• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
What's this talk about Squigly buffs? I've not been able to find any patch notes since those of the 21st.

All her multihit moves got their damage buffed, Daisy pusher is fully invincible now and the hit box on it stays out for 20 frames so she can catch jump ins with it, all her specials now actually do chip damage.

LOL at anyone that though she was getting nerfed. Her stun scaling was way to high compared to everyone else for her to get nerfed on damage.

TheOGB

Banned
All her multihit moves got their damage buffed, Daisy pusher is fully invincible now and the hit box on it stays out for 20 frames so she can catch jump ins with it, all her specials now actually do chip damage.

LOL at anyone that though she was getting nerfed. Her stun scaling was way to high compared to everyone else for her to get nerfed on damage.
vDoVhhQ.gif

Noticed the latter when I played earlier, but the former is good info to have...

Luigi87

First beginner lobby I join, I get my ass handed to me by a guy stringing together a hell of a BnB combo (I knew exactly which one, as I saw it on YouTube) <_<

After that he left, and the matches were more to my pace, lol

Malajax

Yeah, I have this problem now... I'm too good to be classified as a beginner, but not good enough to be classified as intermediate. I wish something could be done on a system level to avoid this problem.

Such is life?

Yeah, I have this problem now... I'm too good to be classified as a beginner, but not good enough to be classified as intermediate. I wish something could be done on a system level to avoid this problem.

Such is life?
That means you need to start seeking out sparring partners instead of expecting the game to find the right opponents for you.

Mr. X

Aw. Makes any lobbies above 2 players kind of pointless. :(

Also thanks for the link to the Skullgirls Oceanic group.

Not really, "All-Play"TM pairs people together and play simultaneously so instead of 2 people playing and the other 6 watch, all 8 will play!

Reminds everyone of what it means to be the odd man out too.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Not really, "All-Play"TM pairs people together and play simultaneously so instead of 2 people playing and the other 6 watch, all 8 will play!

Reminds everyone of what it means to be the odd man out too.

Wait, does that happen? Because it always appears to be 1 match at a time in a lobby.

Especially seeing that most of the time I'm waiting with 3 other dudes with flashing signs but only the current 2 are playing.

TheOGB

Banned
Wait, does that happen? Because it always appears to be 1 match at a time in a lobby.

Especially seeing that most of the time I'm waiting with 3 other dudes with flashing signs but only the current 2 are playing.
You all joined after their match started, probably. Once those matches finish then everybody gets paired up and fights.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Has anyone used a madcatz xbox 360 fightpad with the PC version of Skullgirls? I'm wondering what default PC controller the game is friendly towards.

Jawmuncher

Has anyone used a madcatz xbox 360 fightpad with the PC version of Skullgirls? I'm wondering what default PC controller the game is friendly towards.

While not a madcatz I am using a PDP fightpad. Its been working great with the game. You just have to set the buttons to arcade mode so that they all sit right on button face. So i'm sure a madcatz fight pad which is almost exactly like the PDP would work great as well.

Also is anyone playing right now? I'd love to get in on some GAF matches. Be warned though Im somewhere between Beginner and Intermediate which means I suck.

Kioshen

Guess I should have tested it a little further but I CTD after completing the chap 2-1 tutorial. What was the command again to get crash dumps :/ ?

Edit: This is on the retail release.

joe2187

Banned
I am sad robo-fortune

every match I get now crashes to the desktop. I cant play quick match, lobby matches for no more than a few seconds before it just abruptly crashes.

Gonna submit another bug report, but it's really bumming me out I cant play online.

Is it steam that's buggy or just Skullgirls?

alstein

The only char Mike Z seems to want to nerf as a general rule is Peacock.

I am sad robo-fortune

every match I get now crashes to the desktop. I cant play quick match, lobby matches for no more than a few seconds before it just abruptly crashes.

Gonna submit another bug report, but it's really bumming me out I cant play online.

Is it steam that's buggy or just Skullgirls?

Have you tried verifying cache on Steam for Skullgirls?

joe2187

Banned
Have you tried verifying cache on Steam for Skullgirls?

