• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Going to hop online on Xbox soon. Invite me for games if you want any. (GT is Sixfortyfive.) I've only looked up the moves for Fillia and haven't done any combo practice at all so I just expect to be mashing around for a while and picking up things that other people are doing. :)

Tokubetsu

They're not in the minutes for me, but they're definitely noticeable, totally breaking up the flow/waiting for loading screen to disappear. Sub 30 seconds but definitely somewhere above 10.

K701

Banned
Day two and the game is already stupid. 50% of a throw oh boy this game sure is good!

Not to mention it's the single most creatively bankrupt game of this generation. Do any of the characters have a SINGLE original move not stolen from a previous fighting game?

LOOK GUYS PEACOCK HAS ARAKUNES BUGS, CABLES GUN, BAIKENS LOOPS, HSIEN KOS SPIKES, AND DIOS WRYYYYYYYYY HUUURRRRRRR SOOO GOOOOODDDD MMMUUUUUUURRRRRRRR

Oh AND I JUST LOOOOVE NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE WHAT THE FUCK MY OPONENT IS DOING AND SEEING A SHITLOAD OF HITBOXES INSTEAD MMMMMM SOOOO GOOOOOD

Na it's pretty fun, I just mad

Ravidrath

To note, almost all Konami-related XBLA games have had issues with loading. Hard Corps uprising has horrid load times on 360, and Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgement worked well for me in the demo, but after that, the game started to have like 3 minute load times for stages.

Copying the games to quality USB drives helped sometimes, but otherwise, it seems to be an issue that never was entirely fixed on those games, to my knowledge.

No idea how or why this could be a Konami thing... all the games mentioned are made by different developers, and they're all packaged by Microsoft's tool.

Although...

We did have an early package that somehow got puffed up to 3 gigs by MS's tool, and its load times were significantly better.

Maybe there are settings for speed vs. size? And Konami always goes with size to save on bandwidth costs?

Load times are significantly faster in the PS3 demo I played. Most noticeably when going into character selection.

Was the little bomb dude supposed to be moving smoothly while loading? Usually when there's a spinning disc or something animated during load times they move pretty smoothly. Made me think something was up.

Also, looking forward to the added regions. Thanks for getting back on that so soon, Ravi

Loving the game so far. I'm surprised at how much I like playing as Painwheel since she's always been the most unappealing character to me.

I timed some of my load times and I average about 7-15 seconds on most loads. Playing the XBLA version.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Great game, awful last boss.

Not been this irritated by one since Guilty Gear.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Also I have gone 2 for 2 online. I am the king of the world. THE KING I TELLS YA!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Day two and the game is already stupid. 50% of a throw oh boy this game sure is good!

Not to mention it's the single most creatively bankrupt game of this generation. Do any of the characters have a SINGLE original move not stolen from a previous fighting game?
Ms. Fortune's head detachment may be just like Lieselotte's doll in Arcana Heart 3, but I don't think I've seen Parasoul's soldier dive before.

Gifted this game to a buddy....I got to check it out for myself and love how big the sprites are. Music and stages are really polish. Big ups to the sound crew. Amazing mixing, and SFX. Proper use of channels in this game. Fun game. Hope the folks that enjoy this game get into Guilty Gear when it drops this Summer on XBLA and PSN. Is the OST going to be up for sale soon? The reason I didn't buy this game for myself is because I really don't like the character designs at all. None of them clicked with me. Same thing happen with the Tekken series. I got into the series seriously when they included Dragonuv and Lili.....I'm strange like that.

Tokubetsu

Gifted this game to a buddy....I got to check it out for myself and love how big the sprites are. Music and stages are really polish. Big ups to the sound crew. Amazing mixing, and SFX. Proper use of channels in this game. Fun game. Hope the folks that enjoy this game get into Guilty Gear when it drops this Summer on XBLA and PSN. Is the OST going to be up for sale soon? The reason I didn't buy this game for myself is because I really don't like the character designs at all. None of them clicked with me. Same thing happen with the Tekken series. I got into the series seriously when they included Dragonuv and Lili.....I'm strange like that.

