• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

NEO0MJ

No one in the middle east seems to be playing it either =(
Or maybe I can't find them. Will we get more locations in the Future Ravidrath?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Ravi put up a new Fanart Friday yesterday, managed to finish my illustration just in time for it to make it :D

skullgirls.jpg

If you want an Omega size, 300 dpi, printable version, go here

Also, since this is SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTING: THE POST: REVENGEANCE, Im linking my twitter, blog, tumblr and DA

Aaaand Im done,any East Coasters wanna play? PSN: Xavipants

Ravidrath

why.jpg

I thought that I was picking the right thing unless i'm just not seeing it.

*edit* I thought xbla games were not allowed to close like that? anyway you can just guide button + y to do the same thing in any game anyway.

We were forced to do this, and are going to try to get it removed now...

d0c_zaius

Bottom line is that's a pretty stupid reason not to buy a fighting game. If a fighting game interests you, an in game move list is one of the last things you should worry about.

Not only that, but considering the meat of the product (the gameplay) is amazing, its incredibly silly and short sighted to degrade the entire product and refuse to support it, but then expect it to get better and have more features added. I also wonder if the same people asking for a move list realize that most in game move lists are incomplete and lack necessary explanation. They probably dont even notice.

Plus its only 15$. Common people.

alstein

What's a good Peacock Assist for Cerebella, I use Excellebella for Peacock, and I think that works, but I don't think George at the Air Show works for Cerebella that well.

I could always use teleport for a LOL factor.

Steaks

Hey Ravidrath, you may have missed it or know about it already, but I mentioned there's a bug that prevents the game from being played if you choose select stage as 2P in versus online, since apparently 2p can't select stages and it takes you directly to that screen. Once it times out, nothing happens and both players are stuck.

A player has to exit out of the game or restart their console to fix it.

I played through the tutorial last night (great job with that), then launched into the story. Chose default difficulty, and had no problems until I got to the final boss. Fuck. Her. I tried to beat her for over an hour with no success. Very nearly tossed my stick off the balcony.

Any tips? I might try the "get her health down and wait it out" cheap-o tactic. I don't care about being cheap when that boss might be the cheapest and dumbest I have ever seen in a fighter. Such bullshit.

Other than that ruining my first experience, I like the game. As soon as I beat story mode I'll take it online and forget that boss ever existed.

galvatron

I played through the tutorial last night (great job with that), then launched into the story. Chose default difficulty, and had no problems until I got to the final boss. Fuck. Her. I tried to beat her for over an hour with no success. Very nearly tossed my stick off the balcony.

Any tips? I might try the "get her health down and wait it out" cheap-o tactic. I don't care about being cheap when that boss might be the cheapest and dumbest I have ever seen in a fighter. Such bullshit.

Other than that ruining my first experience, I like the game. As soon as I beat story mode I'll take it online and forget that boss ever existed.

I kept telling myself that same thing as I beat story mode last night. Marie just makes me feel like I brought a fighting game character to a cave shmup. I had the worst time with valentine and pain wheel. The experience reminded me of that f-zero gx rant: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=711267

You have to block, constantly, because you can't combo her. She doesn't go into hitstun. The battle is gonna be won one attack at a time. She does retarded chip, so you need to avoid attacks and not just block them. She announces everything before she does it, and most of her attacks are slow, so just read them and avoid, or block when you have to.

Try not to take much damage on the first time forms, because the third is where the unavoidable chip really comes into play.

And if you're getting frustrated, take a break, because playing while frustrated just makes you make more mistakes, causing that endless cycle of broken controllers.

SupaNaab

I don't think it's been mentioned here yet but Double's srk.HK assist is probably the best in the game at the moment. :| It's enough that a lot of players seem to be defaulting to her on multi-char teams solely for it.

If a fighting game interests you, an in game move list is one of the last things you should worry about.

Funny, it was one of the first things I worried about. My friends were playing this with me yesterday, and we were laughing at the "oh, just do random commands till you figure it out!" advice we saw in this thread. I tried that with Cerebella for 5 minutes, said "fuck this" and looked for the SRK wiki.

Looking forward to the movelist patch for sure.

I was playing with friends last night and we were surprised how strong Ms. Fortune's severed head is.

It should not be allowed to interrupt supers. That's just stupid.

On the fence. Don't now how much id even play the game. Small roster, plus i dont feel like grinding combos forever.