Yep, tried pretty much everything.

Restarted steam, my computer, defragged my HD....nothing, still crashes every time. I play like one full match and the rest it just crashes mid match.

I have 7 files in my files for skullgirls that have the date and says CRASH...do I do anything with those? I cant open them.

Jawmuncher

Beat all the story modes earlier as well as try out all the characters for a good bit.
At first I was thinking Ms. Valentine would be the way to go and I was liking her for awhile. Then I started to play more with Cerebella and she's now my top pick. Really like her gameplay a lot. Since even as a grappler everything just works better in this game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, solo peacock can be a nightmare.

Until you go solo cerebella at least. For people who don't know how to play against her, cerebella wrecks their shop.

Also I believe the lobby system is straight broken. In 3 player lobbies I have had it skip me for them to play again and it doesn't record the matches properly.

Argyle

Restarted steam, my computer, defragged my HD....nothing, still crashes every time. I play like one full match and the rest it just crashes mid match.

I have 7 files in my files for skullgirls that have the date and says CRASH...do I do anything with those? I cant open them.

Can you try the current public beta build? Might be a lot fewer players but it might work better, post back if that helped...

Man, solo peacock can be a nightmare.

Until you go solo cerebella at least. For people who don't know how to play against her, cerebella wrecks their shop.

Also I believe the lobby system is straight broken. In 3 player lobbies I have had it skip me for them to play again and it doesn't record the matches properly.

Random is random. I hear a system that tracks play counts will be in soon.

This annoys me a lot. My cousin came over today and we spent more time waiting in 4+ player lobbies than we did playing. I hope this whole queue setup isn't a permanent thing and fighting in lobbies will eventually match you up with an opponent immediately because the waiting game gets tiring real fast.
The only char Mike Z seems to want to nerf as a general rule is Peacock.
Peacock backed by two good assists is the stupid endgame in skullgirls. Trust me on this. Once you reach a point where "intermediates" are more of a nuisance than a threat you have to start fighting truly high level people to sweat anymore. But the problem is the ramp up in difficulty and skill.

I've gone 40-0 against tourney vampire players and I've watched Karsticles knock me around like the sandbag from Smash using some near 99% inescapable setups, but the shit Peacock gets away with is truly despicable. My last fight with one of these point Peacock trio teams killed my morale so much that I calmly deleted my skullgirls beta data the day before SG launched on steam. There was no salt or cursing. I just don't see the "hole" or defect in her keepaway game besides getting a lucky hit which means you better be playing solo or duo unless you are one of those tournament combo fiends who who can do 70% health combos.

Shit makes Morrigan look tame. At least X-factor lets you one shot her if you actually touch her. The truly strong Peacock players, though? They really should die when they get touched. Just thinking about it makes me not want to use the character.

Have you tried

computer->c drive->users->name->my documents->skullgirls->delete all data in save data folder(not the folder, just the data inside it)
Beat all the story modes earlier as well as try out all the characters for a good bit.
At first I was thinking Ms. Valentine would be the way to go and I was liking her for awhile. Then I started to play more with Cerebella and she's now my top pick. Really like her gameplay a lot. Since even as a grappler everything just works better in this game.
Cerebella is my first grappler. She is good and extremely versatile in the assist department.

Squigly counters Peacock pretty hard. :p
I'm aware of Drag 'n bite, silver chord, sing and tremelone (however it's spelled). She has some good stuff going for her, but I don't think I'll get good enough with her to justify the health and damage loss on my team. It's either her or Peacock for anchor, but I'm leaning towards her. Whatever makes Peacock sweat is best.
The only "issue" is Peacock backed up by Hornet Bomber. Have you considered simply snapping in their godlike assist when you hit Peacock?
I didn't start snapping people in until just two months ago, but it feels awesome doing it now. It's also not that simple. You are wasting meter so you better have a damn good mixup to make up for it and Double isn't always the problem assist. Usually it's Double's horizontal coverage and some vertical DP coverage assist. The Double you are snapping in now isn't the same Double from vanilla or slightly different edition. Her flesh step is stupid good and it gives the character one of the best midstage games now which is absolutely terrifying if we're talking about Double. Thanks to car you never truly felt safe with Double on the stage, but now add projectile invul bits with flesh step and an actual tick throw game midstage? If you think it's as simple as snapping her in then you haven't truly leveled up and then gotten smacked in the face by these high level trio teams and buffed problem characters yet.

