• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Skies / Star Successor |OT|

izakq said:
There's another bonus added in pre-ordering from GameStop. A free Wii 500 point card. This offer is available both online and in-store pickup. The poster is, as Regulus stated, is an online purchase only.
Gamestop is also offering free overnight shipping for all Sin & Punishment orders placed by 11:59 PM on 5/21/2010. Use coupon SIN.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Reluctant-Hero said:
Gamestop is also offering free overnight shipping for all Sin & Punishment orders placed by 11:59 PM on 5/21/2010. Use coupon SIN.
Great, now I have to cancel my pre-order and order it again.

Reluctant-Hero said:
Sealed the deal for ordering online, thanks for the heads up!

Dave Long

Banned
Yeah, the Gamestop deal is way too good to pass up. I put my order in yesterday despite the fact that this will arrive at the same time as DeathSmiles.

I traded in some games so I could get the (horribly overprized) copy from Game, and I've played a few levels. It's Treasure alright. It just throws things at you over and over. I need a break now.

Kola said:
So cool! It's a shame that the Wii boxes aren't see through like the PS3 boxes though cos I doubt many people noticed the reversible cover.

Got my PAL copy yesterday and was quite surprised that the disc contains Japanese menu text (I booted it up via Gecko and Japanese language accidently). This game is so fucking smooth, but Isa and Kachi's in-game models are so goddam ugly. :lol

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I'm playing through as Kachi now and she's waaaayyyyyyyy easier than Isa. Though that may partly be to do with me being fully prepared for events now than before.

...for some reason I approach this game the same way as I approached Punch Out!! on the Wii; just finding the right opportunity to counterattack using the melee attack and cause extra damage. I've noticed way more boss attacks now that can be countered too, plus they reward you with Medals. Yay!

This game is so delicious. I hope you Americans enjoy it as much as I am when it eventually releases there.

OMG Aero

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for it, but I had some Wii points left over so I decided to get the first game on virtual console today to see if I should get the sequel.
I'm enjoying what I've played so far but the controls feel weird on the classic controller and GC pad to me. I'm guessing that the Wii version's controls are miles better, right?

Also, should I know what is going on in this game because I just did the level where Japan is covered in lava and you turn into a robot for some reason (I think it's the second or third one) and I have no idea what the hell is happening.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I wish I knew what the fuck was going on.

Yeah the Wiimote makes controlling this game a bliss.

Squeak said:
Good, but not anywhere near as great as the originals OST.
Oh Squeak, not this again.

What have I told you about crazy talk?

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
OMG Aero said:
I'm not sure if this is the right thread for it, but I had some Wii points left over so I decided to get the first game on virtual console today to see if I should get the sequel.
I'm enjoying what I've played so far but the controls feel weird on the classic controller and GC pad to me. I'm guessing that the Wii version's controls are miles better, right?

Also, should I know what is going on in this game because I just did the level where Japan is covered in lava and you turn into a robot for some reason (I think it's the second or third one) and I have no idea what the hell is happening.

The plot is there for people in some far off forum somewhere to over-analyse. Treasure doesn't care if you know what's going on and neither should you.

(By the way that's Japan being covered in blood, not lava. ^.^;; V )

The game is unquestionably made for the Wii Remote/Nunchuck combo. The controls are 100% customizeable too.

Jokeropia

This game is fucking badass. Amazing how much more fun a railshooter gets when you have full control of your character's position.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Glass Soldier said:
Developer's Voice from the UK Nintendo Channel

Am watching right now.

Edit: Goddamn Nintendo, why do you have to tease me with all the artwork in the video?!

Treasure speaks. Regulus listens.

EDIT:
fu3keh.jpg

Kachi with rollerskates makes a lot more sense than the hoverboard.

Also, holy shit she was Ayran 2.0.

Btw Tera, if you like Suzuki's work you should definitely get The Art of Yasushi Suzuki. Sadly there are only two pictures of Sin & Punishment (that don't look at all like the art he did for the game) but his other stuff is fabulous. I also think that there are some early designs for Isa and Hibaru Yaju, or at least pieces he took inspiration from.

Galang

Banned
Have the book as well thanks to one of the S&P threads. Really beautiful, but wish there was more S&P stuff. Would love an art book just for Sin & Punishment or at least a follow up with his work from S&P 2 as well.

Regulus Tera said:
Treasure speaks. Regulus listens.

EDIT: http://i45.tinypic.com/fu3keh.jpg[IMG]

Kachi with rollerskates makes a lot more sense than the hoverboard.

Also, holy shit she was Ayran 2.0.[/QUOTE]

The picture you happened to screen is really nice and I'm doubtful, but is there anywhere I could get that in high-res if you know?

Regulus Tera said:
I already got it the first time you encouraged me to get it. :p

It's awesome, I agree.

I did? :lol Sorry, totally forgot about that. Glad you like it.

Purgatory Kabuki looks also pretty awesome, you can get vol. 1 for 10$ from Amazon. I seriously don't know why he isn't involved in more games.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Bumping this thread to warn you guys that Sin and Punishment: Star Successor is up on the "Intend to Buy" section of Club Nintendo.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Yep. Already ITB'ed.
Now if they'd actually SELL me the fucking game...
I thought that SMG2 might tide me over some, but I'll probably be fully finished with it by next weekend...

