• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyforge |OT| Thou shall not workship false prophets

Hit 13k prestige and got the next open area, the somethingsomething Peninsula, that place is too hard to solo atleast for the moment. :( The archer is cool though.

Cracklox

Loving alch. Just got the heal, which is on a really weird 8min16 cooldown but hey. The reflect shield even post nerf is pretty great. Getting about 36k reflects which is still nice. The other nice thing is the 21 sec cooldown starts ticking when you start the channel. Given you can hold it to negate all damage for 5 seconds, it really only has a 16 sec cooldown. Short considering how effective it is.

Once I get the 2 talents for the regular shield, and the BIG damage buff powers I might have a hard time wanting to play anything else in groups. Great utility and capable of pretty good damage too.

Hit 13k prestige and got the next open area, the somethingsomething Peninsula, that place is too hard to solo atleast for the moment. :( The archer is cool though.

All the zones get progressively harder the further you get through them. The end of that particular zone is tuned to 22-23k range.

And archers great. I maxed mine. The only thing I was a little disappointed in was the back half of the tree. The other classes i've spent time with all had stuff I couldn't wait to get at the end of the tree. Archer not so much. Just 1 or 2 things that help work electric arrows into a proper rotation. At least for me.

Loving alch. Just got the heal, which is on a really weird 8min16 cooldown but hey. The reflect shield even post nerf is pretty great. Getting about 36k reflects which is still nice. The other nice thing is the 21 sec cooldown starts ticking when you start the channel. Given you can hold it to negate all damage for 5 seconds, it really only has a 16 sec cooldown. Short considering how effective it is.

Once I get the 2 talents for the regular shield, and the BIG damage buff powers I might have a hard time wanting to play anything else in groups. Great utility and capable of pretty good damage too.

All the zones get progressively harder the further you get through them. The end of that particular zone is tuned to 22-23k range.

And archers great. I maxed mine. The only thing I was a little disappointed in was the back half of the tree. The other classes i've spent time with all had stuff I couldn't wait to get at the end of the tree. Archer not so much. Just 1 or 2 things that help work electric arrows into a proper rotation. At least for me.

Yeah my Alchemist is my go-to atm for groups. I swear that every single group though people think the Alchemist ult is going to hurt them and they run from it. Hard to heal allies when they're fleeing from you!

Cracklox

Yeah my Alchemist is my go-to atm for groups. I swear that every single group though people think the Alchemist ult is going to hurt them and they run from it. Hard to heal allies when they're fleeing from you!

Haha. The 1st time I tried it I had no idea what was happening. I just saw orange and jetpacks.

We had the Cronnel platforms boss down to his last health bar, and only 2 of left standing. Thought I'd pop the heal as we were both missing health. Anyway, ended up re-positioning accidentally after the channel RIGHT next to him and straight into his AOE for a 1 shot kill. Other guy died shortly after and we had to retry. Had we just continued to DPS we would have done it.

I apologized in chat and explained that was the 1st time using the ability. I took the total lack of response I got, as they weren't too happy.

Kalentan

I feel like it's going to take forever to unlock Berserker, still so far I have to go and the node costs are getting high. :(

Finally unlocked monk...but I don't have a weapon?! Do I have to do something special to get one?

has to drop as loot. just go to an open area and find a task that rewards an item. you'll still be able to fight and farm without a weapon you'll just have less might.

Xeteh

This game seems pretty cool. I like it so far. About how long does it take to unlock other classes?

I also hate having to pick a first/last name in games. My names all sound stupid.

Ploid 3.0

has to drop as loot. just go to an open area and find a task that rewards an item. you'll still be able to fight and farm without a weapon you'll just have less might.

And a lot less hp if thundr51 has upgrades for them both. Upgrades don't count until the slot is filled.

thundr51

Thanks, I thought I'd basically be running around punching stuff. Going through the open areas now and building back up.

