingle. It's very tolerable and doesn't discourage me from trying more, a perk I certainly need in this game, unlike some of the louder, screechy, and jolting ones.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Quadrangulum said:
One of the things I appreciate about this game is the death jingle. It's very tolerable and doesn't discourage me from trying more, a perk I certainly need in this game, unlike some of the louder, screechy, and jolting ones.
it might be because treasure have experience with games where the player dies a lot ; )

So finally started playing this.

Impressions:

blah blah blah Isa blah blah blah Kachi blah blah blah Keeper blah blah blah FUCKAWESOME GAMEPLAY.

Damn, hard to fathom that Sin and Punishment wasn't originally intended for the Wii Remote.

Love Treasure so much.

Wow sprsk, I thought you could only hit them. Didn't think of ever shooting them. When I went back to it and shot them I beat it. What the fuck lol.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
MidnightScott said:
Wow sprsk, I thought you could only hit them. Didn't think of ever shooting them. When I went back to it and shot them I beat it. What the fuck lol.

I made the same mistake. It was an amazing moment when I discovered that you can shoot them.

Yeah, I also wish Nintendo hired Treasure to make the next Star Fox.

Assault was such a huge letdown. How can a game about flight have more battles on foot?

Imagine what Treasure can do with Star Fox if Nintendo gives them more creative freedom. Basically, take the same insanity in S&P2 and give it a Star Fox makeover.

It'd be pretty awesome.

Samurai girl
is kicking my butt on easy. Didn't the female producer of Nintendogs or something at Nintendo say this game was too easy for her? lulz @ my gaming skills.

edit: Ooooooooooh.

I can just slash her when she charges me. I thought I had to dodge first, and that either put me out of range or let her get a hit on me after I got out of my dodge. Duh.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I went for a score run on the whole game and by stage 4 my hands were cramped and I got my ass kicked because I couldn't physically tap Z any more :lol

Awesome game, but it's weird that unlike the first one or Star Fox 64, I'll never do a score run in one sitting.

gogojira

Maybe I'm overlooking something easy to find, but is there a way to change characters during the campaign? I started out with Isa, but I'd like to try out Kachi, too.

Last night I played through the first (there may be more) side-scrolling portion of the game, so fucking good.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Man, I still can't beat the goddamn
shaman
... got up to the meteor part with about 70 health, and still kept on failing when volleying it back... seems like my melee attack will go right throw it sometimes. Guess my timing is wrong or something, I think the most I got was like 4 volleys back and forth. Seriously considering restarting the game on 'easy' with Isa. I'm an embarrassment to my Facebook name :p

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
djtiesto said:
Man, I still can't beat the goddamn
shaman
... got up to the meteor part with about 70 health, and still kept on failing when volleying it back... seems like my melee attack will go right throw it sometimes. Guess my timing is wrong or something, I think the most I got was like 4 volleys back and forth. Seriously considering restarting the game on 'easy' with Isa. I'm an embarrassment to my Facebook name :p

Wait, you mean the giant meteors? I didn't even know you could bat those back... I just gunned her down and dodged those meteors right as they got near me.

Top Bottom