• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Axis

GGs axis not sure why it was getting so laggy at the end haha.

peacock was boring the connection to death

ggs. not sure why shit was dropping that game as opposed to others...been hitting that combo 95% of the time and i hit it maybe twice that entire set

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
peacock was boring the connection to death

ggs. not sure why shit was dropping that game as opposed to others...been hitting that combo 95% of the time and i hit it maybe twice that entire set

Dropping which? The fortune air super or the filia one?

Also be nice to peacock ;_; No more boring than every filia using that mp - mk - mp thing online haha.

I just played someone online using a solo peacock vs my peacock x double. I raw tagged into double just as the other peacock did the beam super, but then no beam came out and double's raw tag hit them fullscreen. Yahoo!

I just lost a game I should have won because Peacock's super has a hit box behind her. It takes quite a bit of work to get the push block on time which lets you super jump and dash/fly out of it after the first beam, then I still got denied...

Also be nice to peacock ;_; No more boring than every filia using that mp - mk - mp thing online haha.

lp, lk, c.mk, s.hp, j.mp into her wheel move then super, woo that's about as good as I can get it right now from mid screen with filia

Axis

I just played someone online using a solo peacock vs my peacock x double. I raw tagged into double just as the other peacock did the beam super, but then no beam came out and double's raw tag hit them fullscreen. Yahoo!

I don't really play Ms. Fortune I was just trying some shit out.

Filia combo of IAD mp > hk, c.lp, c.lk, c.mk, s.hp superjump j.lp, j.mp(all hits), j.mk(2 hits) air dash forward, j.mp(all hits), s.lp, s.mk, s.hp xx DP xx DP super. does like 6k-ish for basically free...but for some reason peacock kept dropping out >_<

wow parasol has some nasty ground kick combos into down back punch super.

Filia combo of IAD mp > hk, c.lp, c.lk, c.mk, s.hp superjump j.lp, j.mp(all hits), j.mk(2 hits) air dash forward, j.mp(all hits), s.lp, s.mk, s.hp xx DP xx DP super. does like 6k-ish for basically free...but for some reason peacock kept dropping out >_<

hah the day I pull that combo off... :(

Axis

hah the day I pull that combo off... :(

i can squeeze more damage out by switching it up but that seems to be really stable as a mid-screen bnb for decent damage. you can do it!

in the corner you can add an OTG by just doing land > s.lp, s.mk, s.hk, c.lk, c.mk, s.hp xx dp xx dp super

GatorBait

Hmm...at the beginning of the story mode walkthough, I see this place:

85350992.jpg

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Finally finished story mode. F U Marie. Geeze. I think I might run through the hardest difficulty when I level up.

I really, really, really want more of the story. :(

Peacock had the badass Hellsing references all throughout her storyline. <3

joe2187

Banned
Watching the maximillian videos I think he pointed out a pretty glaring error in the Tutorial, one of the mechanics that some people new to MVC3 didn't really grasp.

Advancing guard/Push blocking and air blocking. Is it there? I dont remember it really being explained in the tutorial. Seems basic to most games of this type, but anyone who is any familiar with regular 1v1 fighters might not understand this.

This game especially, sometimes I get caught in a nasty block string and then i forget, I can push block this shit! get outta my face!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Sweet after about 30 mins of messing around with it. I figured out a nice easy to do 6k combo off a random fiber uppercut :D

623Lk~k, j.Lk, j.Hk, c.Lk, s.Hk, j.Mp, j.Hp, dash cancel, j.Mk, 214Hp, land and dash, c.Mk, s.Hk, j.Lp, j.Mp, j.Mk, j.Hk, 214kk

Tobe

Watching the maximillian videos I think he pointed out a pretty glaring error in the Tutorial, one of the mechanics that some people new to MVC3 didn't really grasp.

Advancing guard/Push blocking and air blocking. Is it there? I dont remember it really being explained in the tutorial. Seems basic to most games of this type, but anyone who is any familiar with regular 1v1 fighters might not understand this.