Xyber

Just got to my first new class, ended up going with Kinetic after thinking about going for Slayer first. Now I just need to grind a lot for sparks to get talents and skills for the damn class. D:

thundr51

Just got to my first new class, ended up going with Kinetic after thinking about going for Slayer first. Now I just need to grind a lot for sparks to get talents and skills for the damn class. D:
In the same boat. Was really annoying that as soon as I opened the new class I find that I've reached my limit on sparks! Should have reset last night so can't wait to get earning again.

boofahead

Banned
From RU boards...choose your reward after dungeons.

proxy

proxy

So uh.... Why the hell is this happening? https://my.mixtape.moe/ogaexd.webm

I can't beat this fucker because I lose out on so much damage from not being able to fully charge up that attack and get the second version..

I have no idea, I've never seen that happen on my Kinetic. That doesn't seem like a boss mechanic.

From RU boards...choose your reward after dungeons.

Whoa that's really nice. I look forward to that being patched it.

Xyber

I have no idea, I've never seen that happen on my Kinetic. That doesn't seem like a boss mechanic.

Whoa that's really nice. I look forward to that being patched it.

Yeah, it has nothing to do with the boss. I've had it happen when I tried Kinetic in training as well and thought it was some mechanic I had missed. I'm guessing it's just some weird server lag though. Some other attacks felt a bit off as well.

boofahead

Banned
Yeah, it has nothing to do with the boss. I've had it happen when I tried Kinetic in training as well and thought it was some mechanic I had missed. I'm guessing it's just some weird server lag though. Some other attacks felt a bit off as well.

Ya gotta be server problem. Has happened on my warlock a few times when long pressing taint.

Cracklox

Some fun runs over the weekend ladies and gents. Hardly needed to pug or go solo, cos there were plenty of people around.

Now I've got the alch skills and talents I want, it's an absolute hoot seeing how fast we can burst down a boss. I think the highlight was thais temple 1st boss, who's 1.1 mil hps disappeared literally in about 10-15secs. Nothing left to show but some crappy loot and health orbs everywhere. Good fun.

Every party needs an alch

Some fun runs over the weekend ladies and gents. Hardly needed to pug or go solo, cos there were plenty of people around.

Now I've got the alch skills and talents I want, it's an absolute hoot seeing how fast we can burst down a boss. I think the highlight was thais temple 1st boss, who's 1.1 mil hps disappeared literally in about 10-15secs. Nothing left to show but some crappy loot and health orbs everywhere. Good fun.

Every party needs an alch

Yeah, being able to go as a four man group through that one instance was great.

Ploid 3.0

14 days of premium here, only a few codes left. And it does work outside of Germany.

http://contest.mmosite.com/index.php/activity/sendkey/skyforge_gift_pack_giveaway_only_for_germany

Quote my post for a code, can only redeem 1 from this promo so can't stack them.

Activate it on your profile page on the Skyforge website.

I wonder if this works if you got one of the 14 days premium + threads + mount rental before. Every other code since I got one of those have not worked because it would say already claimed. I kinda want to sit on this until I have a few weeks of not playing to play with a huge cap on my main.

Edit: Ok these are just like all other codes, they are under the same activation group. Will this game ever have a different set of redeemable codes? Only one code ever.

Quote if you never used a code.

Clearos

Have some members lost interest in the game? Been logging on daily around 11pm EST and the guild has been empty or just everyone is anti-social.

Wish they added a last login feature.

Ploid 3.0

I'm very interested. I am letting caps collect starting this patch. After a few weeks of collecting caps I'll get 3 days of premium and try to burn through as much as I can collecting sparks of evolution for classes that could use them (especially paladin).

The way the game works forced my hand, I tried grinding paladin sparks slowly and to the cap but it's very tedious. Also I got tired of waiting for the next week a day or two after the recap. What were they thinking with this character progression system. New characters start at level 100 no talents and little abilities, and maybe no way to acquire them if you ran out of sparks unlocking them. Then they let you keep sparks that you didn't use from the previous week. The solution seemed obvious to me, I have a maxed Kinetic and Berserker, the Berserker will make it rain when I start farming my saved sparks.

I still do the order pantheon quests from the website.

Edit: Before this plan I hardly logged on when I was capped which was quick to achieve so maybe others did like me, wait on uncap.

Psyren

I wonder if this works if you got one of the 14 days premium + threads + mount rental before. Every other code since I got one of those have not worked because it would say already claimed. I kinda want to sit on this until I have a few weeks of not playing to play with a huge cap on my main.