This is why we get along. You already know the style haha.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
No idea how or why this could be a Konami thing... all the games mentioned are made by different developers, and they're all packaged by Microsoft's tool.

Although...

We did have an early package that somehow got puffed up to 3 gigs by MS's tool, and its load times were significantly better.

Maybe there are settings for speed vs. size? And Konami always goes with size to save on bandwidth costs?

Must be something odd like that. I'd think "well, it's just a 2D thing!" if not for Vandal Hearts.

The loading hasn't bothered me much personally, but I would like to note that the credits keep skipping in their scroll (even when fast-forwarded, they would pause every second or so, and then go back to normal). Something similiar happens during loading, when, as mentioned above, the little bomb keeps stuttering in his walk cycle.

And a little suggestion: Some additonal UI when searching for ranked games would be nice. When it fails to find a ranked match, it just sits on "room is no longer available" or such, with no indication as to wheither it's searching again, or just waiting for your input.

hampig

After trying to play KoF13 online recently it really just makes me feel good to be able to hop online and actually play through an entire match.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Poking around Cerebella's movelist. Definitely reminds me of Kira from AH3 but without some of her wall/ground slam options and some other perks.

In high school, I read a short story called Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka. In it, the protagonist, Gregor Samsa transforms into an insect. Is Fillia's Gregor Sampson super a reference to this? Her hair turns into a butterfly.

remz

Holy snap motion picture soundtrack, you don't play around with Peacock do you? that was crazy :O!!

netcode from australian-> australian is the bomb. Just had some great games IMO.

Holy snap motion picture soundtrack, you don't play around with Peacock do you? that was crazy :O!!

netcode from australian-> australian is the bomb. Just had some great games IMO.

Haha yeah it seemed if I could keep her alive I'd win but if you took her out you cleaned the rest of my team up too. And yeah it's nice to play some games that aren't slideshows.

Galdelico

Hey Ravidrath: is it normal that I still see the 'unlock the full game' line (yet darkened out and made unselectable) even if I already purchased the game? XBLA version here.

Plus - since I really have nothing to complain about the game :D - I would have kept the text boxes on Story Mode always on screen, with the figures and the dialogues fading in and out, insted of having the whole screen going to black and popping out again every time people say their lines.

In high school, I read a short story called Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka. In it, the protagonist, Gregor Samsa transforms into an insect. Is Fillia's Gregor Sampson super a reference to this? Her hair turns into a butterfly.

That sounds like an on the button reference.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I think it has more to do with Fillia waking up with a monster for her hair.

Find your BnBs in various fighting forums. Just find your characters sub-forum/post.

Shoryuken
Shoryuken Wiki
Dustloop

Ill warn you that some of these are really extensive. The best one for Painwheel for instance is: c.lk c.mk s.hp xx Fly, DF + lk, land c.mk s.hp xx Fly, F + mk, land s.mk (3) s.hp xx QCF + lp, c.lp s.lk c.mk s.hk (3) xx jump, j.lp j.lk j.mk, land s.lp c.lk c.mk xx QCF + lk, c.mp (4) s.hp xx QCF + lp xx QCF + PP (9729) *Credit to Cougar of the SRK Forums for finding this

These are borderlining on TOD combos.

There isn't really much available right now... best get to experimenting and such for the time being. That combo is insane; will attempt to learn it.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Was the little bomb dude supposed to be moving smoothly while loading? Usually when there's a spinning disc or something animated during load times they move pretty smoothly. Made me think something was up.

Mine moves sort of smoothly. Although during the credits I would get a stutter in the movement every 4~ seconds which was quite annoying.

The only thing putting me off buying this is the long load times I am getting they are normally around 20~ seconds which kind of kills it for me. Ultra annoying when just changing tutorial levels.

