• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Skilletor

So what's the preferred controller for this game?

Gampad or fight stick?

Depends on what you prefer: Gamepad or fightstick.

the answer you get will depend on what the person who answers favors.

For example, I play on a stick, so I say stick. :p

This game is legit. Feels great. Played a few online matches and they were flawless.

Biggest complaint right now is the number of characters.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one having problems with teching.

I literally have to "press grab in my head," then actually press LP+LK to ace the timing.
It's so annoying. lmao

Wow. This game has a learn curve. I'm not the greatest at fighters but I do know how to hold my own. This isn't going to be easily accessible for most players and I don't know how many are going to be willing to jump into the tutorial to learn the game.

Haven't tried it yet, but is the full tutorial available in the demo?

Wow. This game has a learn curve. I'm not the greatest at fighters but I do know how to hold my own. This isn't going to be easily accessible for most players and I don't know how many are going to be willing to jump into the tutorial to learn the game.

Haven't tried it yet, but is the full tutorial available in the demo?

Nope, only the four level 1 tutorials are available in the demo.

I'm pretty sure we aren't the only ones hyped for Skullgirls... lol
538924_10150767843289309_732839308_9192061_2114322812_n.jpg

Beats

Currently messing around in training mode using Filia and Ms. Fortune. Here's an easy Filia corner combo:

(cr.LP > cr.LK > st.MK > st. HK)x2 > cr.MP > st. MK > st. HK > cr. MK > st. HP > j.MP > QCB. MK > Air Super

It does about 6k with 2 people, but you could probably change the last two actions or whatever to get more damage.

Adam J.

Really not into fighters anymore, but this game is irresistible. Played the PSN demo on a pad and got my ass beat pretty bad--can't wait to give it a whirl with my 360 fight-stick tomorrow.

AEREC

Played and enjoyed the demo on PSN...gotta wait on the 360 version though since I don't have a stick for the PS3.

I love the personality this game has though...Peacock and Miss Fortune will probably be my mains.

joe2187

Banned
I've been going solo MsFortune and having tons of funs. Her head mixups and loops really throw people off, really good peacock punishing but cerrabella seems to be a good Fortune counter.

I've had very little issues with lag, but I'm the guy that doesn't know what ping means and what the latency means with the GGPO settings, anyone wanna school me on the basics of that?

Playing 1v1 and 1v3 is a piece of cake but 1v2 seems fairly difficult for me for some odd reason.

Elixist

This game is amazing. Just finished the demo and ill be grabbing this when i get some spare time. The animation is really outstanding and controls feel great. The style of the chars. is not my favorite tho so I would love to see what these guys could do for Darkstalkers, they should make a Yeti tech demo to send to Capcom :p.

I think I've settled on my team. I'm really enjoying Cerebella and Painwheel. Not sure if it's a good team in practice, but I enjoy their movesets the most.

The Skullgirls website is down. Their web guy must have drowned in our cash.
I'm pretty sure we aren't the only ones hyped for Skullgirls... lol
That Killer Instinct stick is Xbox huge.
This game is amazing. Just finished the demo and ill be grabbing this when i get some spare time. The animation is really outstanding and controls feel great. The style of the chars. is not my favorite tho so I would love to see what these guys could do for Darkstalkers, they should make a Yeti tech demo to send to Capcom :p.
I wouldn't mind it one bit if a Darkstalkers game were outsourced to Reverge.
I think I've settled on my team. I'm really enjoying Cerebella and Painwheel. Not sure if it's a good team in practice, but I enjoy their movesets the most.
Painwheel works best on point for that team. It looks pretty good with all the assist options and Painwheel's hatred guard.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
game feels weird at first, but is already showing a lot of potential

lol @ complaining about a lack of move list

It's a valid complaint regardless of how silly anyone in here thinks it is. Doesn't mean the game is shit, but you don't release a fighting game without an in-game move list and expect not to receive flak.

I like Mike Z and admire his passion for the genre as well as the fact that he wants to make the game easier to understand with some kick ass tutorials. Whether I like the game or not, that right there is enough to motivate me to support him by picking up SG.

With that said, if you want to make the game easier for newer players to understand you absolutely have to include a move list from the start.

edit: Should mention that I'd like to support the team at Reverge for what they're trying to accomplish, not just Mike Z.

All these complains about the difficulty doesn't seem like they made it easier for newcomers lol.
it is definitely harder than capcom ai. one of the problems is that it doesn't scale very well. hardest isn't that much harder than normal, and easiest isn't a standing dummy like it is in capcom games.

it doesn't read your inputs which is good, but it still doesn't really play like a human so its still a novelty mode at best.

tutorial mode is pretty cool. although white text on a white background? really?

overall, i'm really liking the game. (still not digging the art). i'm a grappler at heart, and to see grapplers actually viable in a marvel game is pretty awesome. why oh why can you cancel special moves at any time in this game? tick command throws are so much better and feinting normals into grapples is awesome.

launcher -> grab bag is inescapable is it not? thats a shit ton of meterless damage if so since it resets damage scaling. (edit: nm, its techable)

Bebpo

Banned
Game looks and plays great. Very impressed. CPU does crazy combos on normal, need to learn how to play haha.

The only thing I don't like is in story mode how the screen flashes/refreshes between every line of dialogue instead of just the dialogue box refreshing. Hurts my eyes to follow it.

Thores

The only thing I don't like is in story mode how the screen flashes/refreshes between every line of dialogue instead of just the dialogue box refreshing. Hurts my eyes to follow it.

I thought this was just a weird glitch on my own copy. Digging the rest of the game so far but I'm really hoping this is one of the first things that gets patched.

LegatoB

I'm really enjoying this game! I wish training mode had, you know, dummy settings, but I'm sure that'll be one of the first things patched in. It's much more useful than in-game movelists!

SupaNaab

Is there any way to gift games on XBLA? I'd like to buy this for a few friends who are interested but generally only play at my house.

EDIT: >.> I seem to have the magic touch when it comes to first post of a new page.

Top Bottom