• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You know why Im mad at the creators of this game. FUCKING SUPER PISSED? How hard is it to put the option to hide the pause screen? I wanna see those little hidden tidbits of silly animation and stuff that the artist did damn it :(

Threi

notag
You know why Im mad at the creators of this game. FUCKING SUPER PISSED? How hard is it to put the option to hide the pause screen? I wanna see those little hidden tidbits of silly animation and stuff that the artist did damn it :(
people have been pausing for panty shots since sf2 chun don't try to hide it

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
people have been pausing for panty shots since sf2 chun don't try to hide it

Oh I do that too, but guilty gear I spent prob 5 hours just pausing all the characters and looking through all the animations. You'd be shocked at how many secret little one frame shit they have in it.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Oh I do that too, but guilty gear I spent prob 5 hours just pausing all the characters and looking through all the animations. You'd be shocked at how many secret little one frame shit they have in it.

Theres a secret picture of my butt in all of my frames.

LakeEarth

I'm enjoying the game. Anyone have a fullscreen assist, ala drones?

Looked into it:

Peacock has a nice fullscreen bullet, and maybe having a custom assist for the bomb walking would be helpful.

Kudos to the developers giving a ping, bout time someone did it.

Esura

Banned
Well, hence my confusion~

I still can't get over the soundtrack. I was on a kind of blackout on this for quite some time and had no clue who was composing the music. It's instantly become one of my favorites in the last couple of years.

The soundtrack is pretty good. Sounds like some old stuff my Grandma listened to from the 1940's or something but better. Yamane is the best.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Well, hence my confusion~

I still can't get over the soundtrack. I was on a kind of blackout on this for quite some time and had no clue who was composing the music. It's instantly become one of my favorites in the last couple of years.

To be fair, Yamane didnt do all of the soundtrack.

SupaNaab

Find your BnBs in various fighting forums. Just find your characters sub-forum/post.

Shoryuken
Shoryuken Wiki
Dustloop

Ill warn you that some of these are really extensive. The best one for Painwheel for instance is: c.lk c.mk s.hp xx Fly, DF + lk, land c.mk s.hp xx Fly, F + mk, land s.mk (3) s.hp xx QCF + lp, c.lp s.lk c.mk s.hk (3) xx jump, j.lp j.lk j.mk, land s.lp c.lk c.mk xx QCF + lk, c.mp (4) s.hp xx QCF + lp xx QCF + PP (9729) *Credit to Cougar of the SRK Forums for finding this

These are borderlining on TOD combos.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry

I want this too! For silly animation bits AND panty shots. I don't give a fuck!!

vg260

I'm thrilled someone finally nailed the button config. I played on a pad up until recently, and awful button configs drive me crazy. I couldn't believe how poorly thought out the one in MvC2 for 360/PS3 was for pad users. This is the first one that finally caters to everyone; quick select AND you can assign any button combo you want to the open buttons without scrolling through a list. Finally! This should be the standard in every fighter.

shaowebb

I'm enjoying the game. Anyone have a fullscreen assist, ala drones?

Looked into it:

Peacock has a nice fullscreen bullet, and maybe having a custom assist for the bomb walking would be helpful.

Kudos to the developers giving a ping, bout time someone did it.

Maybe you could use Parasoul's summon of the motorcycle guy. I haven't checked it yet, but it would force people to jump at least. Opposite of that would be Peacock's plane bomb to keep em grounded. Neither really locks down or keeps people boppin around for combos like drones though.

LakeEarth

Peacock is pure troll. I love it.

I wouldn't worry about those super insane long combos. I'd be more concerned to have a planned bnb for different situations, ground to air, air to air, after air throws, etc.

I like how you CAN play this as a 1v1, and if you do, you get 2 rounds. Really neat idea.

Thanks shadowebb.

shaowebb

Peacock is pure troll. I love it.

I wouldn't worry about those super insane long combos. I'd be more concerned to have a planned bnb for different situations, ground to air, air to air, after air throws, etc.

I like how you CAN play this as a 1v1, and if you do, you get 2 rounds. Really neat idea.

Thanks shadowebb.

LOL. Shadowebb is my ultimate form, but it takes 5 bars and a degree for me to resurrect as him. I'm still just Vanilla Shaowebb.

Still not as awesome as Intelliheath being read Intellihealth, but I still crack up everytime I see it.

LakeEarth

My bad, playing while making posts. Accuracy not guarenteed.

Does this game have double KOs? Cause we killed each other at the same time, but my death happened first and it said "defeat". Or is it second dead wins?

El Sloth

Banned
I'm doing pretty well online despite not knowing a single combo (well one, but I can't do it). Just controlling space with Peacock with two assists backing her up. I should probably start learning some though.