Oh sure, it's even more exaggerated than Darkstalkers and it's a super budget game so I shouldn't complain that there are fewer frames of animation. I just think they overdo it with the overlapping frames and it makes it hard for me to tell what's happening. Like it's blurry or something, even though I know it's not.
messy is definitely a word i'd use to describe the graphics. i prefer functionality and practicality over anything else in fighting games. "hitbox: the game" sounds like a game i'd enjoy, and this game seems to be on the opposite end.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Fuck. Valentine's combos with green needles are sick. <3

Please share? :)

Anyone know the secret to unlocking the achievements and colors?

You know why Im mad at the creators of this game. FUCKING SUPER PISSED? How hard is it to put the option to hide the pause screen? I wanna see those little hidden tidbits of silly animation and stuff that the artist did damn it :(

At least, if there's a replay function added, I'd like to see freeze framing, slow mo, and fast forward available.

Well, looking through some threads on other forums, I've come up with a pretty simple DHC to do with Filia + Cerebella that new players might want to try out as it's somewhat simple to execute (still using the demo version because of dirty EU PSN Peasantness).

s.LP > s.LK > c.MK(1hit) > s.HP > jump cancel > j.LK > j.MK(2hits) > QCB+MK > QCB+KK Super > Dragon Punch+PP Super when they bounce back toward you > DHC into Cerebella's QCB+PP Super when Filia's Super has almost reached the ground > OTG c.LK > s.MK > s.Toward+HP Titan Knuckle with Cerebella. It's the one the OTG tutorial teaches you.

Does pretty much 70%+ hp against a two person team. The only execution troubles I'm having with it is the j.MK(2hits) into QCB+MK as it tends to require pretty precise timing. The rest is cake.

BadWolf

I've watched vids before and it didn't really connect with me gameplay-wise or visually and the quick play I had of the demo yesterday didn't really change that.

I'll give it another shot but it looks like I may pass on this one and continue waiting for VF5FS as the next fighter I'll be getting into alongside/after KOFXIII.

Gowans

We need a GAF gamertag to use friends of friends to invite gaffers.

I'm down for some games now if anyones around to school me while I'm on my lunch.

LakeEarth

Great game, awful last boss.

Not been this irritated by one since Guilty Gear.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Also I have gone 2 for 2 online. I am the king of the world. THE KING I TELLS YA!

I was angry at the boss too, but then I remembered I've been bitching about easy bosses for a while.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I generally start with HP then use every possible button button directly into HP and then finish with 3 HKs into a super. That was day one though so I'm not too sure it's the best damage you can get.

Hm, is there a way to combo into green needle and continue the combo? Like, would a simple aircombo into needle lead to extended hitstun so that the combo could continue where it would normally end?

So I'm beginning to think this game may be way out of my league. I can't beat the very first story fight. Tried maybe 7 times with Parasoul, couldn't do it :(

zlatko

Banned
I'm holding off until I finish up Xenoblade to buy this I think. Loading times and a few other issues make me think the first patch will be out by the time I wrap up Xblade.

Plus, more BnBs will be in place by then for me to just copy.

So is it 100% legit to just play Peacock vs someone who picks 3 characters?

impact

Banned

LOOK GUYS PEACOCK HAS ARAKUNES BUGS, CABLES GUN, BAIKENS LOOPS, HSIEN KOS SPIKES, AND DIOS WRYYYYYYYYY HUUURRRRRRR SOOO GOOOOODDDD MMMUUUUUUURRRRRRRR

Oh AND I JUST LOOOOVE NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE WHAT THE FUCK MY OPONENT IS DOING AND SEEING A SHITLOAD OF HITBOXES INSTEAD MMMMMM SOOOO GOOOOOD

Na it's pretty fun, I just mad
Throws are really good. Especially Painwheel. For a game that didn't want stupid shit in it I've sure seen a lot of stupid shit.

Top Bottom