OMG Aero

Awesome, I finally got on the top page of one of the leaderboards. Granted it's the UK one, but the score is 9th in Europe.
16iy4k7.jpg

It's so annoying when you have a good score and combo going and then you just slip up and get hit in the boss battle and it ruins your multiplier.
Particularly in the fight against the snapper keeper on the first stage. Sometimes I'll dodge the flamethrower perfectly and sometimes it'll just hit me every time.

Teknoman

SovanJedi said:
The plot is there for people in some far off forum somewhere to over-analyse. Treasure doesn't care if you know what's going on and neither should you.

(By the way that's Japan being covered in blood, not lava. ^.^;; V )

The game is unquestionably made for the Wii Remote/Nunchuck combo. The controls are 100% customizeable too.

I thought it was lava, and that made Saki transform (the whole life in danger = inexplicable at the time transformation thing) into a giant human-ruffian bioweapon.

Actually the plot for the first game is pretty straight forward once you beat the game. Just pay attention to what they are saying.

I think the plot for the first game is pretty decent, but it isn't very clearly told. I hope that the second game answers some questions about what the villain was trying to do.

OMG Aero said:
Awesome, I finally got on the top page of one of the leaderboards. Granted it's the UK one, but the score is 9th in Europe.
http://i46.tinypic.com/16iy4k7.jpg[IMG]
It's so annoying when you have a good score and combo going and then you just slip up and get hit in the boss battle and it ruins your multiplier.
Particularly in the fight against the snapper keeper on the first stage. Sometimes I'll dodge the flamethrower perfectly and sometimes it'll just hit me every time.[/QUOTE]
It's a shame the game doens't let you take a picture of the score board for posterity (a la Mario Galaxy). I'm quite proud that I'm #1 for UK on Stage 5, Kachi, Easy (which is also #10 in Europe). It also would have been nice if the game alerted you with messages if someone beat your score, especially for a score based game such as this.

This game is so much better than the first one. The Wiimote is perfect for this game and the voice acting is decent enough not to make me turn this game off (VA really really sucked in the first game).

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
OMG Aero said:
16iy4k7.jpg

Particularly in the fight against the snapper keeper on the first stage. Sometimes I'll dodge the flamethrower perfectly and sometimes it'll just hit me every time.

Woohoo!! That's me in the top spot! :D I hadn't even checked until today.

Also did you know with the Snapper Keeper
you can shoot the Snapper Keeper's feet when he's shooting the stalagmites out of his back? It stops him from moving on to his fire-breathing stage, takes off 500 points of health when he loses grip and falls down the tunnel and I think you get a medal for it too.
I've only managed it once with Kachi though.

farnham

Banned
Finally got to play it. OMG ZOMG game is absolutely awesome

Im currently at Stage 4 "Easy" (i wanted to beat the game first) with Kachi.

I plan to play it again as Isa on "normal" and then on "Hard" with whomever i liked more.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
farnham said:
Finally got to play it. OMG ZOMG game is absolutely awesome

Im currently at Stage 4 "Easy" (i wanted to beat the game first) with Kachi.

I plan to play it again as Isa on "normal" and then on "Hard" with whomever i liked more.

Play hard with
both
! O:

farnham

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
Play hard with
both
! O:
i will when im finished beating the game on easy

i have to finish the first one too

also i intend to play it with the gamecube controller too on every difficulty

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
farnham said:
i will when im finished beating the game on easy

i have to finish the first one too

also i intend to play it with the gamecube controller too on every difficulty

You're gonna break your GCN controller, don't do that.

Random thought: Sin and Punishment Remake on 3DS would be glorious.

Galang

Banned
Regulus Tera said:

I could only imagine how much more intense it would be than it already is, scary thought. Yes please!!!:D

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
This is still my fav game on Wii together with the two Galaxy btw :)
I'm still going back to it on a daily basis, quite shocking with all the backlog games I have and considering I've also had the JPN version of the game.
SOOO AWESOME!

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
The_Technomancer said:
Email from Nintendo this morning:
"[NAME], prepare to be punished"

I was like... wtf? :lol
Haha, same. I definitely did a double take when I saw the combination of the subject and sender.

Ugh, I really want to preorder this to get the bonus from Gamestop, but I'm going to be out of the country during the release date... If the poster is glorious, someone please scan it in high-res, yeah?

Galang

Banned
ExMachina said:
Haha, same. I definitely did a double take when I saw the combination of the subject and sender.

Ugh, I really want to preorder this to get the bonus from Gamestop, but I'm going to be out of the country during the release date... If the poster is glorious, someone please scan it in high-res, yeah?

I pre-ordered from gamestop, but not online. I think it was an online exclusive? If it's really good looks like I'll have to buy an overpriced one from ebay.

farnham

Banned
Regulus Tera said:

well kid icarus uprising looks like sin and punishment 3ds

Galang

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
It's got a commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ2u8vVPbOw&feature=player_embedded

I was kinda disappointed that this was nowhere in E3. I know it was shown last year, but I thought NoA had sent it to die.

...then again, didn't Excitebots get a commercial too? :(

I would assume so, but I can't find one for Excitebots anywhere :/

The S&P2 commercial could of been a lot worse I suppose, nothing spectacular. Showed just a taste of the craziness, I wonder how many people who bought the VC game are actually going to buy the sequel. I'm just worried we'll never get a third game, but it may be too early to count this one out. Even if all signs point to this bombing, miracles have happened before I guess. And I'll hope for one this time more than ever :(

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I got that wtf-worthy email as well.
Isn't this game like out in a few days?
Despite all of my crying and moaning about the US delay, its release date did kind of sneak up on me. E3 will do that to you, I suppose.

Top Bottom