• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Seriously though, painwheel is a really awesome character. She's so unorthodox, props really for creating her. My favorite so far is still Valentine but I really want to learn painwheel because of how different she is.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
...Do other FGC threads do this kind of thing? Coming up with combos, posting them, etc.?

Because it's pretty awesome.

SGs thread does it better, because the game hasn't been as spoiled for months, like most other fighters are. Something nice about no arcade release, no "watch Japan play it in arcades before you get it!", for once.

The only comparable fighter the US has gotten their hands onto that they had this kinda chance with has been... what... MK9? And that was MK9, so it doesn't really count...
/burn

And unlike SFxT or even MvC3, this doesn't have a cast that we've gotten used to their stuff over the years, so it's even more interesting than with most other iterative releases.

...Do other FGC threads do this kind of thing? Coming up with combos, posting them, etc.?

Because it's pretty awesome.

I think the fact that the only limitation on combos is the infinite prevention system adds a huge deal to the game in regards to the combos I use. I'm not going to drop the bnb's I come up with for the sake of 500 damage or so.

My current Painwheel bnb mid screen: HP, fly, 6MK, HP, fly, 3LK, 2LK 2MK 2HP, 22 piano kicks, LP MP 9HP HK, super, DHC

If a game lets a huge amount of different combos work I'd rather go with what I come up with over the max damage if there's not too much difference.

I think the fact that the only limitation on combos is the infinite prevention system adds a huge deal to the game in regards to the combos I use. I'm not going to drop the bnb's I come up with for the sake of 500 damage or so.

My current Painwheel bnb mid screen: HP, fly, 6MK, HP, fly, 3LK, 2LK 2MK 2HP, 22 piano kicks, LP MP 9HP HK, super, DHC

If a game lets a huge amount of different combos work I'd rather go with what I come up with over the max damage if there's not too much difference.

Yeah it's good fun making combos which work in your own style and that is better overall

Who wants to wait for their turn anyway? Why would I want to watch others play when I'm the best.

Yeah it's good fun making combos which work in your own style and that is better overall

I really like the lines that the game draws (no infinite, no uncrackable) which go along with the mantra of player individuality. It plays plays like MVC2 with no bullshit and I'm really enjoying it because of that.

shaowebb

During the third form of fighting marie, on ridiculous, without ever getting hit.

Nightmare fuel. Forms 1 and 2 aren't really a problem but final form Marie is harsh to avoid damage on because you can expect at least some amount of chip from all her projectiles. Best character I've found for final form Marie is Valentine for the air hyper swag doing so much punish to her. For the other 2 forms Peacock owns them free.

On a sidenote this game is awesome. Just thought I'd mention it again :D

I'm utterly confused by the reliance of this post and I'm still da bes.

I just feel that the limitations of lobbies that I've seen in vanilla MvC3 has made me realise I don't want to watch players use characters different to me against other opponents, I'd rather play a set than wait a turn. With that said I do think Mike Z's solution of people in lobbies constantly play each other is the best solution, and I really look forward to that being patched in. Fighting an opponent from a pool of 7 different players constantly sure as hell beats waiting for 7 people to finish a game if I lose for sure.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Nightmare fuel. Forms 1 and 2 aren't really a problem but final form Marie is harsh to avoid damage on because you can expect at least some amount of chip from all her projectiles. Best character I've found for final form Marie is Valentine for the air hyper swag doing so much punish to her. For the other 2 forms Peacock owns them free.

On a sidenote this game is awesome. Just thought I'd mention it again :D

Peacock destroys all three forms. Her j.HK or whatever it is that throws that multihit projectile finishes the last form off easily.

shaowebb

Peacock destroys all three forms. Her j.HK or whatever it is that throws that multihit projectile finishes the last form off easily.

Is that the shotgun? Because thats all I used on Marie to off the final form. You can't outzone Peacock. I don't even care that you're the end boss Marie. Peacock laughs at you.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Right now, my bnb with Peacock: Garbage Day -> Argus Agony (on block or hit).

Not even sure what to do with her, which is shameful since I liked Baiken so much. :/

FSLink

Banned
^ Yep. Should be:
360: Down, RB, Up, LB, Y, B
PS3: Down, R1, Up, L1, [], X

EDIT: Done at the controller screen right before the character select screen for Local.

Tizoc

^SRK Forums has a thread for pointing out the shout outs and references.

Anyone got any Cerebella combos? I keep doing basic stuff for 4000-6000 damage.
In fact this one time I did a 7000 damage combo but...I forgot how I did it =V

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ravidrath, you guys should put in the ability to get a clean pause screen. Unless it's in already..

Right, but most the references are from other games.

A ticket game is still a game! Technically spin to win is not in LoL AT ALL. It's just a fan thing :p

Finally got a chance to play this game.

Animates like a beauty and is super tight, feels really responsive. Pretty much right next to KOF as far as feeling in control goes. Really, really good stuff and the custom assists are awesome.

Will buy as soon as I get some extra monies. Awesome stuff.

Have I mentioned how pretty it is? Yeesh. Now I understand why people want their 2D sprites.

^ Yep. Should be:
360: Down, RB, Up, LB, Y, B
PS3: Down, R1, Up, L1, [], X

EDIT: Done at the controller screen right before the character select screen for Local.

Awwwwwwesooooooome.

I like that for the 9th color, you don't have to actually use the character, just have them win while you're playing.

Fortune's 9th unlocked halfway through my set against Q. That's the only reason I know you can get them from losing.

skullgirls on 360 seems to crash to dashboard when quitting from the training room, happened to me twice now just after loading when the music for the menu kicks in, everything goes black and i'm back on the 360 dash.

Top Bottom