Edit: Ok these are just like all other codes, they are under the same activation group. Will this game ever have a different set of redeemable codes? Only one code ever.

Quote if you never used a code.

Oh wow. Thanks for this link!

Clearos

I'm very interested. I am letting caps collect starting this patch. After a few weeks of collecting caps I'll get 3 days of premium and try to burn through as much as I can collecting sparks of evolution for classes that could use them (especially paladin).

The way the game works forced my hand, I tried grinding paladin sparks slowly and to the cap but it's very tedious. Also I got tired of waiting for the next week a day or two after the recap. What were they thinking with this character progression system. New characters start at level 100 no talents and little abilities, and maybe no way to acquire them if you ran out of sparks unlocking them. Then they let you keep sparks that you didn't use from the previous week. The solution seemed obvious to me, I have a maxed Kinetic and Berserker, the Berserker will make it rain when I start farming my saved sparks.

I still do the order pantheon quests from the website.

Edit: Before this plan I hardly logged on when I was capped which was quick to achieve so maybe others did like me, wait on uncap.

I might be missing the boat on how to hit the weekly caps so quickly. I play around 2-3 hours a night and I never get remotely close to getting to the spark cap. I run dungeons and do missions, not sure if I am missing something obvious.

Primus

Have some members lost interest in the game? Been logging on daily around 11pm EST and the guild has been empty or just everyone is anti-social.

Haven't had a lot of time recently due to life/work, still try to get on once a day at least so I can do the Pantheon missions, get those daily Holy Texts, and quickly grind out an instance for church materials.

Ploid 3.0

Some people just do one boss and exit. The boss on Krysis (the bee level, forgot how it's spelled) is very easy to get to and kill. I like doing the whole map though, I find it give me faster class sparks since I don't have to navigate menus, and load as often. I had to do the one boss thing with paladin because any other boss would have taken him a lot longer I figured. With the barrels, the Krysis boss melts 3 bars each time he move over to refill. So easy.

You get about the same amount of class sparks when you play on normal, hard, or impossible it seems, so I just cap on whichever I'm already on since the new scaling system, as it never puts you on impossible by default.

Edit: Recently posted on the official forums NA. Premium user though, so this person caps faster than I would.

It's Wednesday morning and I played for about 3 hours. I only have 5.5K Sparks of Insight possible before I hit this week's cap and only 2K Class Sparks. I have earned about 4-5K Sparks of Insight during that time and perhaps just under 1K Class Sparks. Is this game meant to be played for half a day once/week and then have us just logging in for an hour each day to get temple upgrade items? The caps need to be quadrupled as this is ridiculous.

I know that this is a recurring complaint as I was subscribed to another thread about it and planned to post this there, but it is no longer under my subscribed threads.

Has a community manager spoken with the developers to find out if there is a plan to increase these dramatically?

https://na.portal.sf.my.com/comments/55dde76f3798083e1a26ff21

His routine.

1. Premium - doubles advancement. Cleary, I need to stop buying this as soon as it runs out. The down-side of not having it is not being able to get Sparks of Evolution, but by the time this is an issue, the 30K PvP queue should be popping more quickly and I won't need them to level up new classes that have very few skills unlocked.

2. x2 and x3 maps - do these and you get rewards super fast. A x3 group dungeon gave me 3K red sparks. The x2 squads give 1000, and a x3 gives 1500.

3. Below 30K, PvP is super fast and gives a ton of gear and class sparks as well also often having the x2 and x3's on them (which make them worth it for above 30K even earlier in the day without an instant queue). Plus, in the evenings 30K+ get fast PvP queues anyway.

Clearos

Yeah, I just took a look. I pretty much follow that, guess I just need to go faster or play more.

At least I wasn't missing anything.

Ploid 3.0

I mainly focus on speed when clearing missions. The reason I want to go fast is because I want the abilities, the nodes, or more currency. I mainly solo and there's little reason for me to chill with random people like other MMORPGs. Thinking about it, when I did chill and relax in those other games I was most likely exping in parties, helping with a class quest/level cap quest, or trying to get a rare drop from a specific rare monster.

I'm in crunch at the moment, so I'm really only on some during the weekends. I'm still playing, though.

