• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

CPS2

What other game references are there?
I recognized "miserable pile of secrets" (Castlevania SotN) and rise from your grave (Altered Beast) too.

I noticed "madman cafe." Not really a videogame reference but a reference to an old fighting game website.

Ravidrath

My favorite tweet:

@SkullgirlsJP It is existence of Double-chan that I was impressed. Overseas game creators converted "The thing" into a moe-character...oh

Sorry if it's been asked before, but any news on the EU PSN release yet? I've been anticipating this game for so long and just playing the demo without online versus is excruciating.

We don't have a confirmed release date yet for EU/AZN PSN yet, unfortunately. Hopefully by the end of the month.

NEO0MJ

Something just occurred to me. Whatever happened to the character specific stage remix?

Also, any videos of clever usage of Double's level 5? It's fun but I'm hoping there's more to it than that.

Beats

went 35 - 21 against beats just now . . . was doing good at first, but then he came back on me lol

my double is so ass

Those were some good games :p

It took me a while to get used to your Double, and that level 5 caught me a few times. I'm not really sure what to do when it happens other than eating the chips.

d0c_zaius

Gah, this game is so good. Even when I get swagged on, I don't even mind. It's like "oh, that's a sick combo right there" and I know it's due to the other person just plain styling, and me screwing up. Gah. SO FUN.

totally.

at the same time, its so entertaining to have someone run into every bomb, cannonball, gunshot, then get slammed by a giant elephant into a beam super.

Those were some good games :p

It took me a while to get used to your Double, and that level 5 caught me a few times. I'm not really sure what to do when it happens other than eating the chips.

I think finishing me off before I get to level 5 would be best. There were a few times where the chip wouldn't have killed you, but you pushed a button and took a few solid hits that did you in.

Dizzy-4U

at the same time, its so entertaining to have someone run into every bomb, cannonball, gunshot, then get slammed by a giant elephant into a beam super.
ZCPrb.gif

I noticed "madman cafe." Not really a videogame reference but a reference to an old fighting game website.
Wow... I haven't been to that website in over a decade.

Am I the only one here that feels like each character's moves are too busy? As gorgeous as the animation is, I find it very hard to tell what each attack is supposed to be doing.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Parasoul is so nasty. I think I'm about ready to start teams, any broken assits discovered?

Every assist that is really good at one point is really open at another as far as I have seen

Wow... I haven't been to that website in over a decade.

Am I the only one here that feels like each character's moves are too busy? As gorgeous as the animation is, I find it very hard to tell what each attack is supposed to be doing.
I love all the animation, just play more or try out the characters yourself to see what things do what.

Galdelico

Please, tell me there's an unlockable art gallery somewhere in the game...
Edit: didn't read that 'coming soon' in the description, sorry. ^^

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Why are you guys shocked the huge titted girls are the most common? :p One and a hot nurse? AND A NINJA!? That's like so many fetishes in one are you shocked? :p

joe2187

Banned
I like Fortune, but I kinda hate the head stuff.

I love the mechanic, the fact that the head takes damage is pretty good risk and reward thing. I love that kind of challenge, makes winning with her all the more awesome, I should really try and learn other characters but I love playing with fortune so much.

I found a pretty decent basic BNB that can lead into many different options but overall seems like ending it with her feral edge does more damage overall.

st.lk-st.mk-st.hk jump forward, j.lp-j.mp-j.mk QCB.hp wait for them to hit the ground OTG with Omnmom head grab follow up with rekkas+super or tiger knee into feral edge.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Why are you guys shocked the huge titted girls are the most common? :p One and a hot nurse? AND A NINJA!? That's like so many fetishes in one are you shocked? :p

Haha, I expected a lot of Filia since she's the "main" character but I haven't seen anything but this grappling son of a bitch.

joe2187

Banned
I'd like to know this as well.

No online achievos as far as 360 goes, not sure about PS3

most have to deal with character specific actions, doing air dashes with fillia, being headless for set amount of time with Ms Fortune, Using egrets and so and whatnot. if you read the descriptions to the achievements its not hard to figure out. getting peacocks is going to be a giant pain in the ass though...so many random drops and they have to hit!

No online achievos as far as 360 goes, not sure about PS3

most have to deal with character specific actions, doing air dashes with fillia, being headless for set amount of time with Ms Fortune, Using egrets and so and whatnot. if you read the descriptions to the achievements its not hard to figure out. getting peacocks is going to be a giant pain in the ass though...so many random drops and they have to hit!

No Achievements/Trophies require online play. As long as you do the thing in any non-training mode, you are workings towards them.

