• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Aaron

Restarted steam a dozen times, and still can't download the game. On the store page it's odd. Instead of saying I own it, it says the game and DLC are free, but when I click install nothing happens.

Nyoro SF

There should be a new thread for new news of the release of the game on Steam. Someone throw one up quick?

Also this probably goes without saying, but I recommend skilled players to not enter Beginner lobbies.

Aaron

Okay, I was stupid. I didn't realize the beta and the final game would be separate keys. Entered and installing now.

alstein

The best thing about the PC version coming out a year later is how it allows Skullgirls to be a favorite two years in a row.

Can't beat that.

It's funny, because I never really enjoyed the console version of Skullgirls, but once the game moved to PC- I started to like it a lot more and it grew on me. The main reasons I supported the IGG was because I loved the art/music, and become I felt like a PC version of a fighting game and supporting a American FG developer who cared were very important things for the FGC. I got more than I bargained out of this game- I just wish I was good at long combos- getting airdashes and restands in air juggles is difficult for me and always has been.

Despite this game having loops and other things I truly hate in fighting games, I'm enjoying this for some reason I just don't understand.

TheOGB

Banned
People liking the new stage?
YES

Like I said, we wanted to make the cards really awesome and rewarding. Really glad MAQL supported us on that, since we had to pay for new art for them.
Thank you Lab Zero
Thank you MAQL
Thanks for making trading cards I actually care to collect

Squigly's story mode hit me directly in the feels.

Play it guys, definitely a step above the rest.
It certainly was something. I'm not gonna say I cried ('cause I didn't)
seriously
, but it was reeeeeally cool.

REAL STORY SPOILERS NOW:
Best story just for the team up at the end. My [future] team. With my assists. Against someone that wasn't Marie and her GIANT FUCKING SKULL WORM THINGS. It was glorious.

YES

Thank you Lab Zero
Thank you MAQL
Thanks for making trading cards I actually care to collect

It certainly was something. I'm not gonna say I cried ('cause I didn't)
seriously
, but it was reeeeeally cool.

REAL STORY SPOILERS NOW:
Best story just for the team up at the end. My [future] team. With my assists. Against someone that wasn't Marie and her GIANT FUCKING SKULL WORM THINGS. It was glorious.

LabZero has set the bar REALLY high for the story modes coming out for the other DLC characters. Everything from the sheer amount of art, the way it gives a backstory to various events, and to the way different fights were presented are all top notch.

TheOGB

Banned
LabZero has set the bar REALLY high for the story modes coming out for the other DLC characters. Everything from the sheer amount of art, the way it gives a backstory to various events, and to the way different fights were presented are all top notch.
I almost feel bad for not voting in Black Dahlia and Umbrella or Marie.

Almost.

You are indeed correct.

I think the tutorial achievement is busted.
Huh. Wonder why that is? Lemme do the tutorial myself...

Ravidrath

Yo Ravi, whats with the Steam coupons?

Seems like it's pissing alot of people off.

Was meant to be a short-term promo we tried for word-of-mouth and to get more people playing. But the higher discount coupons were more common than we expected and, yeah, some people are feeling pissed off.

Just did Squigly's history mode, and it was amazing! I didn't cried but my eyes got teary. That first Squigly stage was beautiful!

Thank you Lab Zero Games and all the people who supported this game, easily one of the best R$25.00 I spent.

Was meant to be a short-term promo we tried for word-of-mouth and to get more people playing. But the higher discount coupons were more common than we expected and, yeah, some people are feeling pissed off.

I kinda understand why they are mad but I least for me I'm ok with coupons dropping. When I pre-ordered the game I had in mind that promotions could occur, not so fast, but as I said I don't regret paying the full price for this game.

Luigi87

My first card was Valentine... As she is who I am trying to learn most, it is fate.

Second card is Beowulf.

Also the tutorial achievement.
Achievements say I don't have it unlocked (that is on Steam Community), yet it shows it is unlocked on my Library page.

Threads of Fate still shows 0/8 on my community page as well, in spite it coming up at 1/8 when I finished Valentine's story.

My first card was Valentine... As she is who I am trying to learn most, it is fate.

Second card is Beowulf.

Also the tutorial achievement.
Achievements say I don't have it unlocked (that is on Steam Community), yet it shows it is unlocked on my Library page.

Threads of Fate still shows 0/8 on my community page as well, in spite it coming up at 1/8 when I finished Valentine's story.

I think Steam Community is a bit bugged right now.

Luigi87

I think Steam Community is a bit bugged right now.

I suppose this is where I should say, "What else is new?" lol

Anywho, I suppose the best way for me to practice and get better at this game (as I'm just not good at fighting games) would be to hop onto a beginner lobby and practice basics (poking, blocking) fighting others there?

TheOGB

Banned
I keep getting Valentine and Cerebella cards. Only one drop left ;_;

Anywho, I suppose the best way for me to practice and get better at this game (as I'm just not good at fighting games) would be to hop onto a beginner lobby and practice basics (poking, blocking) fighting others there?
Yup. Once you've got moves and combos down (or, what to do when you hit your opponent), get in a lobby and integrate defense into your strategy (or, what to do when your opponent hits you). It'll start coming together eventually.

Luigi87

Yup. Once you've got moves and combos down (or, what to do when you hit your opponent), get in a lobby and integrate defense into your strategy (or, what to do when your opponent hits you). It'll start coming together eventually.

Right then!
This is what I must do...
I will get better >_<

Deft Beck

I'm playing through the tutorials and I have no idea how to progress in Chapter 2's #3 and #4. Still working on it. I feel like I've improved a bit.

EDIT: Specifically, I'm having trouble with the mix-up part at the end of #4.

This is retarded. There needs to be a way to force both players to be using the same frame delay. There's no reason that sub 100 ping matches should be as bad as mine have been today.

This is retarded. There needs to be a way to force both players to be using the same frame delay. There's no reason that sub 100 ping matches should be as bad as mine have been today.

It genuinely shouldn't matter, what your opponent puts their delay at shouldn't affect the quality of your match.

Nyoro SF

I think if there is a "disagreement" on frame delay, the game should auto-default to recommended values.

I played a guy with ping 39 but he set his delay funny in order to win with Peacock.

Also, one for the bug report email... achievements are messed up a bit. Every time I start a match in story mode I get a non-progressed "Wardrobe" achievement notice. Also I beat Squigly's story mode, it notched a "1/10" for Threads of Fate, despite only showing "0 out of 8" on the steam achievement. Also it didn't give me any points at all for beating Squigly's story, it's still at zero. :(

bugreport@labzerogames.com for your bug reporting needs!

Top Bottom