• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Ravidrath

To exapnd on this; what exactly does the distribution of the money made for the game look like? In other words, what percentage of the total earned goes to you, arcade owner, Taito, etc.

I probably can't get into this.

Really, though, Autumn sees it more as a marketing opportunity for the IP and other versions than something they intend to make a lot of money on.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

Really, though, Autumn sees it more as a marketing opportunity for the IP and other versions than something they intend to make a lot of money on.
That more than answers it, thanks.

Pity it won't ease slave wages, though.

El Sloth

Banned

I think this answers plenty. Here's hoping the game makes it into the next SBO.

Sounds like SBO is dead. Long live GodsGarden I guess.

Did some tutorial work and completed most of them

1. Z-inputs using the control stick/control pad blow
2. Gotta remember to press two kick/punches at the same time when performing Blockbuster attacks

Ken

Did some tutorial work and completed most of them

1. Z-inputs using the control stick/control pad blow
2. Gotta remember to press two kick/punches at the same time when performing Blockbuster attacks

Is this your first fighting game? Just curious.

Geniuzz

So if I recall correctly, the release schedule for the DLC characters is 1st Squiggly, 2nd Big Band, 3rd= first Fan choice? Eliza, 4th RoboFortune and 5th will be Beowulf? And how long between releases? 3 months, 5 months? Regardless, I am looking forward to all of it!

Moonlight

Banned
So if I recall correctly, the release schedule for the DLC characters is 1st Squiggly, 2nd Big Band, 3rd= first Fan choice? Eliza, 4th RoboFortune and 5th will be Beowulf? And how long between releases? 3 months, 5 months? Regardless, I am looking forward to all of it!
Robo-Fortune will be the last character to be added. And three or four months seems a reasonable estimate for the timetables for the characters.

Beats

Man, I'm not a fan of combos that take an enormous amount of time. I just fought someone online and they did a 25 second+ combo to me off a grab. And it only took off about 40% of my health. lol

-

Does anyone have a link to Mike Z's Change list document? Is that still available for viewing?

Ken

25 seconds? Wow. I don't think my brain can hold a combo that long, let alone have the dexterity in my fingers to pull it off.

Man, I'm not a fan of combos that take an enormous amount of time. I just fought someone online and they did a 25 second+ combo to me off a grab. And it only took off about 40% of my health. lol

-

Does anyone have a link to Mike Z's Change list document? Is that still available for viewing?

Was it by any chance a Ms Fortune combo?

Kioshen

-

There ya go for the list. By the way, what's the new Filia combo you came up with out of curiosity ?

-

Another reason to look forward to look forward to Squigly Edition ...

Here's the To-Do List or ya, it's already got some of the prelim changes for this Thursday.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R4CZPUm6PgBgJ9dJkSKbgVrfDZGRtXc-T6XsZxrCve4/edit

"Cere
Run command attack assists"

Hahahahaha, Ram assist please and thank you.

Beats

Was it by any chance a Ms Fortune combo?

Nah. It was a Valentine combo. I haven't really ran into too many Ms. Fortune's yet.

Another reason to look forward to look forward to Squigly Edition ...

Here's the To-Do List or ya, it's already got some of the prelim changes for this Thursday.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R4CZPUm6PgBgJ9dJkSKbgVrfDZGRtXc-T6XsZxrCve4/edit

"Cere
Run command attack assists"

Hahahahaha, Ram assist please and thank you.
There ya go for the list. By the way, what's the new Filia combo you came up with out of curiosity ?

Thanks. This is what I'm doing I think:

cr.LP > cr.MK > st.HP > j.HK > j.QCBHK > Airdash > j.MP > j.HK > cr.LP > cr.MK > st.HP > j.LP > j.MP > j.MK (2 hits) > j.QCBHK > Ground Dash > st. LK > st. MK > st.HP > DP Super

Works on everyone midscreen except Peacock and Cerebella.

I do this combo instead on Peacock midscreen/corner:

cr.LP > cr.MK > st.HP > j.HP > Airdash > j. LK > j.HK > cr.LP > cr.MK > st.HP > j.LP > j.MP > j.MK (2 hits) > j.QCBHK > Ground Dash > st. LK > st. MK > st.HP > DP Super

Still need to figure out something for Cerebella. I could probably get more before the super.