This game especially, sometimes I get caught in a nasty block string and then i forget, I can push block this shit! get outta my face!

its weird cause its a combination of different pushbocks types from different games, im not sure but i think that mike z said at some point. e.g you cant mash block (at least i havent been able to mash push like marvel) i also believe it has some sort of guard cancel property at some point during the push block, e.g you are stuck at a string, you push block and dp out of it.

but since we cant record (not hating here, its just unfortunate) we cant test it.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Something in the Story Mode bugs me a lot. Why the dialog box fades out and fades in after each line of dialogue?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

No, it doesn't cover that which also surprised me. It also has you do filla's 214k move without saying the motion, when it did a good job earlier making sure it told you how to do each move.

its weird cause its a combination of different pushbocks types from different games, im not sure but i think that mike z said at some point. e.g you cant mash block (at least i havent been able to mash push like marvel) i also believe it has some sort of guard cancel property at some point during the push block, e.g you are stuck at a string, you push block and dp out of it.

but since we cant record (not hating here, its just unfortunate) we cant test it.

I believe push block's pretty standard outside of the fact that if you push-block during a multi-hit move it won't push them back, however you'll recover after the push-block animation finish. I could be wrong but as I said in my previous post if you push-block at the end of the beam in Peacocks super it's much easier to super jump out of.

On another note custom assists are a Godsend in this game. Valentine's s.HP is such a useful combo, it can lock down opponents after a blocked flying HK or standing HP so you can get a free high/low fly mix-up, it can be used during a jumping charged HP for an amazing left/right mix-up. Alternatively you can just use it as a ground poke when you're flying and be an annoying jerk.

Tobe

that combo also doesnt work from a corner throw :( it just activates the IPS

Down Up Left Left X Right Down. A would be the 360 version.

Where should the code be inputted? The locked 10th colour display in character select?

In any case... codes in fighting games.

Raging Demon is a code - LP LP LK Back HP.
The MK series has codes.

These ideas from a post on Dustloop:
Did anybody try the DBZ classic code?
(notation based on PS)
UP, Triangle, Down, X, L, Square, R, Circle, I'm not sure if Mike would add anything else after it though.

There's also the KOF 95 code.....(long shot)
Hold Start: Up+circle, right+square, left+X, Down+Triangle.

Are there any codes in any of the VS games? That'd be my first suspicion.

damn the last boss is a real bitch, you can't stun her, you can't combo her correctly, she has 1000 projectiles which are so annoying.

up there with worst fighting boss currently, like someone said before this boss fights completely differently to everything you learn getting there.

Axis

that combo also doesnt work from a corner throw :( it just activates the IPS

the s.mk whiffs on painwheel for me, too...so i have to substitute s.mp. no big deal but still...annoying!

i'll have to figure out something off of a throw. i'm trying to not watch videos so i can just figure this shit out on my own but i might break down soon >_<

peacock is only boring to those on the receiving end of gunblades and cannonballs

a joke.

In MvC1, there is one you can input to choose your own assist. I forget what it is though.

there's also codes for gold war machine and red venom...i believe roll, as well

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
In MvC1, there is one you can input to choose your own assist. I forget what it is though.
It's different for each assist (and there were dozens of them).

Do we even know where we're supposed to input this supposed code? My guess would be that the inputs are based off of game functions (LP, LK, etc) and not controller button labels, since those differ between consoles.

I might try out the Alpha 3 unlock codes later. IIRC, the raging demon input was even used as a character unlock code in the operator menu for that game.

no one in europe seems to be playing online, well it is gone midnight.

time to lag out east coasters!

so much for that, no one wants to play against 150 ping.

this sucks.

no one in europe seems to be playing online, well it is gone midnight.

time to lag out east coasters!

so much for that, no one wants to play against 150 ping.

this sucks.

Add me on live (tag's on the front page), I'll be on in a few minutes as Powerup doesn't look like it's ever going to start.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
It's different for each assist (and there were dozens of them).

Do we even know where we're supposed to input this supposed code? My guess would be that the inputs are based off of game functions (LP, LK, etc) and not controller button labels, since those differ between consoles.

I might try out the Alpha 3 unlock codes later. IIRC, the raging demon input was even used as a character unlock code in the operator menu for that game.

Oops true. Forgot, since Colossus was about the only one that was used. lol

prwxv3

Does winning with three characters in verses mode help you gain toward the 9th color palet for each character on your team?

Top Bottom