• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

El Sloth

Banned
Last one then I gtg.
Ggs

I was dropping a lot of stuff and it felt like my inputs were sometimes being thrown away into the ether, but it was still enjoyable.

Against Peacock you need to use your armored heavy run when you see an opening in my projectile pattern while mixing it up with air approaches. Be careful of using her glide too much since you can't block during it.

That combo you were doing to me: that was a good chance for you to do some sort of mix up to me. Either her command throw, a regular throw, hitting me low and starting a new combo, going for an overhead, or just finishing the combo with a super.

Cerebella can punish blocked Peacock laser super at the right distances, so don't let me get away with just spamming it when I feel threatened. If you're real close, then you can do her command grab or super grab after the initial laser. If you're farther away, then you can try doing her run>headbutt after the initial laser or superjump and glide over the rest of my lasers for a punish. If you're really far away, then you can sumperjump and glide to avoid chip damage and close the distance or if you have three meters go for her level 3 after the initial laser.

Ken

Ah, I keep dropping the combo at the end so that's why it never ended in a super lol. This is my uh, second day of playing Cerebella so I'm still pretty shaky on her stuff and commands. I still can't do the super grab input or the restand reliably.

Was my first time playing against Peacock so I wasn't really sure what I was supposed to do or which of her moves were punishable.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Seriously, Arc netcode is good, but not as great as GGPO. If anyone wants proof try playing Ken in P4A and then in Skullgirls to see the difference :V
For some reason the version used in AH3 performs the best from what I've seen, and AH3 is not designed for online play. It also doesn't require more bandwidth as more people join a lobby like the BB version does.

alstein

For some reason the version used in AH3 performs the best from what I've seen, and AH3 is not designed for online play. It also doesn't require more bandwidth as more people join a lobby like the BB version does.

Might be a function of the horsepower used for the game. Only thing I can think of. Maybe AH3 requires less than BB. Some folks have said the BB series got slightly worse from iteration to iteration, so maybe increased complexity caued this? (it shouldn't though as ASW died with CT it only used 60% of the PS3's capaibility)

Just a theory.

Kioshen

How good is the tutorial ? Will it help me get better at other fighting games ??

It's really good. It goes over most of what you need to learn in very short span of time. The mix-up blocking part is the best. Yes it will make you better at other 2d fighting games because it teaches what most say are fundamentals.

So, usually in my Fillia/Cerebella team I use Diamond Drop as an assist, but today I've been experimenting with Cerecopter and Lock and Loaded (H) and they're actually a good fit for the team too. Of those 3 assists which do you guys think fits with Fillia the best?

Depends on what you're objective is and how you play her. Diamond drop is great a surprise untechable throw that you otg afterwards. Cerecopter is magic for lockdown and mix-ups which is my fav especially in the corner where it's possible to stay for a long ass while and break mentally the opponent (can't block forever). Lock and Loaded is the "get off me" assist from Cerebella which is great if you're often put in a blocking position and need room to breath.

-----

For 360 people, I'll be bringing back my console from work since I don't have time to sneak in some training time during lunch hour so I'll be able to play a bunch of you now before my live expires.

NEO0MJ

Anyone willing to share some good Painwheel and Peacock matches/tutorials? I plan on picking up the game again soon.

I watched that "Fair Warning" video. I don't even know what the fuck man...

Wow, that is insane. And that was against a solo character!

Depends on what you're objective is and how you play her. Diamond drop is great a surprise untechable throw that you otg afterwards. Cerecopter is magic for lockdown and mix-ups which is my fav especially in the corner where it's possible to stay for a long ass while and break mentally the opponent (can't block forever). Lock and Loaded is the "get off me" assist from Cerebella which is great if you're often put in a blocking position and need room to breath.

Hmm, I think I'll alternate depending on my mood and opponent, the 3 just feel too good when used right.

I watched that "Fair Warning" video. I don't even know what the fuck man...

...Yeah, I need to level the fuck up if I don't want to get horribly mauled at EVO.

Speaking of leveling up, who are the best people on the 360 side? Like I said, I could use some leveling up :X

Roubjon

I'm 360 ;_;

image.php

Azure J

Beats

anyone want to play on psn?

edit: Managed to get a new Filia combo down that's a bit more damaging than my old one. I can't get it to work on Cerebella midscreen though. :[

Kioshen

Are you still gonna be available in like an hour?
I stayed as long as I could but it's getting late here so logging off now sorry.

anyone want to play on psn?

I was holding out for Solar but he probably got caught up on something. My body is ready for another beatdown tomorrow if you're still up for ...
edit: Managed to get a new Filia combo down that's a bit more damaging than my old one. I can't get it to work on Cerebella midscreen though. :[

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Beats

Yeah, I signed off for tonight. I'll be able to play tomorrow though!

I think my last combo did 5.3k - 6.2k depending on the starter. The one I have now does 6.2k-7.5k. I haven't tested it on Peacock though, but I have a feeling it won't work on her. It's similar to the one other Filia's do sometimes at Salty.

I stayed as long as I could but it's getting late here so logging off now sorry.

I was holding out for Solar but he probably got caught up on something. My body is ready for another beatdown tomorrow if you're still up for ...

Yeah, family business stuff can take longer than I usually assume it will =.=

Oh shit, you going to EVO? You still play Marvel? :D

DUDE I POSTED MY EVO INSCRIPTION AT THE WEEKLY THREAD LIKE A MONTH AGO

It's not like anyone actually cared when I posted it anyways so it was extremely missable.

Anyways, I'm up for matches for a little while if anyone wants.

Top Bottom