Ken

Did I accidentally exit to the single player lol.

GGs solar. I need to work on blocking Filia, getting out of the corner, and getting a more reliable BnB.

Cere v Cere is pretty scary too, but double Kanchou is silly.

No, that was me exiting the match. GGs.

Thanks. This is what I'm doing I think:

cr.LP > cr.MK > st.HP > j.HK > j.QCBHK > Airdash > j.MP > j.HK > cr.LP > cr.MK > st.HP > j.LP > j.MP > j.MK (2 hits) > j.QCBHK > Ground Dash > st. LK > st. MK > st.HP > DP Super

Works on everyone midscreen except Peacock and Cerebella.

I'm pretty sure that needs to be a j.MK for it to work on like half the characters? At least that's the case with the BnB I'm trying to do that is pretty much the same as that but longer.

Beats

I'm pretty sure that needs to be a j.MK for it to work on like half the characters? At least that's the case with the BnB I'm trying to do that is pretty much the same as that but longer.

It should work. I tried it again just now and it worked on everyone except Peacock and Cerebella midscreen. Though you do need to jump forward a bit before doing the j.HK.

NEO0MJ

This is the only help I can give you:
http://skullgirls.com/forums/forums/index.php?forums/peacock.48/

http://skullgirls.com/forums/forums/index.php?forums/painwheel.53/

http://skullgirls.com/forums/forums/index.php?forums/videos-and-streams.12/

And I'd link to the Cisco Kid vs. Mike Z, but it seems to have been taken down and I can't find a mirror.

Thanks!

I could play, I'm terrible and will probably lose every round but I'm Mauricio_Magus on PSN

add me and we can fight, anyone is invited

If you're as terrible as me then I'll add you.

NEO0MJ

I'll play!
PSN: Beats00

Well, those were some eye-opening matches. I was crushed so easily. Still, had a lot of fun and learned a lot during them. Filia's rushdown is something scary. One thing I learned is taht my team desperately needs some sort of reversal. Maybe I should pick up Mrs.Fortune again for Fiber Upper.

Hope the connection was Ok.

Beats

Well, those were some eye-opening matches. I was crushed so easily. Still, had a lot of fun and learned a lot during them. Filia's rushdown is something scary. One thing I learned is taht my team desperately needs some sort of reversal. Maybe I should pick up Mrs.Fortune again for Fiber Upper.

Hope the connection was Ok.

Hmm, yea she's pretty scary! I sometimes have trouble blocking against her stuff even though I main her. I noticed you were doing a standing block while I was attacking you on the ground a couple of times, which let me open you up with low attacks. You can generally just crouch block if your opponent is attacking you from the ground and stand block if the opponent is attacking from the air. :]

Connection wasn't too bad.

El Sloth

Banned
GGs, Azure! Was a lot of fun.

I don't really play Fortune or Valentine, but here are some tips when using them against Peacock:

When Fortune is about mid-screen, it's not a bad idea throw the head when you see an opening. Using her nom to punish anything I might do and rush in while the animation is still going on and go into a combo. Using her heavy fiber uppercut is also an amazing way to move across the screen (if you press the kick button again during it she flings her self into the air). After that you can airdash or use her second jump (or even both., not sure) and fling her head at me to get something going. She really scary because of her air mobility, head, and range of her air attacks.

Valentine I'm least sure about. I believe at the right distances you may be able to punish my projectile pressure with her flatline super (not the knives, although that's not such a bad idea either). After a blocked super you can superjump jump, airdash, and then do that special of hers that moves across the screen. It's like a regular version of her flatline super. Not sure what it's called. You're fighting a losing battle trying to match my projectiles with her. Don't recommend it.

I'm sure the other guys here can give you better advice on what to do and how to approach and with which buttons.

You should try using Valentine's command grab as an assist when running Fortune on point. Some scary mixups and resets in the corner or on my wakeup that way.

*call valentine*

*jump in the air*

*If I jump air grab, if I don't I get grabbed by Valentine*

*shoot myself after it happens for a fourth time*

Top Bottom