I'm still playing quite a bit but I don't really chat in guild chat ever since messages still won't go through occasionally.

Ploid 3.0

Even when chat is going through I hardly notice it. With the way the chat box is and the size/style of the hud it just seems invisible to me when I'm playing.

Clearos

All good things to hear. Was just getting a bit nervous when I saw nothing and a lot of stagnate prestige levels.

On a side note, I think at this point we got most of the Gaf community so if you have friends or run into people you like running dungeons with feel free to get them an invite into the guild.

Primus

The first Invasion will begin on Friday.

We need to build the Ether Projector if we want to take an active part in Invasions, otherwise there'll just be the odd invaded-version of an instance to do.

Cracklox

All good things to hear. Was just getting a bit nervous when I saw nothing and a lot of stagnate prestige levels.

I'll chime in cos, you know, the thread would be half as long without me.

I'm still around obviously. I was between jobs when I started playing so had plenty of time with not too much else to do. That combined with my sleeping patterns (accidentally) reversing, I was on at what would be considered some odd times locally, but fit in well with the other side of the world. ie most everyone else here.

But alas I can't really make a living playing this, so I'm back on the 9-5 grind, with much more regular hours. Those hours, as I've come to learn, don't really fit well with playing with people on the other side of the world with normal schedules.

That said, weekend times tend to meet up well if I (or you guys!) can get on during the day.

On a side note, I think at this point we got most of the Gaf community so if you have friends or run into people you like running dungeons with feel free to get them an invite into the guild.

Yeah, I wasn't far off suggesting that idea myself.

The inactivity (stagnate prestige) is a bit of a worry. There's quite a few that don't appear to have logged since the big patch, which I thought would get a few more people back and interested. It is what it is though. I dig the game, but also understand there's a few issues that could def put people off. I also understand not everybodys life and/or gaming habits revolve around mmo's.

But, I also believe there's weight in the theory if people leave a game like this for 10 days or so they often won't be back. Especially these days when there so much else out there.

So not sure what we do. The (end) game is skewed towards big pantheons with plenty of active members. The way things have slowed down (inevitably I suppose) it's going to take us quite some time until we can do some of that stuff as a guild, and even longer to actually get some benefit out of it. Somewhat pessimistically, I feel I should add if we even get that far.

So what to do? Do we give people another big update or 2 to hopefully lure them, or do we begin a culling process and replace with f&f who will hopefully be more active? Or is there another way to do it that I can't bloody think of?

Clearos

I share the same concern. I'm all for progressing to the end so I have been throwing invites to people I run successful dungeons with to give us a boost of active players. I agree that if you are gone for X amount of days that there is a really high chance that the user has already decided that this is not the game for them.

This guild was specifically to make a home for GAF members so I think our best bet would be to start/continue open recruiting and when we hit the player limit we either increase size or I'll start sending out private messages on the forum asking if a said user is coming back and if it is ok if we remove them for the guild for the time being.

If we get to the point we can't get past 50-60 members, i think we will just need to have a discussion about merging with another medium size guild so we can hit that golden 100 member requirement.

Granted we have time until all of this happens so we can go day by day and see what works best. As long as we give everyone a fair chance to advance with the core group.

on a game related note: They might not be the best class but Monk is incredibly fun.

Psyren

Are there seperate guilds for US/EU? I currently play on EU, and if there's still space available i'd like to join.

Clearos

Are there seperate guilds for US/EU? I currently play on EU, and if there's still space available i'd like to join.

There is an EU guild. Write your information down on the google sheet (See OP) and an EU leader should get you an invite when you are on.

Hey guys, I haven't been on for a couple weeks now. A lot of stuff going on right now and I just don't have time to even login. I am going to ask that you remove Ogun Acar from the guild for now.

At some point I will come back and ask for an invite, if there is room for me.

Xyber

So I'm getting close to having my sledgehammer build done for my Kinetic. Holy shit at the damage I can do in PvP. I did 120k damage in one combo on a Berserker who activated a healing ability. o_O

Clearos

Having a blast with Monk but the melee tracking in some maps (and pvp) is just too much of a hassle so going to shelf him for awhile. Going back to slayer to start playing around with a build that can manage once Blood harvest gets nerfed to the ground.

Top Bottom