• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Deft Beck

In the tutorials, I find myself staring at the combo list than paying attention to what I'm doing. Perhaps this is a bad practice. Currently, I'm stuck on an off-the-ground combo and I've skipped a few tutorials I couldn't complete along the way.

I've seen this question a few times, so I just changed the name of the app to make it a bit clearer: Skullgirls ∞Endless Beta∞

Different question about the beta, are you guys still going to keep constantly updating it balance-wise, or will it stay the same until closer to Big Band's release?

alstein

I've seen this question a few times, so I just changed the name of the app to make it a bit clearer: Skullgirls ∞Endless Beta∞

I do think you're going to have a split community problem once Big Band comes out.

Is the Endless Beta going to be avaliable to all folks who purchased Skullgirls?

Ravidrath

I do think you're going to have a split community problem once Big Band comes out.

Is the Endless Beta going to be avaliable to all folks who purchased Skullgirls?

I expect the beta to go silent for a while, now that the game's out. And then perk up again once Big Band goes into testing, etc.

joe2187

Banned
Game is now constantly crashing for me now, just fades to black and brings me back to the desktop.

Sucks. When i submit bug reports do I need to include any other info?

Card Boy

Banned
I hope im not offending anyone or being unreasonable with these suggestions here they go

• I strongly feel the game should have text chat while in lobby mode. There are at least a dozen reasons why i feel this should happen.
  • I would like a opportunity to press the back button when choosing a color for a character. There have being many times where i always screw the colour selection.
  • Would like to set a ping limit for lobbys (eg 50, 100, 150, 200 etc), i am getting invaded by Europeans in the Australian lobbys. I can kick them but I would like the tools to be there
  • I would like to navigate menus with the mouse.
  • Any chance for scores in Arcade mode? and leader-boards for said suggestion?

Malajax

I hope im not offending anyone or being unreasonable with these suggestions here they go

• I strongly feel the game should have text chat while in lobby mode. There are at least a dozen reasons why i feel this should happen.
  • I would like a opportunity to press the back button when choosing a color for a character. There have being many times where i always screw the colour selection.
  • Would like to set a ping limit for lobbys (eg 50, 100, 150, 200 etc), i am getting invaded by Europeans in the Australian lobbys. I can kick them but I would like the tools to be there

Pressing the select button will cancel many things. Also, pressing the start button on a character will allow you to choose a specific color while also showing the button combination to select it as well.

Spectate is coming, just not ready yet.

Am I missing something or is there no spectate function?

Spectate/challenge for lobbies is coming.

I think the ping limit for lobbies topic has come up before, I'll ask later today.

Text chat isn't coming AFAIK because it's a feature that takes a non-trivial amount of time and effort to add, that can't be easily brought to console. I suggest using the Steam overlay to set up chats--I know it doesn't work for impromptu encounters, but you can at least text chat with people you know well or plan to play a while with that way.

Mouse navigation is in the same boat. I can think of some hypothetical situations where we may end up adding it (for example, if a Vita port got funded), but it's otherwise not happening anytime soon.

alstein

I have to agree, lobbies and even ranked matches should have a max ping limit that you can get (within reasons, maybe settings like 150,200,250 or so)

Forkball

Keep spamming that stupid bone train move Marie. And don't get me started on the last form. Why do fighting games need SNK bosses? WHY

Also I'm undefeated online #REKT

VariantX

Keep spamming that stupid bone train move Marie. And don't get me started on the last form. Why do fighting games need SNK bosses? WHY

yeah,
Double
as a final boss at the end of
Squigly's story mode
was so much better.

All the more reason to Make a playable version of Marie.

Nyoro SF

Think if you're in the shoes of the developers making a fighting game. Of course you want the final boss to be ridiculous!

Even when I was playing Squigly's story (which is coincidentally the best story of all the characters, dat art) and fighting Marie on Normal I barely won with a sliver of life lol

Think if you're in the shoes of the developers making a fighting game. Of course you want the final boss to be ridiculous!

Even when I was playing Squigly's story (which is coincidentally the best story of all the characters, dat art) and fighting Marie on Normal I barely won with a sliver of life lol

At least Squigly's ending is worth the pain that is fight Marie.

After PC version gets a few more updates (spectator mode, lobby challenges, art gallery) and bugfixes, console patch work will start.

I'm gonna put up my To-do list for you guys--it's way more boring than Mike's, but I figured it'd be fun for people to look at. It doesn't have everything I'm working on on there, and I'm probably forgetting some other stuff I could add, but I'll update it as things move along.

http://bit.ly/19C3IEg

yeah,
Double
as a final boss at the end of
Squigly's story mode
was so much better.

And yet,
being paired with Filia felt so much worse for me from the player's side of things. Taking a damage and health reduction for a character and assist that I don't know how to use, and forgetting how to combo after using st.HK -> j.HP & j.HK for the last 2 minutes to 2 1/2 hours
is not fun. Especially on Nightmare difficulty.

Marie's worse, if only because of that weird blocking trap she has, but still.

What's MM?

Also, where's selecting the same character multiple times on the priority list? It seems to be in the part of Mike's to do list that never gets updated anymore.

Also, also, why is that one guy listed on the contributors' credits twice?

MM is just main menu. The distinction is because of what's already going on under the hood at that point when playing the game.

As for your request, I have no idea; I'll ask Mike about it.

FWIW, I didn't compile the Credits list--I just wrote the backend to parse/display it.

But I think double listings technically should be there--that they're people who paid for one tier and then paid for another tier, since IGG doesn't update contributions like KS does. I think the people who did that that got their contributions combined into one tier properly only have one entry, though.

Ah, main menu . . . all I could think of was money matches and medal mode.

The story stuff seems interesting. Branching decision stuff especially.

Also, I was mainly thinking about the guy on Angel tier that's listed basically back to back. >.> I wouldn't haven't expected the list to be compiled by hand, but that struck me as an odd thing to still make it in.

Who do I send a pizza for Squigly's story mode? Hands down the best story so far. :D

Everything post the fight with Double = THEM FEELS.

Ardvent

Who do I send a pizza for Squigly's story mode? Hands down the best story so far. :D

Everything post the fight with Double = THEM FEELS.

Played through all the stories last night, and her's stood out among the others, it was incredible.
From the Levithan / Samson banter, to Double's "double cross", to Filia wishing her goodbye at the rare assist grave!

I loved every minute of it, just sad that I didn't see my avatar in any of the cut scenes :(

Top Bottom