At the cost of sounding like a major nerd... right now it's like Vegeta's constant anger over getting one upped by Toriyama's plot machine. Knowing that Goku can blast you away at any second isn't as frustrating if you don't train at 400x Earth's gravity for months on end lol.

I'm sorry, but the minion inside me can't help using Dragon ball analogies.

Saikyo

The ost is going to be updated with the new stages music for IGG backers? Also selling the ost on steam could be nice...

alstein

This annoys me a lot. My cousin came over today and we spent more time waiting in 4+ player lobbies than we did playing. I hope this whole queue setup isn't a permanent thing and fighting in lobbies will eventually match you up with an opponent immediately because the waiting game gets tiring real fast.

Peacock backed by two good assists is the stupid endgame in skullgirls. Trust me on this. Once you reach a point where "intermediates" are more of a nuisance than a threat you have to start fighting truly high level people to sweat anymore. But the problem is the ramp up in difficulty and skill.

Peacock has a ton of hard counters. Painwheel can fly in around Peacock's blind spot and threaten like mad (and it hurts when you hit) Parasoul hits even harder and just needs to get in jump fierce range. Squiggly can draw Peacock in. Filia airdash game is really threatening. double can pretty much force Peacock to come in with Luger replica.

To me the stupid endgame in Skullgirls is the endless resets once you get hit- it's hard to get back to neutral in this game. That said, if it were easy to get back to neutral, Peacock would be a lot stronger.

Also if you nail the assist at all (even hitting armor counts) it's a long time before they can call another assist out again.

I don't think Hornet bomber is the only godlike horizontal assist for Peacock. Lock n Load is good offensively vs some chars (don't use it on Painwheel), and Squiggly has a ton of super-powerful assists. Filia's hairball might even count (but most will use filia's DP for a vertical assist)

Jawmuncher

Cerebella is my first grappler. She is good and extremely versatile in the assist department.

Also the inclusion of the grapple system that prevents jumping and the like when doing a circle motion is godly. Also is it just me or is charging in this game far easier to do? When I played Q on SFIII it was always kinda specific. Regardless SF and every other fighting game could learn a thing or two from Skullgirls in that regard.

Also woke up to a Skullgirls Booster Pack which was nice. Not to many people must have the badge since this is my first booster ever. Now to see it going for Badge 2 is worth it.

Mr. X

Let's see...we've got soda...purple stuff...and PATCH NOTES!

Small list tonight, with BIG real-pizza taste!
Online crash fix. Thank you to Severin and Domo for providing the crash logs, and extra special thanks to Mister Tony Cannon for the help!
Personalized customer service - just one more reason to choose GGPO for all your netplay, childcare, and outdoor-furniture-maintenance needs.
Smarter All-Play for lobbies. Prioritizes first by those who have played the least, then by those who were ready earliest.
Fix Threads of Fate achievement to only require the original 8 characters, and ignore DLC. Don't worry, though - if you already got it, then kiddo, you've still got it.

The pain of a closed freeway can wring tears from even the stones of the mountains.
- ancient California proverb

Shit makes Morrigan look tame. At least X-factor lets you one shot her if you actually touch her. The truly strong Peacock players, though? They really should die when they get touched. Just thinking about it makes me not want to use the character.
Lol. It is funny to see you complain about Hsien-ko being bad for 2 years in Marvel, and now you are upset that your main is too good.

I dropped Peacock after SoID got nerfed. Her remaining assists just aren't what my Painwheel needs, and it makes me sad. That assist also let me slaughter other Painwheel and Peacock players.

AEREC

Playing on steam with a Hori HRAP vx sa...is there a good way to have it recgonized as the 1st player without having to unplug the 360 controller and while using Big Screen mode?

Top Bottom