Anyone have some Peacock bnb's they've been using? The one I know goes: st. LP, st LK, st. MP, st. MK, jump, j.LP, j.LK (just the 1st hit), j.MP, airdash, j.LP, j.MP, land, st. LP, st. MP, st. HP xx qcf.M xx qcf.PP

It's from the iPlaywinner video a while back. I keep dropping it after the airdash. Timing is off.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Yoshinori Ono said:
The Skullgirls team kindly let me get my hands on the game while it was still in the development stage. I think it's a good crystallization of what it is to genuinely create a game where your hands aren't so tightly bound by a publisher.

Man, Capcpom getting blown up internally now. Good to see that he likes it!

Ravidrath

I replied to Ono in Japanese.

I thanked him, and said were were all tired and happy about the release. I then said "Let's bring Skullgirls to Japan together!"

Jhoan

Just tried the trial out. Man, the load times are horrible for 360 version. I boot up the game *loading* I watch an FMV then wait for the title screen *loading* I load up a tutorial *loading.* It sticks out like a sore thumb.

That said as a casual fighting game fan, I like it a lot. It's pretty accessible and simple to pull off advanced techniques and combos. Plus the game is gorgeous to boot; it's pretty charming. I love the references in the background as well as the Looney Tunes references.

I might just bite on it since enjoyed it. The last time I spent 1200 MSP on a XBLA game, I regretted it (it was Castle Crashers; I didn't like it that much; it wasn't worth 1200MSP). Something tells me this game might just be worth it despite the bad load times which I'm willing to endure with. It seems to have a lot of value for 1200 MSP.

Ravidrath

Regarding 360 load times, we're hearing WILDLY disparate numbers from people.

Some are reporting, like... 2 minute load times on things that others are saying are like 10 seconds for them.

Not sure what's up with this, except that maybe there's a hard drive fragmentation issue or something?

Tizoc

Pandora was kept useless, and gems at least the way they were handled Id blame on the higher ups.

Anyways, anyone up for some games right now? west coast

I'll continue this in the SFxT thread later so as not to go off-topic here.

Ravi, sorry for asking this but when can we expact an update/patch to include the movelists? Just telling my bro's the commands won't be enough for them to utilize them seeing as, for example, Parasoul's Dwn, Up moves have different effects depending on the button used.

Ravidrath

Ravi, sorry for asking this but when can we expact an update/patch to include the movelists? Just telling my bro's the commands won't be enough for them to utilize them seeing as, for example, Parasoul's Dwn, Up moves have different effects depending on the button used.

No idea - we still need to talk to Autumn and plan out what will be in the first patch and how long it will take to develop. Once that's done it needs to be tested for a week, etc.

We're going to do it as quickly as we can, but it's still going to take a while.

Jhoan

Some are reporting, like... 2 minute load times on things that others are saying are like 10 seconds for them.

Not sure what's up with this, except that maybe there's a hard drive fragmentation issue or something?

I'm exaggerating when I say it's horrible. I should clarify: I think they take about 10-15 seconds or so a piece. It's not that bad I would say. I wouldn't call the load times a deal breaker because the game as a whole positively outweighs the load times. Since I don't have the full game, I can't really say if there's long load times in between endings.

d0c_zaius

peacock is like having zappas ghosts 24/7 with cables viper beam mixed with the sound of impending death from the sky.

grab super and steamroller are the best!

Yo Ravidrath, can you get Australia/New Zealand added as a region? Closest region is Japan and that's around 150ms ping

The way it works now, even if there are people nearby, they're getting paired up with people nowhere near them

Seconding this, although im waiting for it to drop on NZ PSN :(

Ravidrath

Yo Ravidrath, can you get Australia/New Zealand added as a region? Closest region is Japan and that's around 150ms ping

The way it works now, even if there are people nearby, they're getting paired up with people nowhere near them

Yeah, we've already made plans to more regions to the list.

Tizoc

No idea - we still need to talk to Autumn and plan out what will be in the first patch and how long it will take to develop. Once that's done it needs to be tested for a week, etc.

We're going to do it as quickly as we can, but it's still going to take a while.

Wicked~ I also want to point that I've got no loading issues ATM, but would like to see them improved..even though it'd mean I won't see the cartoon bomb for more than 1 or 2 seconds =/

Jamie OD

I really want to like this game but it's just not clicking for me so far. The personalities, fluff and art style are all great but I'm just not crazy enough into fighting games to get my head around this stuff. However, I'm happy I bought it and hope it becomes a big success for these guys.

Tokubetsu

Haha, that was my idea.

Originally, we were going to have her be half-cat-like all the time... and I thought it might be funnier if she was constantly switching between all-cat and all-human noises.

Please give a pat to your sound guy as well please. Like I said, most impressive fighting game audio I've encountered outside of MK. Love that the action switches channels based on which part of the screen the action is.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

To note, almost all Konami-related XBLA games have had issues with loading. Hard Corps uprising has horrid load times on 360, and Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgement worked well for me in the demo, but after that, the game started to have like 3 minute load times for stages.

Copying the games to quality USB drives helped sometimes, but otherwise, it seems to be an issue that never was entirely fixed on those games, to my knowledge.

Top Bottom