I know I'll probably play it for two weeks and never try again, but I bought it solely to support the team and their design philosophies. It's going to be a great game to watch at tournaments.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Heard nothing but good things about this from fighting game players of all sorts of backgrounds

gonna pick this up on monday

Who's week 1 top tier? Was gonna rock Valentine based on design alone

V_Arnold

I gotta tell this :D

I have a friend who usually destroys me in FG's, cause I always go the hard way and pick some chars that are not as easy as the chars he choses :p Not validating my losses, those are still losses. Anyway. In this game, I picked Parasoul, he picked Valentine (no surprises :p)

Skullgirls day1: 18-6 (to him)
Skullgirls day2: 10-9 (to him)

Today: 10-0 - for me! :D Hell yeah! I am so happy. Parasoul REALLY clicks with me. I can do pressure, I can do keepaway. I can chip, I can grab, I can mix it up constantly. Even Viper did not click with me this much, and that was after YEARS of playing her. Parasoul, however? Dear lord....

Thank you, Skullgirls development team. Thank you for creating this game :D

(Also, my review is up on Gamer365 (hungarian language, non-english warning!) - I gave the game an 8/10, noting that the game is basically a framework for future improvements and it really would be a shame if we do not support this one as FG fans. Advises people to look around before buying, however, due to the strongly mature content theme and the lack of certain options like spectating, etc. I plan on going back to the game x months later, once it has built up a lot of DLC chars and stuff and "re-review", possibly for higher score if all goes well :)

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Playing casuals I went like 31-9 or something? Tournament soon too scared to enter we'll see 。・゜・(ノД`)・゜・。

oh man just did like 45 games in a row with some french guy, was amazing fun but my right hand now has serious cramp, been using the 360 controller instead of the fight pad and my hand isn't used to it lol

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Gotta say. fighting against the Peacock+Double team is incredibly annoying, frustrating and not fun.

UI know what I have to do against it, its just very one sided, even then

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Gotta say. fighting against the Peacock+Double team is incredibly annoying, frustrating and not fun.

UI know what I have to do against it, its just very one sided, even then

Just beat the shit out of double. I ignore peacock, even honzo on the stream last night was agreeing with me saying he doesn't get why no one does it.

Raging Spaniard

Just beat the shit out of double. I ignore peacock, even honzo on the stream last night was agreeing with me saying he doesn't get why no one does it.

You, good sir, can memorize and execute 20 hit combos that use no meter without much trouble.

For me, punishing the Double assist (if I block it) is hard because while Im doing so theres like 34975 projectiles coming my way... so I guess my 2nd best bet is to tag Peacock out, gotta get close to do that :|

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You, good sir, can memorize and execute 20 hit combos that use no meter without much trouble.

For me, punishing the Double assist (if I block it) is hard because while Im doing so theres like 34975 projectiles coming my way... so I guess my 2nd best bet is to tag Peacock out, gotta get close to do that :|

Just do a basic combo into super in the air if you got one. :p

iavi

Not big on fighters, but I gave the demo a run, and that OST; wtf, it's fantastic. I mean, seriously, I just sat at the character select screen to hear it play, then the actual stage theme was just as good, if not better.

Won't be buying the game, ultimately, but I'll definitely shell a few out for the musics.

-PXG-

Ravi put up a new Fanart Friday yesterday, managed to finish my illustration just in time for it to make it :D

skullgirls.jpg

If you want an Omega size, 300 dpi, printable version, go here

Also, since this is SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTING: THE POST: REVENGEANCE, Im linking my twitter, blog, tumblr and DA

Aaaand Im done,any East Coasters wanna play? PSN: Xavipants

Sonuvabitch.

I saw this earlier and was bummed that a higher res version wasn't available. I need it. Needs a new wallpaper :3

Kioshen

If you are going to retouch the menu system ... please oh please change it so that it can loop back unto itself. I know it's a small pet peeve but the main menu loops either way but every other menu stops at the bottom or top. The move text on the tutorial is really hard to read too with that big white background.

Other than that it's a really great fg. It unfortunately made me realized that I don't have good fundamentals and have to start from scratch again.

Raging Spaniard

Sonuvabitch.

I saw this earlier and was bummed that a higher res version wasn't available. I need it. Needs a new wallpaper :3

Um, it was available. On flicker you go to original size and you'll find it, easily.

Not Reverge's fault that you suck at the internet ;)

Im also doing some contrast edits now, got some useful crits from a friend.

Edit: Image has been edited :)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
anyone up for games on psn right now?

I don't think I've owned the game for even an hour yet.

So of course, the thing to do is get bodied by someone way better than me. :D

PSN is SeraphisCain. Unless you already have me on your list, which is a distinct possibility.

(Also, we should totally play some WO3 online at some point too!)

Tried out the demo.

As someone who has never been good at fighting games, I loved the tutorials! Exactly what I wanted and expected SF4 to have.
Doubt I'll end up picking this up though, because I would be buying it just for the tutorials and nothing else.

Man, the loading times (at least on 360) are crazy!

How do you play with a specific individual over online? Apparently I'm missing something key..

EDIT: ahh you make the match private. That makes sense.

Top Bottom