<3 Thank you. The way all fighting game trophies/achievements should be imo.

ShadowNinja64

Neo Member
Painwheel is a lot of fun to mess around with and just see what you can make work combo-wise. Here's one that I came up with with the intention of making a combo with as much screen carry as possible:

c.LK c.MK s.HP XX fly, f j.MK s.LK s.MP sjc j.HP(3 hits) j.HK, s.LP s.MP sjc j.MP(4 hits) j.HP(3 hits) j.HK, c.LK s.MP sjc j.LK j.MK XX fly, d/f j.LP j.LK, c.LP c.LK c.MP(4 hits) s.HP XX qcf+LP, f+HK+HK+HK+HK XX qcf+HK, land super (does 7378ish)

I had to revise it once or twice due to character inconsistencies, but I believe this version now works for all cases. You could also potentially extend it by either cancelling the s.HP at the end into fully charged spin dash or just doing the full charge spin dash after the qcf+LP, but in both cases your timing on activating and your mashing both have to be fairly precise for the spin dash to combo.

Ravidrath

<3 Thank you. The way all fighting game trophies/achievements should be imo.

I did extensive polling on forums to establish the parameters for them, to make sure we didn't have stuff people didn't like. We tried to get a full Platinum on PS3, but, alas...

Their overall goal is to get you to play the game we made: if you're using the unique traits of the characters and using all of the game's various features, you will unlock things in time.

SkullGirls Story Mode w/Maximilian
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H43VcZh53e0&feature=channel&list=UL

SkullGirls Online Ranked Games by Maximilian
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gHwsnK76Bw&feature=relmfu

Edit: Dammit

I watched Max' previous assist me/online warrior videos and they are really helpful from a spectator point of view. Watching him go through tutorial mode's tech lessons gave me a better sense of timing and I'm getting my techs down faster than before. I hope he keeps it up. Skullgirls is also XBLA's top seller for now. We shouldn't settle for anything less than XBLA's all time best seller!
You know why Im mad at the creators of this game. FUCKING SUPER PISSED? How hard is it to put the option to hide the pause screen? I wanna see those little hidden tidbits of silly animation and stuff that the artist did damn it :(
Pressing select was one of the very first things I did when I paused the game. BlazBlue spoiled me with that. I love being in able to see the inbetween frames for fighting games and I know Skullgirls is full of funny frames. Peacock is chocked full of creepy stuff in between. :p
Well, we're having a Norcal Skull Girls tourney feat. Dacidbro, Copperdabbit, and more from the usual Norcal Install scene. If you're interested the tourney happens tomorrow (4/14) at 3pm PST on www.twitch.tv/fineskto
I'm definitely going to tune in. Last month's Super NCI was one of the better tournaments I spectated this year. Everyone should tune in for this weekend's tournament. These guys are practically guaranteed to give us the highest level Skullgirls play in the coming months.

shaowebb

Parasoul is so nasty. I think I'm about ready to start teams, any broken assits discovered?

Double's move where she turns into Cerebella flying across at you with her ass is great. Takes up a lot of room and buys you time...pushes too. Also Painwheel's move where she fires the fingers that create 4 arching projectiles is also pretty slick. Of course I'm playing full zone Peacock so maybe I'm just over estimating how valuable those are to other cast. I'm betting Painwheel's fingers would work good with Parasoul's traps though.

Galdelico

After finishing the Story Mode with Parasoul, Valentine and Double I find myself quite curious about the symbology put into the game (if it's already been discussed, sorry in advance): I'm italian and seeing all this stuff about 'mafia', Lorenzo (de') Medici, upside-down crosses, evil nuns, a church turned into a fighting arena... It made me wonder what kind of references the team must have used, in order to draw this very unique scenario.

i'm not used to doing huge ass combos but I do like Filia the most so far, her moves work better with how I try to play and she has some good get in quick combos I feel, not going online any time soon I will be smashed into the ground lol.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Peacock is kind of a bitch to get close to, but once you do, yeah, shes done.

Im glad the AI plays her properly too, good practice for ranked.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
^ Invite sent! Connection was kind of on and off this morning but it's been stable for hours now. Preemptive sorry if it disconnects.

Also still no 10th palette?

Tobe

ok anything above 130 ping is not awful but its kinda bad. had a couple of matches around 110 and its smooth i really wish there was someone i could try playing at 30 ping.

Dartastic

ok anything above 130 ping is not awful but its kinda bad. had a couple of matches around 110 and its smooth i really wish there was someone i could try playing at 30 ping.
It's perfect. Seriously, it's perfect. It feels like playing offline. Make sure to search only your region.

Top Bottom